7:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 175 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -210 ) —- T: 175
    7:05 PM :  Detroit ( 0 ) at  Boston ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Calgary ( 165 ) at  Montreal ( -185 ) —- T: 165
    7:35 PM :  Washington ( 0 ) at  Ottawa ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Buffalo ( 155 ) at  Nashville ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    8:05 PM :  San Jose ( 0 ) at  Winnipeg ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:35 PM :  Minnesota ( 0 ) at  Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:35 PM :  Tampa Bay ( 145 ) at  Chicago ( -165 ) —- T: 145

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• yuda

Watch out for the Penguins trap tonight!

• srcripps

• x5

Blogger of the Month

Thought about the Pens, but I figured I’d go Montreal (against a distraught Calgary team who can’t even score a goal on the Leafs) and Washington (Kuznetsov line is killing it right now). Even allows me to spend up on Bearded Burnsy!

• sizzlebeans

@yuda said...

Watch out for the Penguins trap tonight!

I like PIT2 tonight. I’m curious what your thoughts are on this one…what do you know that I don’t? STL goal tending has been piss-poor for a little while now. Why would it turn around on the road against the top scoring team in the league?

I’m also looking at the Jackets tonight. They seem to be coming out of their funk, and the Super Mario Bros mushroom the Isles ate after firing the coach has to wear off soon.

I like MTL, but I’m wondering if that’s the trap game.

NSH PP is in play.

• TimmerRC

I think PITT scores at least 4, but they will be so highly owned, and expensive, I’m mostly going to try to find the same production from other, cheaper, lesser-owned teams, I think.

I’m actually curious as to the ownership numbers for STL… Pitts has had some games recently where they had no D at all… if this ends up a 5-4 game, the smart money would be to target the cheaper 4 than the more expensive 5, right? Not sure I’ve got the stones to go for that approach just yet, though…

• Brandon684

Zuckermania runs wild tonight

• rgreuli

@sizzlebeans said...

I like PIT2 tonight. I’m curious what your thoughts are on this one…what do you know that I don’t? STL goal tending has been piss-poor for a little while now. Why would it turn around on the road against the top scoring team in the league?

I’m also looking at the Jackets tonight. They seem to be coming out of their funk, and the Super Mario Bros mushroom the Isles ate after firing the coach has to wear off soon.

I like MTL, but I’m wondering if that’s the trap game.

NSH PP is in play.

Look at the original posters ranking. Not sure about you but I tend to heed statements by higher ranked individuals. That said it does look like a very juicy spot for Pittsburgh but keep in mind that when these two teams meet the scores have averaged less than 5 goals per game over the past 6 years.

• sizzlebeans

@rgreuli said...

Look at the original posters ranking. Not sure about you but I tend to heed statements by higher ranked individuals. That said it does look like a very juicy spot for Pittsburgh but keep in mind that when these two teams meet the scores have averaged less than 5 goals per game over the past 6 years.

Thanks. I know who yuda is, and I respect his knowledge. It’s why I asked the question, to foster discussion. I thought that’s what the forums were for, no? not just for drive by statements, regardless of player ranking. I also read the game preview that said the same thing about the goals scored over the past 6 years. And as Timmer suggested, perhaps this is the perfect place to pivot to STL, since ownership will be high on the PIT side.

• Codith

Id rather take any other team tonight than STL……Lots of good pivots elsewhere.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@rgreuli said...

Comment uncalled for. Rankings in many cases do not tell the whole story and give only a piece.

• rgreuli

@sizzlebeans said...

Thanks. I know who yuda is, and I respect his knowledge. It’s why I asked the question, to foster discussion. I thought that’s what the forums were for, no? not just for drive by statements, regardless of player ranking. I also read the game preview that said the same thing about the goals scored over the past 6 years. And as Timmer suggested, perhaps this is the perfect place to pivot to STL, since ownership will be high on the PIT side.

Based on the history, this may be the perfect spot to fade this game and look elsewhere where the ownership percentages will be lower. Personally, I’m targeting the Islanders, Red Wings and Wild.

• sizzlebeans

@rgreuli said...

Based on the history, this may be the perfect spot to fade this game and look elsewhere where the ownership percentages will be lower. Personally, I’m targeting the Islanders, Red Wings and Wild.

Yea, I’m on the Wild. but I’m on the other side of the Isles. I think they are at the top of their market right now, so I’m pivoting to the other side in that one.

EDIT: I am going to sprinkle in some Blues tonight though, too. Shattenkirk has been playing really well lately.

• epot

Any thoughts on WAS/OTT tonight? Will the caps keep rolling? Last 2 meetings were WAS 2-1 and WAS 1-0

• sizzlebeans

@epot said...

Any thoughts on WAS/OTT tonight? Will the caps keep rolling? Last 2 meetings were WAS 2-1 and WAS 1-0

this is the game I can’t figure out at all, so I’m pretending it’s not even on the slate…unless I’m using Washington’s $3100 defenseman for some cap relief.

• Codith

Caps two lines are on fire right now, and sens have been pretty meh lately. If Hoffman is sick and not playing, Caps could destroy them.

• NextSignal

Don’t ever forget – Mike Condon has a tendency to fuck even the best plans up.

• epot

i’m thinking of adding this game to my fade list which just might come back to haunt me IE: 7-6 CLB the other night

• maxeernst

Fade the PIT-STL game at your own risk.

Both of these teams are total dumpster fires defensively lately. The goaltending has also been bad. I would bet the over.

Citing stats dating back years is not worth much—-most of the personnel is different, as is a lot of the coaching. Also, the NHL has changed considerably in style since then.

Now, if you are saying: Fade the Pens due to high ownership, that is something I could get behind. That being said, I’m dubious the ownership will be too too high given the plethora of options tonight.

• keephustlincuz

@epot said...

I kind of like a game stack here. Was will have ownership but ott should be lower owned and going against grubauer.

The line is close. I feel this game stays competitive.

• TimmerRC

I think anyone playing multiple lineups almost HAS to make at least one with Wash… they have only had less than 4 goals in a game once in the last ten, and that was against some solid teams. So if the GPP is won by someone targeting a team that will score 6 goals… I mean, there they are, the perfect choice.

They also, incidentally, make the perfect junior partner. You could very easily put together a lineup with 3 skaters from any two teams and then throw in two Washington value plays – I’m losing track of how many days I’ve used Burakovsky… $3700, 10 pts in 6 games… you can add him into any lineup and get a piece, if Wash goes off. And pick any of WASH2, they are all value priced for their out put.

• scsa1998

6 more to fill the RG League

• Scumpunch

@scsa1998 said...

Thanks for the reminder. I meant to post about this today. A link to the league is below if you are not yet a member. Still 4 spots open for tonight.

https://dkn.gs/r/jmOuFWp2Z0m1ZnvuqLa9mA

• DirtysBurgers

@scsa1998 said...

I am making my (hopefully) triumphant return tonight

• sizzlebeans

I was debating whether to play today’s. I’m in, I think I’ll be donating today though. I can’t make my mind up which direction I want to go today.

• JimmyTango

Too many damn choices tonight.

• WTPhils

Just have started playing hockey and am wondering why there isn’t as much worrying about teams on b2b like there is in basketball?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).