NHL FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM : Toronto ( 175 ) at Tampa Bay ( -210 ) —- T: 175
    8:05 PM : Philadelphia ( 180 ) at Washington ( -220 ) —- T: 180
    9:35 PM : Nashville ( 0 ) at Calgary ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:35 PM : Colorado ( 180 ) at Los Angeles ( -201 ) —- T: 180

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #7

RG Tiered Ranking

Lots of goals and cash last night! Lol. What is the look for today?

• Whynot138

@B_Heals152 said...

Lots of goals and cash last night! Lol. What is the look for today?

FYP “lots of goal but NO cash last night. Lol. what is the look for today?”

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

So is it assumed quick will be in. I know when played NHL in past, LA never seemed to confirmed early and by lock a lot. Want to use quick and some Vasi.

Stack some tb and la skaters and squeeze OV in a Lu or 2.

Might play a few cash games to guard against a bad gpp night. I’m thinking I won’t always be that successful if gpp only like last night every night begin playing 10-20 bucks a night.

• sizzlebeans

Gonna take some time to like this slate. Any time I use LAK, I lose. The chalk will be on WAS and TB, and probably a lot on LA after seeing how SJ abused Colorado. Not seeing much to get excited about here.

• bstreich9

Philly stack? Low own potential.

• mattneverwins

@bstreich9 said...

Philly stack? Low own potential.

phi1 is just about it i would think

• ShowMeYourHITS

@mattneverwins said...

I don’t see PHI doing anything against WAS. Obviously PHI 1 is your best bet, but on a short slate night before the break, is it worth rostering a highly inconsistent team with terribly goals/for average and terrible special teams against what is clearly the best team in the NHL?

I like the against the grain thinking, but there are other sneaky stacks that should provide much more value and have more upside

• bstreich9

Right. Wasn’t thinking anything other than PHI1. Like you said, I’m sure there are plenty of sneaky stacks, it’s just a matter of hitting on the right one

• TicketRaven

Capitals offense these days is like the Patriots offense mid-season . . . getting value in any of the Top 9 seems to be the way these days (that includes their “D” also – top 6 D all ok)

• TooManyChickens

last night sucked. I had the teams pegged but wasn’t on any of the hot players.

• TicketRaven

Always wondered why this is posted, “Any . . . . . . . . posts containing full lineups will be deleted.”
    If I post a lineup and it wins and 20 people copy it – we all share a lower prize . . . wouldn’t that be ok to do? Never understood who gets hurt if someone posts their lineup? It might even be fun to see and then everyone comment on it – that might even be very humorous, no?

• Whynot138

@TooManyChickens said...

last night sucked. I had the teams pegged but wasn’t on any of the hot players.

this and when I had the right line/player it was teamed with Chicago 2 or boston 1

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #7

RG Tiered Ranking

I think it is a slippery slope to post an entire lineup. Sharing ideas and focusing on key players/teams is fine, but posting a whole lineup can open doors to copying lineups. I am sure if you posted your lineup, and if people on this forum happened to copy it, and if you finished 1st in a GPP, you would be angry with yourself lol.

• Whynot138

@B_Heals152 said...

I think it is a slippery slope to post an entire lineup. Sharing ideas and focusing on key players/teams is fine, but posting a whole lineup can open doors to copying lineups. I am sure if you posted your lineup, and if people on this forum happened to copy it, and if you finished 1st in a GPP, you would be angry with yourself lol.

should be after the games for evaluation vs prior

• TicketRaven

If any of us are true believers in teams skating in quicksand (first game home after a road trip for Western US & Canadian Teams) – Calgary should have issues tonight scoring and skating, no?
    Nashville’s Weber and Josi could really have a jump on the Canadian hard & fast ice early in this tilt along with anyone who feels like playing motivated (for whatever reason) tonight in the Preds Top 6 and PP units. If we’re going to put the “First Game Back Home for Western City Team” fader on this game – I could see a 4-2 or 4-1 Nashville win tonight. Any thoughts?

• fantasybender

@mattneverwins said...

The date is 1/21/16, PHI is expected to score the 2nd least amount of goals on a 10 game slate. Exposure levels of a few solid players in DK Faceoff on PHI1:

Bluish27: 10%
    I_Slewfoot_U: 3%
    BeepImaJeep: 16.7%

This was the night NJ2 dominated, so PHI1 was only the 2nd most effective stack. Of the top 20 finishers, Simmonds in 25% of lineups, Giroux in 30% and Voracek in 35%. Point is that some of the top ranked players have been taking PHI1 consistently and in some unfavorable matchups at times ever since Giroux, Voracek and Simmonds have come together for the full ES, PP1 correlation. Obviously a much different ownership landscape tonight, so it will be interesting to see how the cookie crumbles here on the shorty.

• RW

any thoughts to how the long lay off might affect WSH?

• garybmw

any ideas on goaltender for Colorado tonight? Pickard was absent from morning skate again and Varlamov not on the trip. That Will guy is not added to DK so…..

• BeltWieldindad

@fantasybender said...

The date is 1/21/16, PHI is expected to score the 2nd least amount of goals on a 10 game slate. Exposure levels of a few solid players in DK Faceoff on PHI1:

Bluish27: 10%
    I_Slewfoot_U: 3%
    BeepImaJeep: 16.7%

This was the night NJ2 dominated, so PHI1 was only the 2nd most effective stack. Of the top 20 finishers, Simmonds in 25% of lineups, Giroux in 30% and Voracek in 35%. Point is that some of the top ranked players have been taking PHI1 consistently and in some unfavorable matchups at times ever since Giroux, Voracek and Simmonds have come together for the full ES, PP1 correlation. Obviously a much different ownership landscape tonight, so it will be interesting to see how the cookie crumbles here on the shorty.

PHI1 has been playing at an exceptional level lately, and they also play very fast which leads to fantasy points galore when they are on the ice. They will be the highest owned contrarian stack by a decent margin tonight

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I’m curious what these sneaky plays you guys speak off if it’s not PHI. It’s a 4 game slate with 4 heavy favorites (I obv disagree with Vegas on 1 game). There’s not much sneaky tonight to get excited about. Makes for some difficult GPP articles (shameless plug for my Fanduel incentives articles).

• kdub

Chalky plays just might be the route to victory tonight, but then again.. maybe not lol

• bstreich9

@kdub said...

Chalky plays just might be the route to victory tonight, but then again.. maybe not lol

Rarely is tbh

• DirtysBurgers

I better make some money today, because I’ll be donating money in NBA contests from tomorrow through the weekend.

• kdub

I’m not a fan of small slates like today’s, but I have no self-control when it comes to DFS

• kdub

Why does Nashville keep puttin scrubs with Johansen and Neal?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).