• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Winnipeg ( 145 ) at  Florida ( -165 ) —- T: 145
    8:05 PM :  Montreal ( 0 ) at  Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 100 ) at  Philadelphia ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    10:05 PM :  Colorado ( 180 ) at  Calgary ( -220 ) —- T: 180
    10:05 PM :  Arizona ( 140 ) at  Vancouver ( -160 ) —- T: 140
    10:35 PM :  Detroit ( 0 ) at  Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• babaloos

@yuda said...

Looks like i have PHI2 all to myself in the League tonight.

Was on Simmonds but switched to Patches when lund was announced… my heart stopped on his SH breakaway

• yuda

@babaloos said...

Was on Simmonds but switched to Patches when lund was announced… my heart stopped on his SH breakaway

Flyers are getting good chances but looks like King Henrik is on his game tonight.

• JENSGT

Is there something wrong with NHL.com tonight or is it just me? Now showing current updates or who is on the ice.

• goldengoat29

I’m not in any forum league contest tonight so could you guys offer me some advice. Torn between these two not-yet-locked pairs for my H2H & 50/50s:

Ryan Kesler ($6800)
    Sven Baertschi ($4800)

OR

Johnny Gaudreau ($7300)
    Troy Stetcher ($4300)

I want a piece of the Canucks top PP unit against arguably the most vulnerable team shorthanded.

• kirby34

@goldengoat29 said...

I’m not in any forum league contest tonight so could you guys offer me some advice. Torn between these two not-yet-locked pairs for my H2H & 50/50s:

Ryan Kesler ($6800)
    Sven Baertschi ($4800)

OR

Johnny Gaudreau ($7300)
    Troy Stetcher ($4300)

I want a piece of the Canucks top PP unit against arguably the most vulnerable team shorthanded.

The first one. Backlund line has been doing most of the scoring recently for the flames and Kesler’s line is on fire right now.

• Markley

@JENSGT said...

Is there something wrong with NHL.com tonight or is it just me? Now showing current updates or who is on the ice.

yeah it’s broken

• scsa1998

Holy Lundqvist on Schenn

• kirby34

Backlund or Horvat on FD?

• Markley

mantha or frolik

• goldengoat29

@kirby34 said...

The first one. Backlund line has been doing most of the scoring recently for the flames and Kesler’s line is on fire right now.

Thanks. I’m also debating Giordano or Backlund. I am using Dougie. So those two top defensemen or Dougie and Backlund will be my Flames exposure. Which doesn’t feel like enough. I have Elliot in net.

• goldengoat29

@Markley said...

mantha or frolik

Hard to say. Goes without saying, Frolik is in the better spot but I’ve come to believe current form takes precedence over matchup and Mantha is on fire. Not to suggest Frolik hasn’t looked good lately.

• yuda

@goldengoat29 said...

Ryan Kesler ($6800)
    Sven Baertschi ($4800)

OR

Johnny Gaudreau ($7300)
    Troy Stetcher ($4300)

If you need to catch up, the upside is probably a little higher with the first pair. However, a goose egg is definitely in Baertschi’s range.

If you’re looking good with your early skaters, the second pair has a higher floor while only sacrificing a small amount of the upside. Johnny Hockey is in a golden spot tonight.

• goldengoat29

@yuda said...

If you need to catch up, the upside is probably a little higher with the first pair. However, a goose egg is definitely in Baertschi’s range.

If you’re looking good with your early skaters, the second pair has a higher floor while only sacrificing a small amount of the upside. Johnny Hockey is in a golden spot tonight.

Yeah I am currently winning both my H2Hs and in a 50/50. For this reason, I was thinking of playing it conservatively with the 2nd pair. I could also use Edler (or Eriksson) over Stetcher but like I said I want some PP1 exposure. I fear I go with stack 1 — which is enticing but my opposition is all over Johnny Hockey and he bridges the gap. Speaking of goose eggs, Johnny Hockey laid one in a very good spot last time out but I’m willing to forget it. I love Kesler’s spot too. Mrazek has been awful and the Red Wings are not a good road team. Getzlaf is out so Kesler is the only top center in town. I don’t foresee anything short of the defenseman minutes he has been logging.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Trocheck or Backlund was the decision I was really wrestling with in FD…Looking like I made the wrong call..oh well…

• goldengoat29

The 50/50, I am on the money line:

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/35991445?uc=635498657

The H2Hs I have a pretty good lead.

• goldengoat29

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

Trocheck or Backlund was the decision I was really wrestling with in FD…Looking like I made the wrong call..oh well…

if it’s any consolation, coming into tonight, I saw Trocheck as more of a must-have.

• Heterodox

When were FLA’s lines updated? I made lineups based on what I saw last night, which I then had to fix this morning when they were different, and I can’t recall if I checked again when I finalized lineups before lock, or if I just took for granted that I knew them.

Two things that I’m pretty sure have never worked out for me in NHL DFS: 1) Using Luongo 2) Using PHI1

• tristanwolf

Come on Flames, how bout a 5 spot tonight?

• weaponX

P Byron get injured tonight? I see he only has 6 mins TOI.

• babaloos

@Heterodox said...

When were FLA’s lines updated? I made lineups based on what I saw last night, which I then had to fix this morning when they were different, and I can’t recall if I checked again when I finalized lineups before lock, or if I just took for granted that I knew them.

Two things that I’m pretty sure have never worked out for me in NHL DFS: 1) Using Luongo 2) Using PHI1

They’ve been shuffling them a lot with Barkov out of action the only given seems to be Jagr with Trocheck

• garbage9922

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I’m set up pretty well tonight, let’s see how things go wrong this time.

• Zieg30

@garbage9922 said...

I’m set up pretty well tonight, let’s see how things go wrong this time.

whatchya rooting for?

• garbage9922

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Primarily Horvat/Baertschi, secondarily Kesler/Silfverberg. And also ideally no shutouts from any goalie.

If the status quo holds, I’ll do well.

• goldengoat29

The very guy I am rooting against: Sven Baertschi — so I may be spared the regret.

• goldengoat29

@garbage9922 said...

Primarily Horvat/Baertschi, secondarily Kesler/Silfverberg. And also ideally no shutouts from any goalie.

If the status quo holds, I’ll do well.

Well there’s three pending shutouts at the moment.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.