• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  Winnipeg ( -130 ) at  Ottawa ( 110 ) —- T: 6o-25
    7:08 PM :  Philadelphia ( 110 ) at  Boston ( -130 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    7:08 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -165 ) at  Columbus ( 145 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    7:08 PM :  New Jersey ( 130 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -150 ) —- T: 5½u-40
    9:38 PM :  Montreal ( -121 ) at  Vancouver ( 105 ) —- T: 6o-22
    10:08 PM :  Colorado ( -260 ) at  Los Angeles ( 220 ) —- T: 5½o-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• rgreuli

Will be focusing on Ottawa and LA Kings today. Go Kings Go!

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Still tilted from yesterday. JEEK’s goal cost me so much.

• PhoFever

Woulda ben a much better night for me last night if Pettersen had bothered to participate in the Canucks breakout. Who woulda thunk to put Horvat with the rest of L1 instead of Pettie.

On that subject I’ve been seeing a lot of successful lines lately correlate the PP rather than the 5v5 lines. I’m going to focus a little more on doing that tonight.

• Kirbizzle

@PhoFever said...

Woulda ben a much better night for me last night if Pettersen had bothered to participate in the Canucks breakout. Who woulda thunk to put Horvat with the rest of L1 instead of Pettie.

On that subject I’ve been seeing a lot of successful lines lately correlate the PP rather than the 5v5 lines. I’m going to focus a little more on doing that tonight.

Something ain’t right with Pettersen, too much gaming/streaming Warzone during the off season.

• mfetzner

@PhoFever said...

I play mainly on FD other than my lone DK Forum entry but with FD changing to the two UTIL spots I’ve found myself playing more PP units than I did last year. In Vancouver’s case you can use Pettersson and Horvat now and not screw up the rest of your lineup build like doing that last year would have done using two C’s. FD gives extra points for a PPG or PPA so even more incentive there and with teams playing all these back to backs I think PP will be even more important than in previous years.

• PhoFever

@mfetzner said...

I play mainly on FD other than my lone DK Forum entry but with FD changing to the two UTIL spots I’ve found myself playing more PP units than I did last year. In Vancouver’s case you can use Pettersson and Horvat now and not screw up the rest of your lineup build like doing that last year would have done using two C’s. FD gives extra points for a PPG or PPA so even more incentive there and with teams playing all these back to backs I think PP will be even more important than in previous years.

That’s a great point. Hadn’t even considered that. I’m like you; play almost all FD (and Yahoo), so this is good insight for me.

• lomac

Covid news:

Capitals coach Peter Laviolette says four COVID-19 protocol players — Alex Ovechkin, Ilya Samsonov, Evgeny Kuznetsov and Dmitry Orlov — are in quarantine and he believes they’ll miss the next four games.

• rgreuli

@lomac said...

Covid news:

Capitals coach Peter Laviolette says four COVID-19 protocol players — Alex Ovechkin, Ilya Samsonov, Evgeny Kuznetsov and Dmitry Orlov — are in quarantine and he believes they’ll miss the next four games.

They grouped together in a hotel room without masks. The organization was fined a 100K.

• PhoFever

So basically the Russians needed a vodka night cap after everyone else had gone to bed.

• rgreuli

@PhoFever said...

So basically the Russians needed a vodka night cap after everyone else had gone to bed.

Sounds about right.

• CheetosAddict

Good morning everyone. 5 places left in the Forum Contest.

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/101798155

• cplatt87

Hunter Miska starting for the Avs tonight. DK has him priced up to $8300 though so I likely won’t go there. I might actually play some Quick instead

• eaglezzz

Norris and Batherson seem like must plays on FanDuel because of the price. I like Mackinnon, Wheeler as my pay up guys.

• starsfan24

Bo Bryam is making his highly anticipated NHL debut for Avs tonight. $2500 on DK 🤫

• ryanprzy

@starsfan24 said...

Bo Bryam is making his highly anticipated NHL debut for Avs tonight. $2500 on DK 🤫

I might put him in one lineup out of 10 or so.

Eventually this kid’s going to be the cat’s pajamas but for tonight I can see him getting 12 minutes where afterward it’ll be said that he:

“…didn’t look out of place, even connecting on a nifty outlet pass in the 2nd period to Valeri Nichushkin that would have created a 2-on-1 had Tyson Jost not been caught offsides. Perhaps the most pleasing takeaway from this game is that Byram looked comfortable handling the puck on both ends of the ice and he didn’t commit any turnovers.”

• synth

New to NHL still

When I learned NFL and MLB the biggest thing that helped me was learning general roster construction tips rather than specific plays for a night. Teach a man to fish etc. With that in mind could anyone let me know if there are any glaring issues with how I’ve been designing lineups for correlation for GPP specifically?

Team A: Line 1 C + W + W and then a D of the opponent
    Team B: Line 1 or 2 C + W
    Team C: G + D
    Utility used on whatever fits

I’ve had a few cashes so far this year but am still unsure if I’m making the right type of lineups

• cplatt87

@synth said...

New to NHL still

When I learned NFL and MLB the biggest thing that helped me was learning general roster construction tips rather than specific plays for a night. Teach a man to fish etc. With that in mind could anyone let me know if there are any glaring issues with how I’ve been designing lineups for correlation for GPP specifically?

Team A: Line 1 C + W + W and then a D of the opponent
    Team B: Line 1 or 2 C + W
    Team C: G + D
    Utility used on whatever fits

I’ve had a few cashes so far this year but am still unsure if I’m making the right type of lineups

For GPPs I personally prefer to just go with 2 full line stacks that also play on the PP together and then fit in whatever 2 D and G I can around that. It’s generally served me well.

That’s just my personal GPP strategy though, obviously everyone is different.

• cplatt87

@starsfan24 said...

He isn’t my favorite $2500 D man playing tonight

• synth

@cplatt87 said...

For GPPs I personally prefer to just go with 2 full line stacks that also play on the PP together and then fit in whatever 2 D and G I can around that. It’s generally served me well.

That’s just my personal GPP strategy though, obviously everyone is different.

Really appreciate it

• lomac

Jets are replacing Niku with Heinola(2500) on the top pair with Morrissey. Heinola is better and was pretty good at the world juniors.

• ifthethunder

@PhoFever said...

IT IS TRADITIONAL!
    ~

• Steverino01

@PhoFever said...

More like a Russian Spies meeting.

Looking at my lineup and I see all 9 players are on visiting teams. That may be a first for me.

• zovyn

@lomac said...

Jets are replacing Niku with Heinola(2500) on the top pair with Morrissey. Heinola is better and was pretty good at the world juniors.

Not in the FD player pool fwiw

• ifthethunder

Goalie thoughts and dreams: Tempted to go with Jonathan Quick for the 35+ save bonus and Semyon Varlamov for the maybe he wins and also gets a shutout spend-up.
    ~

• lomac

Senators lineup update: Colin White IN; Artem Anisimov OUT

Devils Starting Goalie: Scott Wedgwood

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).