• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  Winnipeg ( -130 ) at  Ottawa ( 110 ) —- T: 6o-25
    7:08 PM :  Philadelphia ( 110 ) at  Boston ( -130 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    7:08 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -165 ) at  Columbus ( 145 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    7:08 PM :  New Jersey ( 130 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -150 ) —- T: 5½u-40
    9:38 PM :  Montreal ( -121 ) at  Vancouver ( 105 ) —- T: 6o-22
    10:08 PM :  Colorado ( -260 ) at  Los Angeles ( 220 ) —- T: 5½o-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• TJF74

It’s Jonathan Quick’s birthday. 35+ saves on his 35th birthday. I’m rolling with him for his first win of the season.

• lomac

Pregame warm up:

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
    Galchenyuk-Stepan-Dadonov
    Paul-Tierney-CBrown
    Paquette-White-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
    Rielly-Zaitsev
    Coburn-JBrown

Murray
    Hogberg

• klubba575

Kings tend to limit shots, Av’s only put up 24 last meeting. Not sure Quick gets there. Its scary but I kinda like Jake Allen, if the Habs aren’t on the PK for basically an entire period last night they win easily. Varlamov seems uber safe but….you never know.

• Steverino01

Ugh Wedgewood is starting in goal for the Devils. Makes me want to reconsider my whole lineup now. And I had a Isles stack before I tinkered to my new lineup.

I can see it’s going to be one of those nights.

• klubba575

Flyers mixed their lines abit, for the few playing a really contrarian play against the Bruins.

• gairz

projected Jets lines
    per @NHLdotcom

#GoJetsGo

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
    Connor-Stastny-Perreault
    Copp-Lowry-Applton
    Harkins-Thompson-Lewis

Morrissey-Heinola
    Forbort-Pionk
    Stanley-Beaulieu

• PhoFever

You say Russian spies? I say Americans!

• zovyn

@PhoFever said...

You say Russian spies? I say Americans!

MMMM. Yeah. I’d have turned for her.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@synth said...

New to NHL still

When I learned NFL and MLB the biggest thing that helped me was learning general roster construction tips rather than specific plays for a night. Teach a man to fish etc. With that in mind could anyone let me know if there are any glaring issues with how I’ve been designing lineups for correlation for GPP specifically?

Team A: Line 1 C + W + W and then a D of the opponent
    Team B: Line 1 or 2 C + W
    Team C: G + D
    Utility used on whatever fits

I’ve had a few cashes so far this year but am still unsure if I’m making the right type of lineups

The opponent D isn’t necessary, but otherwise it’s a pretty good build. The typical NFL “run back” isn’t really a thing in NHL.

You can correlate goalie to your stacks, too, as if your stack hits, your goalie should get the win.

Also, for team 2, it doesn’t need to be C + W. It could be W + W with a C one-off from another team. Some lines have a bad C, like VGK1 (Stephenson) or MIN1 (Rask), so in that case it’s better to fade the C.

The D correlation is a little less important, as some teams don’t correlate them with a line anyway. Some do, though, like Makar with COL1 or Hughes with VAN1. Sometimes you’ll force a correlated D when in fact, he’s uncorrelated (doesn’t play a minute with your line, which makes him a bad play).

The typical C-W-W, C-W-W-D, one-off D, correlated or not G is normally optimal, but it’s far too popular in GPPs, which makes your build better for differentiation.

• Felixxberg

@klubba575 said...

Kings tend to limit shots, Av’s only put up 24 last meeting. Not sure Quick gets there. Its scary but I kinda like Jake Allen, if the Habs aren’t on the PK for basically an entire period last night they win easily. Varlamov seems uber safe but….you never know.

Habs crushed Canucks if it wasn’t for penalties. Pettersson and Boeser -2, Hughes -4. Allen is a fine play!

Both teams could play more defensively, but MTL’s depth is insane.

• cplatt87

It’s comical how bad I am at picking goalies. Rask giving up 2 goals on 10 shots through 2 periods so far. Looks like this will be my 4th straight night with a sub 5 point goalie on DK

• Southie777

Thank God, my B’s showing some signs of life! Studnicka, first career goal! They’ve definitely deserved a better fate. Only thing that sucks is that I should be in Section 305, enjoying a $15 beer for the first time in almost a year. Oh well, hopefully, soon enough!

• OttawaCityMadman

@cplatt87 said...

It’s comical how bad I am at picking goalies. Rask giving up 2 goals on 10 shots through 2 periods so far. Looks like this will be my 4th straight night with a sub 5 point goalie on DK

Like me with pitchers in BB. But at least in BB you get 2 and a bad score can be negated somewhat by a good one. My personal rule on a 6+ game hockey slate, do not spend more than 8k on a tender. Rask was $7800 and at home, not a bad play at all really. but I never looked at him this eve. I love the 7200-7600 range. Dumpster diving sub 7k is dangerous no doubt. But if you get Quick $6900 today?, have a great game, stop, 40 out of 45 shots. WAY better than a 8.5k tender that stops 18 of 20 shots and gets the win.

• gairz

This might get ugly

Lines for the #Canucks vs. @CanadiensMTL

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
    Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander
    Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
    Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Chatfield
    Juolevi-Myers
    Schmidt-Rafferty

🥅#DemkoTime 🥅

6:30pm puck drop on @Sportsnet650

https://t.co/KAgpi2YNib https://t.co/pPrkDYyrNM

• lomac

Torts really giving it to Pierre-Luc Dubois, didn’t play the entire 2nd period.

• OttawaCityMadman

@lomac said...

Torts really giving it to Pierre-Luc Dubois, didn’t play the entire 2nd period.

I should known better, but I played him. $3800 and dropping lol

• lomac

@OttawaCityMadman said...

I should known better, but I played him. $3800 and dropping lol

I played him in a lineup too, since he was so cheap lol…final ice time 3:55. Can’t imagine this lasts much longer and he gets his trade request.

• rgreuli

@TJF74 said...

It’s Jonathan Quick’s birthday. 35+ saves on his 35th birthday. I’m rolling with him for his first win of the season.

Same here. Go Kings Go!!

• zovyn

Looks like Toffoli is going for Keyser Soze-style Revenge. He killed his enemies already, tonight he’s going after their families… people who owe them money… everybody…

• OttawaCityMadman

And, the King’s play by play guy just lost me. He said JQuick is Hall of Fame worthy… Lol

• klubba575

The Habs continue to take dumb penalties in non-dangerous positions. So bad.

• Felixxberg

Wish I didn’t fade Armia to play Gallagher, but happy I got a random assist from under 1% Rafferty. He’s under 1% in main, late and SD. The guy was a beast in the AHL.

• zovyn

@Felixxberg said...

Wish I didn’t fade Armia to play Gallagher, but happy I got a random assist from under 1% Rafferty. He’s under 1% in main, late and SD. The guy was a beast in the AHL.

There’s a little Gallagher love for ya, Felixx

• rgreuli

@zovyn said...

There’s a little Gallagher love for ya, Felixx

And there it goes. Goal belongs to Chiarot.

• Felixxberg

@rgreuli said...

And there it goes. Goal belongs to Chiarot.

Yep!

I was pretty much locked up to win $1K overall when it was 6-3 MTL and 2-2 COL-LAK. Dropped from 2nd to 4th in the MTL SD and from 4th twice (with full COL1 and Miska, one with MacK captain and one with Rant captain) to like 104th+ in the COL-LAK SD.

Bobby Ryan, Joel Eriksson-Ek, Ben Chiarot and Adrian Kempe cost me about $5K together in like 3 days. All had the last goal of their game, sinking me from top 3 to losing money.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).