• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Florida ( 105 ) at  Detroit ( -125 ) —- T: 105
    7:35 PM :  San Jose ( -125 ) at  Ottawa ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    8:05 PM :  Buffalo ( 0 ) at  Winnipeg ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:35 PM :  Vegas ( 105 ) at  Chicago ( -125 ) —- T: 105

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Congrats to a great night to some of our fellow forum contributors!!

Looks like an interesting slate.. Pit to destroy the Islanders some more? Will the Jets continue what the Wild started last night against Buf? I want to play some Chicago but the Knights have been playing pretty solid hockey lately.. Time to jump in!

• mathewsmarner

@tratow said...

Congrats to a great night to some of our fellow forum contributors!!

Looks like an interesting slate.. Pit to destroy the Islanders some more? Will the Jets continue what the Wild started last night against Buf? I want to play some Chicago but the Knights have been playing pretty solid hockey lately.. Time to jump in!

leafs line 3 and stamkos kucherov with darling(who did not start) gave me a total of 19.5 points. Not good.

• tratow

@mathewsmarner said...

leafs line 3 and stamkos kucherov with darling(who did not start) gave me a total of 19.5 points. Not good.

Ouch, well here’s to a better night then!!

• Bam79

This is a nice looking slate for only a 5-gamer.

• sizzlebeans

@tratow said...

At first glance, NYI and WPG stand out as the chalk tonight. The FLA/DET game could have a few low owned goals. The beards could come out steaming. VGK/CHI could have enough goals for one of the lines to hit. Haven’t started any research yet, just initial thoughts.

• B_Edelman

Anyone know what’s going on with Daily Faceoff? Their lines have been messed up the last few slates.

• mathewsmarner

islanders goalie is a must play tonight, me thinks the pens get shut out on back to backs

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Bam79 said...

This is a nice looking slate for only a 5-gamer.

Agreed. For there only being 5 games there’s still a lot of fun ways to go.

• PhoFever

Finally had a decent win on FantasyDraft last night; hoping my luck continues tonight. What in God’s name is wrong w PIT and will they finally break out? How can you have that many shooters and suck so badly? Gonna have to play both sides of that game for sure

• jimithing4u

B_Edelman: Ive noticed it too, most likely some of the teams’ lines weren’t updated for a couple days. If you look under the name of the team on each individual line combo page, it will tel you when it was last updated. Sometimes the lines aren’t updated for a day or two. It screwed me over a couple times until i saw some lines i picked weren’t updated. Just something you have to look out for when looking at daily face off.

• tim51278

Doing 4 lineups tonight and hoping one of the teams goes off like MIN did last night.

PIT PP1, SJ PP1, NYI PP1, and WPG L1/L2

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Hellebuyck is almost too obvious. He is 14-1-1 at home and plays against a Buffalo team that is on the tail end of a road back to back.

• lnfiniti

It’s tough to pick who I want to build my cash game lineups around, between WPG1, NYI1 and PIT2, any thoughts? They all seem pretty even to me

• Felixxberg

@lnfiniti said...

It’s tough to pick who I want to build my cash game lineups around, between WPG1, NYI1 and PIT2, any thoughts? They all seem pretty even to me

WPG1 and NYI1 are very good home lines and should stay together for tonight. Pittsburgh lost 4-0 yesterday so I would be careful about their lines. That being said, Kessel – Malkin – Hornqvist are all volume shooters, so you should be good with them too. WPG1 is probably the safest bet.

• tratow

As with everyone, WPG 1 looks too good, have to play Helly in net if you can afford him..

Here is where I will most likely come in the minority.. I love the last game of the night! Don’t get me wrong, Pit should pot a few, not as high on the Islanders but could see it.. but I can’t seem to get off the CHI 2 line as they have been firing plenty of shots lately and on the other side, this new expansion team is pretty nice! Chi allows quite a few shots on goal and even though Glass held himself in the last game, I don’t see that happening tonight putting parts of the Knights top two lines in play for me.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

Hellebuyck is almost too obvious. He is 14-1-1 at home and plays against a Buffalo team that is on the tail end of a road back to back.

Yeah. I’d guess he’ll be 35%+ owned tonight! I’m not getting away from him often myself.

• keephustlincuz

@Zieg30 said...

Yeah. I’d guess he’ll be 35%+ owned tonight! I’m not getting away from him often myself.

Hellebuyck in cash and jimmy five hole in gpps?

• Felixxberg

@tratow said...

Here is where I will most likely come in the minority.. I love the last game of the night! Don’t get me wrong, Pit should pot a few, not as high on the Islanders but could see it.. but I can’t seem to get off the CHI 2 line as they have been firing plenty of shots lately and on the other side, this new expansion team is pretty nice! Chi allows quite a few shots on goal and even though Glass held himself in the last game, I don’t see that happening tonight putting parts of the Knights top two lines in play for me.

I’m covering a lot tonight but this is the game I’m stacking the most. They both have 2 lines that can score in bunches.

• kirby34

Laine/Pavelski or Kessel/Marchessault in gpps? Already have Meier and Wheeler locked in.

• tratow

@kirby34 said...

Laine/Pavelski or Kessel/Marchessault in gpps? Already have Meier and Wheeler locked in.

I think I like the second combo better..

Edit: Let me give you my explanation, I hate answers like I just gave with no support, my bad!! Laine is a great correlation with Wheeler and I have him in most my line ups, I’m not sold on any sharks tonight though besides Meier (cheap still). I do however Like Kessel to be active with his shot and hopefully come away with one at least and I mentioned earlier how I really like the Knights and Marchessault is a name I really like for them, been hot and I don’t see that ending tonight.

• Mrmet8692

Florida had an extra day off, I think they come out flying against a mediocre at best red wings team. Malgin gets 2 goals tonight –

• sizzlebeans

I think I’m probably attacking this slate a lot harder than I should (want to?). We’ll see how it goes…

• NextSignal

@Mrmet8692 said...

Florida had an extra day off, I think they come out flying against a mediocre at best red wings team. Malgin gets 2 goals tonight –

Like the first sentence, but you lost me with the second. I do really like FL 1 tonight, though.

• Felixxberg

@kirby34 said...

If I didn’t know you had Meier and Wheeler, I would say Kessel/Marchessault, but I always prefer duos rather than one offs.

As individual players: Laine is a good home player, with 16 pts in 18 games and 59 SOG. However, Pavelski on the road is not even comparable to Pavelski at home. He has 9 pts in 18 games and only 34 SOG (compared to 15 pts and 64 SOG in 20 games at home).

Kessel is a good road player, with 20 pts in 22 games and 74 SOG. He’s better at home, but his road numbers are still very similar to Laine’s home numbers. Marchessault on the road is great, with 19 pts in 19 games and a whopping 75 SOG. Also, both Kessel and Marchessault have low S% on the road, which means they should score soon to get back to normal.

In other words, I think you should try both, or take 5 of them with a correlated C.

• Felixxberg

@NextSignal said...

Like the first sentence, but you lost me with the second. I do really like FL 1 tonight, though.

Dadonov is back on L1!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).