7:35 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -105 ) at  Florida ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:35 PM :  Calgary ( 120 ) at  Ottawa ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    8:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 140 ) at  Minnesota ( -160 ) —- T: 140
    8:05 PM :  Columbus ( -105 ) at  Nashville ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    8:35 PM :  Winnipeg ( 135 ) at  Chicago ( -155 ) —- T: 135
    8:35 PM :  Buffalo ( 130 ) at  Dallas ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    9:05 PM :  Vancouver ( -110 ) at  Arizona ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    10:35 PM :  Edmonton ( 0 ) at  San Jose ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• bstreich9

I love these large slates. Shouldn’t have to worry about ownership tonight

• Joda

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

Expect the unexpected.

• Codith

Big slates make my ADD go nuts….so many options….tough to narrow down.

• posts06

never done NHL got a ticket what is good core for the night??

• StanHalen

Anyone game stacking the Canucks/Coyotes so they can sweat a later game and tune in to the analysis from former Nippon Paper Cranes star Tyson Nash? I guess two terrible teams doesn’t mean the game will be terrible.

• Codith

@StanHalen said...

Anyone game stacking the Canucks/Coyotes so they can sweat a later game and tune in to the analysis from former Nippon Paper Cranes star Tyson Nash? I guess two terrible teams doesn’t mean the game will be terrible.

I am using a few of the value plays from the coyotes. Really liking Reider/vrbata. I also am using both goalies in a few. I have a feeling the jets go ham tonight. Laine is back and that PP unit vs the hawks PK is just so good.

• mavdizzle

@posts06 said...

never done NHL got a ticket what is good core for the night??

Games that I’m looking to attack today are.
    Pitt@Bos (both side but particularly Pitt topline)
    Both Ontario teams
    And buff@dall (both sides)

Use the starting lineups page here at rotogrinders and try to fit in 3 man lines or power play lines from those teams is a good start

• StanHalen

The Flames made some changes for tonight. Interesting that they messed with Backlund’s line given how good it’s been this year.

• TJF74

Patrick Marleau is on fire. Going for goal #500 tonight in front of the fans at the Shark Tank.

Ryan Miller ‘s career numbers against the Coyotes are pretty impressive.

Tyler Seguin mutant deformity bobblehead night – http://sports.yahoo.com/news/heres-your-tyler-seguin-mutant-deformity-bobblehead-from-dallas-stars-172237578.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

• sizzlebeans

@StanHalen said...

The Flames made some changes for tonight. Interesting that they messed with Backlund’s line given how good it’s been this year.

I built a LU with the old 2nd line earlier today. Think I’ll leave it, since they’re still PP2, and it’ll give exposure to both top lines.

• sizzlebeans

Elliot starting for CGY tonight. I tend to like to start opposing RWs against him.

• jdogg7811

@sizzlebeans said...

Elliot starting for CGY tonight. I tend to like to start opposing RWs against him.

Newer to NHL DFS here, but I was thinking the same thing. I have Pageau & Hoffman against him in my cash LU’s. Good choices you think?

• Codith

Hoffman for sure, but im not 100% on pageau. I made a few with Hoffman+Karlsson

• Joda

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

Mike Hoffman is a game-time decision. His status likely won’t be known until warm-ups.

• Gfry3

Who is taking Oshie’s spot on the line with Ovi?

• Codith

Beagle I saw earlier, might have changed since

• zshoom

• 2016 Single Entry Series Finalist

@Joda said...

Mike Hoffman is a game-time decision. His status likely won’t be known until warm-ups.

Hoffman skated earlier today – I have him in some FD tourneys and will leave him in, but not taking the risk in cash. Stone is in basically the same spot, and cheaper. I actually prefer Stone anyway for cash because his line is better….though I guess the lines could change if Hoffman is out.

• dyavid

@jdogg7811 said...

Newer to NHL DFS here, but I was thinking the same thing. I have Pageau & Hoffman against him in my cash LU’s. Good choices you think?

Hoffman for sure. i’d go for the PP stack if you’re targeting Ottawa. Calgary leads the league in penalties taken.

Karlsson is the setup man at the top of Ottawa PP umbrella while Hoffman is the triggerman on the right point which is how Hoff usually gets his chances. Stone and Hoffman also have a cross crease set play they often try on the PP so thats a viable stack too. Unfortunately all the forwards on the PP1 play on seperate EV lines.

• JimmyTango

@StanHalen said...

‘Brociopath’ is probably my favorite Workaholics episode.

• shamrock77s

@sizzlebeans said...

I built a LU with the old 2nd line earlier today. Think I’ll leave it, since they’re still PP2, and it’ll give exposure to both top lines.

Looks like Frolik is out of that PP2 grouping according to DFO. Not sure what Alex Chaisson is expected to bring to the table that would be better than what Frolik has given them.

• sizzlebeans

@shamrock77s said...

Looks like Frolik is out of that PP2 grouping according to DFO. Not sure what Alex Chaisson is expected to bring to the table that would be better than what Frolik has given them.

Did they move Frolik up to spark the top line, maybe? Seems like all the production was coming from that #2 line. Maybe they are trying to spread the wealth?

• StanHalen

@sizzlebeans said...

Did they move Frolik up to spark the top line, maybe? Seems like all the production was coming from that #2 line. Maybe they are trying to spread the wealth?

Monahan can’t get any hotter than he is right now, but Fro shoots a lot more than Chiasson, so maybe this line will utilize Johnny Hockey’s playmaking to a greater degree. That’s just a guess though. I am generally not in favor of breaking up a line that has been rolling like the Backlund line.

• shamrock77s

@StanHalen said...

Monahan can’t get any hotter than he is right now, but Fro shoots a lot more than Chiasson, so maybe this line will utilize Johnny Hockey’s playmaking to a greater degree. That’s just a guess though. I am generally not in favor of breaking up a line that has been rolling like the Backlund line.

I hate it because I have been playing Calgary 2 all season, particularly at home.
    With Chaisson gone, I actually have interest in playing the top line now, and Johnny Hockey is quite cheap since he hasn’t done anything in the last 15 or so contests. Maybe this will spark the top line to actually produce…though I wish they could have kept Frolik with Backlund and moved up Tkachuk.
    All that said, I do have some shares of Condon for GPP’s tonight as it will likely take a little bit for those lines to mesh and the excess penalties mentioned above. Calgary has been such a trainwreck away from the Saddledome this year, and Ottowa seems to have found a groove…all points to a big night for the Sens.

• keephustlincuz

@shamrock77s said...

I hate it because I have been playing Calgary 2 all season, particularly at home.
    With Chaisson gone, I actually have interest in playing the top line now, and Johnny Hockey is quite cheap since he hasn’t done anything in the last 15 or so contests. Maybe this will spark the top line to actually produce…though I wish they could have kept Frolik with Backlund and moved up Tkachuk.
    All that said, I do have some shares of Condon for GPP’s tonight as it will likely take a little bit for those lines to mesh and the excess penalties mentioned above. Calgary has been such a trainwreck away from the Saddledome this year, and Ottowa seems to have found a groove…all points to a big night for the Sens.

If you had to stack a game would it be tor/phi, cal/ott or buff/dal?

• jaehachang

Best Defenseman play under 4K on Dk GPP?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).