7:05 PM :  Buffalo ( 180 ) at  Montreal ( -220 ) —- T: 180
    7:05 PM :  New Jersey ( 0 ) at  Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( -120 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    8:05 PM :  Washington ( -140 ) at  Dallas ( 120 ) —- T: -140
    8:05 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -170 ) at  Arizona ( 150 ) —- T: -170
    9:05 PM :  Anaheim ( 120 ) at  Minnesota ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    10:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 0 ) at  Calgary ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:35 PM :  Colorado ( 250 ) at  San Jose ( -300 ) —- T: 250

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• noddy

LFG!!!!!

• noddy

It’s hard not to play Jones in cash. I might pay up for Burns. Flyers coming off a nice break. Might be fresh and ready to go

• mavdizzle

With the blues/jets game off the main slate, how chalky will the sharks and caps be? In gpp I’m thinking of targeting the games in Ontario and Alberta on account of the caps not beating the stars since 2008. Definitely need a piece of them for cash though

• rgreuli

@mavdizzle said...

With the blues/jets game off the main slate, how chalky will the sharks and caps be? In gpp I’m thinking of targeting the games in Ontario and Alberta on account of the caps not beating the stars since 2008. Definitely need a piece of them for cash though

DAL/WAS Stack with SJ goalie.

• Kegjmr

Who does everyone like on the early slate? Debating between Ehlers Wheeler or Little Perrault.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@noddy said...

It’s hard not to play Jones in cash. I might pay up for Burns. Flyers coming off a nice break. Might be fresh and ready to go

They could come off sluggish after such a long break. It could cut either way. I’ll have a few lineups with some Flyers, though.

• Kegjmr

@Kegjmr said...

Who does everyone like on the early slate? Debating between Ehlers Wheeler or Little Perrault.

Also, the 2nd combo allows me to play Tarasenko over Stastny

• rgreuli

@Kegjmr said...

Also, the 2nd combo allows me to play Tarasenko over Stastny

Well hopefully putting Berglund and Fabbri on the same line will wake Tarasenko up and put an end to his six game scoreless streak.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@mavdizzle said...

Ownership should be fairly spread out in my opinion. In addition to the teams you mentioned, TOR, MTL, PHI, TB, LA are all in good spots and should see some ownership.

• Codith

Flyers usually suck after breaks but something tells me they go off today. Third line is my target with Konecny, Simmonds, and Schenn. Simmonds just got engaged and I’m feeling a beast mode game from him

• rgreuli

The kid from North Pole is starting for the Blues.

• epot

Low Ownership play: BUFDALSpencer Martin?

• fantasybender

Does Hedman play today? He’s coming back from sickness and gets 3 days to rest after this game. Tough call here

• kdub

@fantasybender said...

Does Hedman play today? He’s coming back from sickness and gets 3 days to rest after this game. Tough call here

Full practice yesterday, I dont see why not

• bstreich9

Minnesota hosts Hockey Day Minnesota today where there’s a bunch of big hockey games throughout the day, Wild while at home on HDM are 7-2, home tonight vs Boudreau’s old team. I can see us come out firing. For other stacks, obviously Washington will be higher owned with San Jose. Although I can see the JVR line scoring some tonight as well as Brassard/Stone/Karlsson for my contrarian stack.

• keephustlincuz

So what you guys are telling me is that I’m gonna get any Calgary line at less than 8% at home against EDM who is on a B2B with Brossoit in net?

Is this what I’m hearing?

• SA16

Play me if you’re playing Flames please. Thanks.

• keephustlincuz

@SA16 said...

Name and site?

• SA16

@keephustlincuz said...

Name and site?

Reshi/DK should have games up to 215 in the lobby at the moment.

• deejones49

@SA16 said...

I like the Flames tonight

• TicketRaven

Sharks -360 ?

• TimmerRC

I think Calgary hits 3-4 goals tonight. The Gaudreau line in particular has some appeal for me.

• keephustlincuz

@TimmerRC said...

I think Calgary hits 3-4 goals tonight. The Gaudreau line in particular has some appeal for me.

It will be interesting to see how bennett reacts to a night in the press box. Most times a player comes out the next game and goes crazy.

• TimmerRC

The thing for me is… I don’t use advanced stats much, I find they tend to muddy what is generally a pretty clear picture, but that Gaudreau line this year has a 5×5 CF60 of 48…. against the Oilers this year (albeit in very limited minutes) they have a CF60 of 72. One game doesn’t indicate much of anything, I know, and I don’t use Corsi much, but that number tells me that Gaudreau’s line could ramp things up and go nuts. They are way overdue for a big game as a line, Bennett’s frustrated….

It’s not a sure thing, and the bulk of my attention is elsewhere tonight, but I made a lone lineup with CGY2 and WSH2 quite easily and threw it into a contest.

• sizzlebeans

@TimmerRC said...

The thing for me is… I don’t use advanced stats much, I find they tend to muddy what is generally a pretty clear picture, but that Gaudreau line this year has a 5×5 CF60 of 48…. against the Oilers this year (albeit in very limited minutes) they have a CF60 of 72. One game doesn’t indicate much of anything, I know, and I don’t use Corsi much, but that number tells me that Gaudreau’s line could ramp things up and go nuts. They are way overdue for a big game as a line, Bennett’s frustrated….

It’s not a sure thing, and the bulk of my attention is elsewhere tonight, but I made a lone lineup with CGY2 and WSH2 quite easily and threw it into a contest.

I’m pretty much the same as far as using advanced stats (I pretty much never look). I just watch games and play what I feel are the teams/lines in the best spots. I’m not profitable at this at all, but I somehow manage to maintain a very small BR to keep playing with. That being said, I did put a spreadsheet together today, and Johnny Hockey comes out as the most efficient forward for the flames (based on (pts/g + shots/g) ÷ ATOI). I have been having a lot of luck the times I use CGY2 this year, but I might consider switching that to CGY1 tonight. FWIW, Frolik is the 2nd most efficient, followed by Backlund, then Tkachuk, so that 2nd line has been very productive for them.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).