• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( 110 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:05 PM :  Carolina ( 180 ) at  Washington ( -220 ) —- T: 180
    7:35 PM :  Calgary ( 125 ) at  Toronto ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:05 PM :  Anaheim ( 0 ) at  Winnipeg ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  San Jose ( -230 ) at  Colorado ( 190 ) —- T: -230
    9:05 PM :  Florida ( -135 ) at  Arizona ( 115 ) —- T: -135

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

“Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted.”

• sizzlebeans

@TimmerRC said...

I think it might come down to lineup construction mentality. I don’t go for more high variance targets, I go for solid, low-variance lines on teams that are the most guaranteed to hit 3-4 goals. Chasing the teams that will hit five goal night doesn’t work for me. So yes, SJ has only very rarely hit 5+ goals but they also almost never have 0 or 1 goals. They are completely dependable to give your lineup a chance, especially if you play the top guys like Burns or Pavelski.

Against Colorado, though, SJ actually does have a decent shot at 5 goals.

Well, Martin held us to 2 goals in the first 60 the other night,. now we’re traveling to their house. I have a bad feeling they might surprise us tonight. That being said, I still will have at least some exposure.

The hard part of using Burns/Pavs, to me, is SJ’s scoring is so random most of the time. It’s hard to predict. So using those expensive guys can get you burned. I try to time using them when they are coming off a couple of low scoring games to play the law of averages.

• TimmerRC

I hear you, and I don’t mean to imply that I use them every time they play. But if I can find a top line from two fairly inexpensive teams against bad defs, I can often slot Pav/Burns in despite the price. I like those two as they have a very high floor, so even on a lesser night for them, they should combine for 5 points, and if my lines go off, I’m fine. I’d rather that than paying up for expensive lines, and fleshing it out with scrubs who could drop bagels.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Was coming on here to say how happy I was that finally we had a night where there were no major line revisions, but then Florida (and to a lesser extent Carolina) screwed with me.

• noddy

I like tonight’s slate. Seems too easy for cash games.

• mskellett

I agree, my line up was too easy to put together. It will crash and burn

• epot

@Zieg30 said...

Was coming on here to say how happy I was that finally we had a night where there were no major line revisions, but then Florida (and to a lesser extent Carolina) screwed with me.

And add to that DK has jokinen as a center and FD has him as a winger??

• octagon

@Scumpunch said...

Oops sorry

• plaudati

Really liking the rangers 2nd line tonight plus Jared McCann seems really solid

• yanks250125

@Scumpunch said...

dont think they care about this forum when NBA is getting 40 pages per night

• deejones49

Rolling out Spencer Martin tonight

• TimmerRC

Good luck, everyone!!

• kirby34

Little or Kadri in the Turbo slate on DK?

• sooted72

@deejones49 said...

Rolling out Spencer Martin tonight

stop trying to get us to take your h2hs

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@sooted72 said...

stop trying to get us to take your h2hs

hahaha

• JENSGT

Early goal for Staal. Loving it.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Ugh! So far, All the Caps I thought of and didn’t go with getting the points…Oh well.

• noddy

i had Williams everywhere then dropped him everywhere 30 mins before lock. FML!!!!

• JENSGT

Ouch. I have Williams, Ovi and Niskanin. Wish I’d had some Orlov.

• epot

is perreault done for the night?

• sizzlebeans

Regretting paying up for Pavs tonight. He looks tired and sluggish. I had a bunch of Caps in earlier too. Nish, Williams , Burakovsky smh

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

Somehow my Marleau lineup in the face-off isn’t even cashing! I suspect Jones’ win will push it over, but we’ll see.

• epot

crazy night! I didn’t play him but it’s hard to believe thornton finished with a gooseegg

• Brandon684

Is it safe to say that the Coyotes are Vegas O/U killers now?

• goldengoat29

@epot said...

crazy night! I didn’t play him but it’s hard to believe thornton finished with a gooseegg

Thornton is completely inept at putting the puck in the net.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).