• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  Montreal ( -150 ) at  Vancouver ( 130 ) —- T: 6½u-15
    7:08 PM :  Philadelphia ( 135 ) at  Boston ( -155 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    2:08 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -160 ) at  Columbus ( 140 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    8:08 PM :  Los Angeles ( 175 ) at  St. Louis ( -200 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    10:08 PM :  Ottawa ( 117 ) at  Winnipeg ( -128 ) —- T: 6u-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

Yesterday’s summary: No Dallas Stars, no money. And I had no Dallas Stars.
    ~

• qatman

Looks like I am going to have a lot of WPG today. I expect many to load up on MTL/VAN – I will have a few pieces of MTL (Gallagher has to score eventually right?) but not that much. If Toffoli scores 2 or 3 tonight, good luck to him.

• mfetzner

5 games on a Saturday and there are 11 on Sunday this week with NFL Championship games on Sunday. Maybe this has happened before but usually Saturday has a bunch of games and Sunday there are just a few. Could be wrong but it seems off

• mfetzner

@mfetzner said...

5 games on a Saturday and there are 11 on Sunday this week with NFL Championship games on Sunday. Maybe this has happened before but usually Saturday has a bunch of games and Sunday there are just a few. Could be wrong but it seems off

and Monday has one game….wtf

• Stangs13

Anyone have any takes on the early showdown with the lightning and bluejackets?

• mfetzner

Wow Jets traded Laine and Roslovic for PLD. Woah

• cplatt87

@mfetzner said...

I’ll be in the corner trying to build lineups through the tears if anyone needs me

• qatman

@mfetzner said...

No idea of the salary etc. but I think I’d rather have Laine and Roslovic.

• mfetzner

@qatman said...

No idea of the salary etc. but I think I’d rather have Laine and Roslovic.

I was trying to get more info. PLD has one year left on contract Laine does not so I’m guessing Jets knew they couldn’t resign him so tried to get what they could. Just shocking quite honestly and if PLD didn’t like Torts, Paul Maurice not a huge improvement plan on getting yelled at in Winnipeg too

• cplatt87

I’m a Jets season ticket holder. On the surface this trade sucks, and I’m crushed we’ve given up on Laine.

With that being said though, the Jets now have some insane depth at Centre (Schiefele, Dubois, Stastny, Lowry is the best C depth in the league IMO) and if Laine wasn’t going to re-sign anyways you at least get value for your asset.

I don’t think its as bad a trade as folks are making it out to be, but IMO Columbus got the best player in the deal.

• mfetzner

@cplatt87 said...

I’m a Jets season ticket holder. On the surface this trade sucks, and I’m crushed we’ve given up on Laine.

With that being said though, the Jets now have some insane depth at Centre (Schiefele, Dubois, Stastny, Lowry is the best C depth in the league IMO) and if Laine wasn’t going to re-sign anyways you at least get value for your asset.

I don’t think its as bad a trade as folks are making it out to be, but IMO Columbus got the best player in the deal.

My buddy’s cousin is Connor Hellebuyck so even though I live in Michigan and am a Wings fan I have been following Winnipeg much closer since Connor was drafted by the Jets. It has made the Wings rebuild a little more to tolerable having the Jets to root for during it. I agree that I think Winnipeg and Columbus both made out good in this. Laine and Roslovic made it clear they wanted out so you got a very good player under contract for at least another year maybe longer in PLD for players who were going to leave anyway. I was just surprised that after all the bs that took place with PLD that Columbus was able to pull off a deal like that. Columbus needs scoring and Laine can help with that but he wanted out partly because he butted heads with Maurice, good luck with Torts…

• OttawaCityMadman

Has Galchenyuk been scratched already? Can’t find any news on him, and he is off the the line sites.

• mfetzner

@OttawaCityMadman said...

Has Galchenyuk been scratched already? Can’t find any news on him, and he is off the the line sites.

according to LWL this was morning skate lines

Tkachuk/Norris/Batherson
    Paul/Anisimov/Dadovov
    Tierney/Stephan/Brown
    Haley/Paquette/Watson

per Wayne Scanlan @HockeyScanner “White, Galchenyuk and Coburn are healthy scratches tonight”

• rgreuli

Looking that way based on the morning skate lines:

#sens lines this morning in Winnipeg
    Tkachuk Norris Batherson
    Tierney Stepan C.Brown
    Paul Anisimov Dadonov
    Haley Paquette Watson
    Galchenyuk Stützle White

Chabot Zaitsev
    Reilly J. Brown
    Wolanin Gudbranson
    Coburn Zub

• OttawaCityMadman

thanks. Stutzle might be back in. Might be a game time

• qatman

Hm, Stepan on 3rd line going to make me rethink things.

• maddysdaddy0914

@cplatt87 said...

I’ll be in the corner trying to build lineups through the tears if anyone needs me

Winnipeger here too. Not sure on all the hate for this deal. People are going to wise up to how good Dubois really is real fast. Columbus system suppressed his offensive Ability.

Ehlers Shief Wheeler
    statsny Dubois Connor
    Copp Lowry Appleton
    Vesalainen Harkins Lewis

And send Perreault as far away as you can

Looks pretty good to me.

• cplatt87

Anyone brave enough to take a flyer on Corey Perry at min price on DK tonight? He’s going to be in Armia’s spot on the 3rd line and I imagine that game will once again be high scoring.

Obviously no guarantee he does much of anything, but I’ve rostered worse min priced players before.

• zovyn

So…… Toffoli tonight is the textbook example of expected negative regression, right?

• cplatt87

@zovyn said...

So…… Toffoli tonight is the textbook example of expected negative regression, right?

I’m not touching him. He’s priced up and a lot of people are going to be chasing points. If he burns me, so be it.

• fluffynuggets

Would someone please post a link to the forum contest?

• OttawaCityMadman

@fluffynuggets said...

Would someone please post a link to the forum contest?

5 spots left… https://dkn.gs/r/B6P5L0pr_0eYzfYlgNMsVw sent ya an invite as well

• lomac

Playing the Ehlers goes ham after his best bud Laine is traded narrative lol

• fluffynuggets

5 spots left… https://dkn.gs/r/B6P5L0pr_0eYzfYlgNMsVw sent ya an invite as well

Thank you

• Steverino01

@zovyn said...

I played him his last 2 games and he won me good money, so I’ll keep playing him until he regresses, which hopefully won’t be tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).