NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  Ottawa ( 115 ) at  Detroit ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    8:05 PM :  Chicago ( 130 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -150 ) —- T: 130

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

I know its just a two game slate but lets get some discussion going!

Looks like the wings should be able to pile up some goals with Craig back in net. Don’t much care for anything on the Sens side though, looks like Howard will be the chalk G.

What to make of the last game though, that will be the deciding factor I think. Don’t feel real comfortable with attacking the king but also don’t really like much on the Rangers side..

• jss1218

I’m liking DET1. Zetterberg has been hot lately (11 pts in 9 games). Also kinda liking OTT2 though as I think they will get the better of DET2.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I returned to work today so I won’t have that much time to mass enter but it’s nice that all goalies and lines are already confirmed (basing myself on morning skates).

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Part of me wants nothing to do with this slate but part of me wants all of it. Oh the dilemma.

As a Wings fan I want to pretty much play every line in some way, shape, or form. My worry is it doesn’t have the goals and the later game is what you need. So maybe I’ll roll 4 lineups, one with each goalie. I think the later game is the one you want pieces of. Also I’m sick of Blashill and his bullshit lines!

• Felixxberg

@hautalak said...

Also I’m sick of Blashill and his bullshit lines!

Mantha and Frk on 4th makes no sense!

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Felixxberg said...

Mantha and Frk on 4th makes no sense!

I’m skeptical because last time it was AA on the 4th (or at least that’s what I saw/thought) and he got a season high in icetime.

Doing 2 lineups stacking each game with the other game’s goalie I think will win. Then 2 with just the plays I like. We’ll see if that works for a change.

• mathewsmarner

anyone riding the j.osterle train?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Wish the NHL would never have fewer than 3 games any night. Just a random crapshoot tonight. Entering 6-7 lineups, mostly Rangers with some pieces from the earlier game. Pretty spread out.

• Danforth11

I will be as long as he is on the top D pairing. He’s been solid his last two games.

• Felixxberg

@mathewsmarner said...

anyone riding the j.osterle train?

He has played 25 minutes per game in his last 2 games, and at least 19 in all 9 games since he has been recalled. He’s also on the 2nd PP. At $3.5K, you can’t really go wrong with him.

• JimmyTango

Never played a 2 game slate. Where do you find the edge?

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Wish the NHL would never have fewer than 3 games any night. Just a random crapshoot tonight. Entering 6-7 lineups, mostly Rangers with some pieces from the earlier game. Pretty spread out.

Quiet day at work so I might semi-mass enter and just hope for a miracle from NYR3! I don’t really like other 3rd lines. Maybe DET3 but even then not so much. Craig Anderson has to wake up someday.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@Felixxberg said...

Quiet day at work so I might semi-mass enter and just hope for a miracle from NYR3! I don’t really like other 3rd lines. Maybe DET3 but even then not so much. Craig Anderson has to wake up someday.

I just think the variance is too great to risk all that much. A single goal from a random third liner or second pair D could easily be the difference between a top 10 and top 30 finish.

But that, of course, depends on your risk tolerance. So, good luck to you if you enter a bunch!

• stellagirl

Not me. Pass tonight. I’m a degen but not a 2 game slate kind of degen!!

• Felixxberg

@JimmyTango said...

Never played a 2 game slate. Where do you find the edge?

There are two ways of playing on 2 game slates. 1: You go safe (ie. NYR1 or NYR2, DET1 or DET2, maybe some OTT1 or CHI1) and you hope to minimum cash, or to split a good prize with 20 people who have the same lineup as yours. 2: You go funky and cross your fingers. Most of the time, you’re going to lose, but at least it gives you a shot at big prizes.

The only “edge” you can get is by rostering 3rd liners (or 4th but I wouldn’t tonight, except maybe for Mantha) or underdogs. Every 1st/2nd liner will be at least 15% owned, probably even for the underdogs. Also, don’t be scared to leave money on the mass, especially on a slate like tonight where there’s no expensive lines (such as BOS1, TBL1, WPG1, DAL1, etc.). You can also differentiate by picking cheaper Ds than what you could afford.

On a 2 game slate, it’s almost impossible to make money by entering 10 lineups or less in a 100-ish entry max contest. There are people like me who will mix all L1s and L2s together, with a sparkle of L3s. I will also duplicate all of my lineups to have both goalies. Some people will duplicate lineups but switch a D instead of the goalie. Some people will have a one-off. Some will add lineups with PP lines. Most of the combinations you can think about will be taken by someone who mass enters, so I would suggest entering smaller contests if you don’t plan on entering 50 lineups or more.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

I just think the variance is too great to risk all that much. A single goal from a random third liner or second pair D could easily be the difference between a top 10 and top 30 finish.

But that, of course, depends on your risk tolerance. So, good luck to you if you enter a bunch!

It’s probably not a very good decision, indeed, but at the same time there’s absolutely 0% chance that I lose it all. I hope I can double my investment. I’m not entering 110 lineups though. Probably half of it.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@Felixxberg said...

1: You go safe (ie. NYR1 or NYR2, DET1 or DET2, maybe some OTT1 or CHI1) and you hope to minimum cash, or to split a good prize with 20 people who have the same lineup as yours.

Also, one way to stay relatively safe, but not fear having dupes is to roster the chalk (e.g. NYR1 with DET1), but play a D-man against your goalie. Folks rarely do that, and it can work well on occasion where that D-man takes lots of harmless shots (thus correlating nicely with your goalie) or blocks, or even gets a piece of the goal or two scored against your goalie.

• TurkishDelight

Making 10 LUs and completely fading Detroit

• mathewsmarner

@TurkishDelight said...

Making 10 LUs and completely fading Detroit

i can see nyquist going off

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Well, I’ve tinkered for most of the day and it looks like I am going with my gut (best way to go on a two gamer lol) despite how uneasy it is right now. Going with a Det (line 1 and 2) and Blackhawks (line 2 and both D men from line 1) stack and moving onto tomorrows slate, which looks much better!!

• mathewsmarner

@Zieg30 said...

Also, one way to stay relatively safe, but not fear having dupes is to roster the chalk (e.g. NYR1 with DET1), but play a D-man against your goalie. Folks rarely do that, and it can work well on occasion where that D-man takes lots of harmless shots (thus correlating nicely with your goalie) or blocks, or even gets a piece of the goal or two scored against your goalie.

and this guy’s name is patrick kane

• keephustlincuz

@mathewsmarner said...

and this guy’s name is patrick kane

Kane playing D tonight? Interesting move by the hawks.

• mathewsmarner

@keephustlincuz said...

Kane playing D tonight? Interesting move by the hawks.

why limit yourself to a defence man, chances are the goal will come from a forward and not a defence man and hope your goalie is on his game

anyways i’m chi heavy and re tracking on nyquist for zetterberg and bertuzzi

• keephustlincuz

@mathewsmarner said...

why limit yourself to a defence man, chances are the goal will come from a forward and not a defence man and hope your goalie is on his game

I get ya. Just busting your balls. But he asked for D man. Why not Oesterle? Even if the Kings shuts them down he can get there with shots and blocks. Even if you get a donut he is only 3800. Probably won’t kill you.

• mathewsmarner

@keephustlincuz said...

I get ya. Just busting your balls. But he asked for D man. Why not Oesterle? Even if the Kings shuts them down he can get there with shots and blocks. Even if you get a donut he is only 3800. Probably won’t kill you.

well my lineup is optimal where i have chi pp1 (kane/toews/schmaltz/keith) as well as oesterle, so again chi heavy. Add to that bertuzzi and zeterberg and you have a sense of what my lineup looks like.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).