• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  Nashville ( 0 ) at  Florida ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Toronto ( -125 ) at  New Jersey ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    8:35 PM :  Carolina ( 0 ) at  Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( -140 ) at  Colorado ( 120 ) —- T: -140
    10:05 PM :  Calgary ( -110 ) at  Vancouver ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    10:05 PM :  Arizona ( 0 ) at  Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Dirt_Lavert

Anyone know why Aho barely played last night? Could like him in this spot but 13 minutes for TOI last night and one shot is not sustainable. Prob will have most folks off of him too…

• bcoggins429

Quick question. I’m still learning the ins and outs. What type of value do you try to project for G and position players. For instance, in NBA I know I need certain players to hit 5x their salary. How would this correlate to NHL. I know it will vary by site, just looking for a general idea. Thanks!

• Dirt_Lavert

@bcoggins429 said...

Quick question. I’m still learning the ins and outs. What type of value do you try to project for G and position players. For instance, in NBA I know I need certain players to hit 5x their salary. How would this correlate to NHL. I know it will vary by site, just looking for a general idea. Thanks!

I’m not the best either but you only need 1 x. check out starting lus on rotogrinders and look at game logs which will show you the point per $. if you are getting 1 or more per thousand you are golden. 32 DKP will usually be about good to place and if you hit 50 you’ll win some good $. Best lus usually hit upwards of 60 but my best is 38 (which was in a free roll 2 nights ago sadly lol).

Hope that helps

• Scumpunch

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Anyone know why Aho barely played last night? Could like him in this spot but 13 minutes for TOI last night and one shot is not sustainable. Prob will have most folks off of him too…

It seems the Skinner line saw the bulk of the PP time last night. 4:08 on the PP for Skinner/Rask vs 0:59 for Aho and crew. ES time is right in line with what you would expect.

• kdub

Havent been able to play much recently, hopefully I can make up for it tonight

• savedatmoneyquan

My teams have been rubbish the past two nights, hopefully can get the Core right 2night

• bcoggins429

@Dirt_Lavert said...

I’m not the best either but you only need 1 x. check out starting lus on rotogrinders and look at game logs which will show you the point per $. if you are getting 1 or more per thousand you are golden. 32 DKP will usually be about good to place and if you hit 50 you’ll win some good $. Best lus usually hit upwards of 60 but my best is 38 (which was in a free roll 2 nights ago sadly lol).

Hope that helps

Thank you. I don’t play as much on DK so that was the site I was most curious about. It looks like, to me, on FD you need around 3x from G and 2x+ from position players. I started playing last year a little and just recently started again a couple of weeks ago. I really do learn a good bit from this forum. I don’t even look at the other sports forums anymore because of all the misinformation put out there.

• yuda

Hossa missing on DK today?

• maxeernst

@yuda said...

Hossa missing on DK today?

Appears so. smh

• shamrock77s

@maxeernst said...

Appears so. smh

He’s got to play for a week to establish his value. He’s a total wildcard with no track record in the league so your have to wait until the algorithms tell the humans what he is worth.

• kdub

@shamrock77s said...

He’s got to play for a week to establish his value. He’s a total wildcard with no track record in the league so your have to wait until the algorithms tell the humans what he is worth.

what?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@kdub said...

what?

I’m guessing it was either a joke or shamrock was thinking of a different player.

• maxeernst

@shamrock77s said...

Yeah, I’m lost.

• shamrock77s

@Zieg30 said...

I’m guessing it was either a joke or shamrock was thinking of a different player.

I know Hossa, actually have a Thrashers jersey of him that my sister picked up for me when she was living in Valdosta.
    I just don’t understand what the hell prompts DK pricing. You can watch Adrian Peterson, all NFL season, ruled out for weeks on end, priced as if he were playing. In MLB, prospects that don’t get a call-up all season are priced on every single slate until they play (Gallo). Then, you get to NHL, and in his second game back from injury, on the top line of one of the best teams in the league, they forget to even throw a price on the guy. I just don’t get it…..

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

Clear sarcasm guys, by Shamrock, I think. Basically giving DK the business for the omission by blaming it on the fact they need their computer algorithm to them what to price him at. Crapping on the humans for not being able to do it themselves. At least, I think that’s what it is.

btw, great game last night. USA USA!!!

• shamrock77s

@yountingly said...

Clear sarcasm guys, by Shamrock, I think. Basically giving DK the business for the omission by blaming it on the fact they need their computer algorithm to them what to price him at. Crapping on the humans for not being able to do it themselves. At least, I think that’s what it is.

“Your sarcasm is murky at best.” -My wife.
    At least they could do something like FD does…they have had $1 MLB players and even roster options that were free. Throw Hossa in there with a weird price point below the minimum, like $1K or $2K, and see if you can generate some interest to get people talking about NHL and your contests. Leaving him off the slate is just laziness and a missed marketing opportunity.

• jakehari

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #42

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2021 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@shamrock77s said...

“Your sarcasm is murky at best.” -My wife.
    At least they could do something like FD does…they have had $1 MLB players and even roster options that were free. Throw Hossa in there with a weird price point below the minimum, like $1K or $2K, and see if you can generate some interest to get people talking about NHL and your contests. Leaving him off the slate is just laziness and a missed marketing opportunity.

Ahhh like the Kike Hernandez $200 night last summer. DFS twitter was in rare form that day. Good times, gooooood times…

• shamrock77s

@jakehari said...

Ahhh like the Kike Hernandez $200 night last summer. DFS twitter was in rare form that day. Good times, gooooood times…

That’s the one-for some reason I thought he was $1. Not that $200 is that far off in the grand scheme of things.
    I read that FD had Alves for free the other day (and he put up points to match) but if they can have an equipment manager turned backup goalie on the roster, DK should be able to price Hossa.

• Dirt_Lavert

@Scumpunch said...

It seems the Skinner line saw the bulk of the PP time last night. 4:08 on the PP for Skinner/Rask vs 0:59 for Aho and crew. ES time is right in line with what you would expect.

Thanks for the reply!

I don’t play NHL a ton but want to throw one lu in tonight on DK. Trying to figure out some players with high floors and decent ceilings, essentially a cash game lu that will be good enough to place in a small GPP.

My best success in NHL was 2 nights ago in the free roll (unfortunately) with 37.7, and I figure if I go into tonight and do what I did then I should do okay. Would appreciate any feedback or help though.

For that game stack I’m not sure if anyone other than Skinner/Rask is in play for me. I do like the Hawks first line like everyone else, and that dude Kempny on D who seems like he’s been down low been doing solid since returning. I like playing those low $ defenders or at least one to load up on the better/ higher $ skaters like Matthews.

• TheRyanFlaherty

@bcoggins429 said...

I’m sure you can force it into that logic, but I really don’t see much correlation.
    The big reason being that every skater really has a floor of 0. You also could theoretically place high still with a poor score from a player, because having the guy with 2 goals and an assist (especially if low owned) would absolutely crush a theoretical “value” helping make up for the miss. Those are things that don’t really happen in the NBA.

I’m fairly new to Hockey as well (or at least in trying to play it consistently) so I’m sure others may be able to give better guidelines. But on FD I do find my expectation as trying to find skaters that reasonably should get double digits…You can look for guys who consistently do get counting stats (shots/blk shots) if you are trying to maximize a floor.

• shamrock77s

@Dirt_Lavert said...

For that game stack I’m not sure if anyone other than Skinner/Rask is in play for me.

I don’t think that I would play those two; in fact, I think that they put Toews and Co. out there to shut that line down. Tonight I would go back to Aho’s line as it would be the most likely to produce points if Carolina is going to put anything up tonight.

• Dirt_Lavert

@shamrock77s said...

I don’t think that I would play those two; in fact, I think that they put Toews and Co. out there to shut that line down. Tonight I would go back to Aho’s line as it would be the most likely to produce points if Carolina is going to put anything up tonight.

Word thanks for the insight! Yea skinner and rask seem to be their only legitimate offense so not surprised if they get the special D treatment. I figure Hawks goalie will be a popular choice tonight because of the higher salary. Rotowire projections like him for about 5

• dyavid

@shamrock77s said...

I would disagree with that. I have no problem playing the aho/teuvo line but where you want to target Chicago is with the opposing teams top PP. Chi is 2nd last in the league for penalty killing and as scum punch pointed out, the rask PP unit saw 4x as much time as the Aho PP unit last night. I’m playing both in different lineups but ill definitely have more skinner, rask and my favorite play from Carolina tonight … Faulk

• shamrock77s

@dyavid said...

I would disagree with that. I have no problem playing the aho/teuvo line but where you want to target Chicago is with the opposing teams top PP. Chi is 2nd last in the league for penalty killing and as scum punch pointed out, the rask PP unit saw 4x as much time as the Aho PP unit last night. I’m playing both in different lineups but ill definitely have more skinner, rask and my favorite play from Carolina tonight … Faulk

Yeah, you can get after the Blackhawks on the PP, but I think Chicago is trying to shore that up by having Toews out there more frequently. He was on the ice 2/3 of the time for kills last night and they have moved who I think was the weak link-Seabrook-off the PK line. Carolina can put one or more home on the PP for sure, but for even strength scoring their best bet is 2nd line of Teuvo/Aho IMO.

• Scumpunch

@dyavid said...

I wouldn’t put so much stock in raw PK%. First, the data suggests that CHI has gotten unlucky on the PK, especially early in the year. Second, CAR has the 2nd fewest penalties drawn in the league, while CHI has the 2nd fewest penalties taken. I expect 5v5 to be much more of a factor in this game.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).