NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  Ottawa ( 165 ) at  Buffalo ( -193 ) —- T: 6o-19
    9:08 PM :  St. Louis ( -106 ) at  Calgary ( -110 ) —- T: 5½u-10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• mr_papageorgio

@deadphish said...

what stat(s) is holding up payouts…Stamkos goal?

Personally I’m hoping they award some additional goals to OTT1 or SJ1.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Species8472 said...

In the other thread, they are saying it is with John Gibson who as a goalie was credited with a blocked shot. Wouldn’t that be considered a save? But I am also hearing tiers haven’t been paid out which wouldn’t be affected by Gibson. I didn’t cash in tiers so I don’t know, but I have heard they haven’t paid either.

Haha. That’s pretty funny. Yes, a goalie should never be able to be credited with a blocked shot!

I would be really annoyed if I was winning a contest and a regular stat change the next day put me in second, as normally next-day stat changes don’t impact the prior day’s contests.

• stellagirl

Here is the official NHL event summary from the game showing Gibson’s BS:

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20192020/ES020773.HTM

• ifthethunder

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

I’m going to DK to get a cheap entry to do just as you suggested lol

I made one, too. The dumbest thing you can do is fade Jack Eichel, so my dumb lineup fades him.
    ~

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I guess they don’t want to make mistakes since the Luongo win that was wrongfully awarded. It made me win about $600 more on that night so I didn’t complain.

• tippycat

Am in the dark as with everyone else. I understand that DK wants to get this right, but this VERY long delay, in fact the longest I have seen. Has there been longer?

• maibockaddict

@stellagirl said...

And it is taking them this long and counting to straighten this out? Its not rocket science….

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@ifthethunder said...

I made one, too. The dumbest thing you can do is fade Jack Eichel, so my dumb lineup fades him.
    ~

Matthews and Eichel are locks every slate they play home.

• deadphish

@stellagirl said...

would it even be possible?
    like a situation where they pull the goalie, and he blocks a shot while leaving the ice far from the net?

• Southie777

Did Jade play last night, what the hell is going on?!

• TheRyanFlaherty

Granted I’d like to see stats be right and I’d hate to be on the wrong end of something goofy, but isn’t this exactly why a site would have a 3rd party deal with stat tracking, so they can put it in the TOS and be absolved of all of this? So they can wait a reasonable length, payout and say “sorry, but it’s not our fault”.

Considering how fast DK usually pays out, attempting to get money back in accounts so it can be spent once more as soon as possible, I still have to defer to my initial assumption – that some person(s) they see as a very important or influential customer must be leading the charge in this. And if that was the case, I don’t really blame DK’s for that, and for wanting to get it “right” but the longer it draws out it does potentially become a no-win spot.

• stellagirl

Looked back 3 years on naturalstattrick and I dont see any goalies with credit for a BS, except the Gibson one last night.

• maibockaddict

There are 8 total blocks in the final box score, and you take away Gibson’s block and you have 8 blocks in the event summary. Shots/saves on each are the same. So what is the freaking hold up? Are you sure this is even the issue?

• Ninersnut

Lets change stammers goal and give Burns a shot. Ha

• Ninersnut

Looks like they changed nothing. Late slate is graded so looks like maybe they looking at the TB goal? No idea.

• ifthethunder

@Felixxberg said...

Matthews and Eichel are locks every slate they play home.

I know! Matthews was the top non-Capitals player I paid up for last night. And it worked. It’s alright, if Eichel does what we all think, I’ll have him in my main lineup like everyone else.
    ~

• Species8472

Looks like Tiers and showdown has been paid

• jimcap87

The Stamkos goal isn’t going to be changed. It was part of the turbo slate which was paid out last night. They’ve emailed me and said “We are in the midst of a solution as we speak. These payouts will be submitted ASAP.”

• Ninersnut

I guess they are just paying everything out now because from what I can tell there hasn’t been anything changed. Onto the next one.

• Species8472

At 7:31 of 2nd period, a shot by Brett Burns was according to espn play by play, blocked by John Gibson, in reality, it got nowhere near Gibson, it was actually blocked/deflected? by Devon Shore

• gairz

I got my loot….

• Southie777

Yeah, just got my money. Took down the names of the top ten places in the Forecheck and their scores and nothing changed. Also, nothing changed with my lineups. Weird. Well, on to blowing it on this terrible two-gamer!

• tristanwolf

@maibockaddict said...

I was just away for over 2 hours and DK still has not paid, WTF?

On another note, this looks like the perfect slate to do the opposite of every instinct that you have.

uggh you can play 88 lu’s in the $10 on a 2 game slate really?

(resists tanner/jade joke)…

• SA16

@Felixxberg said...

I guess they don’t want to make mistakes since the Luongo win that was wrongfully awarded. It made me win about $600 more on that night so I didn’t complain.

There will never be a worse mistake than that one. That is one where it’s unacceptable even though the official sheet was wrong. Everyone knew it was wrong. Everyone told them it was wrong. They even explained the win rule to people and explained it wrong indicating they don’t even understand the rule. Then they paid anyway and refused to make people whole for their error. This one nobody even knows what the issue was. I’m not so sure it was Gibson’s block. That’s also on the official stat sheet but it has happened before (incorrectly, obviously) and never been an issue – particularly for a real low owned player.

• klubba575

Welcome back Jeff Skinner, onto PP1 and L2 with linemate Johansson. Gonna go with those 2 and of course Eichel. 2 Game slates are atrocious.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).