• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  Nashville ( 0 ) at  Florida ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Toronto ( -125 ) at  New Jersey ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    8:35 PM :  Carolina ( 0 ) at  Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( -140 ) at  Colorado ( 120 ) —- T: -140
    10:05 PM :  Calgary ( -110 ) at  Vancouver ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    10:05 PM :  Arizona ( 0 ) at  Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• umwoz

Ducks are in a good spot but Arizona in this type of position has messed me up before.

Side note. Fowler might be back to sucking again(offensively at least).

• epot

Any love for the B-line(van) tonight? I noticed Bo and Berchie put a few nickels in some pockets around here the other night. Just not sure what Calgary team is gonna show up tonight?

• deejones49

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Thanks for the reply!

I don’t play NHL a ton but want to throw one lu in tonight on DK. Trying to figure out some players with high floors and decent ceilings, essentially a cash game lu that will be good enough to place in a small GPP.

My best success in NHL was 2 nights ago in the free roll (unfortunately) with 37.7, and I figure if I go into tonight and do what I did then I should do okay. Would appreciate any feedback or help though.

For that game stack I’m not sure if anyone other than Skinner/Rask is in play for me. I do like the Hawks first line like everyone else, and that dude Kempny on D who seems like he’s been down low been doing solid since returning. I like playing those low $ defenders or at least one to load up on the better/ higher $ skaters like Matthews.

ANA,CHI,COL top stacks tonight

• dyavid

@Scumpunch said...

I wouldn’t put so much stock in raw PK%. First, the data suggests that CHI has gotten unlucky on the PK, especially early in the year. Second, CAR has the 2nd fewest penalties drawn in the league, while CHI has the 2nd fewest penalties taken. I expect 5v5 to be much more of a factor in this game.

To each there own. For me, I mostly play gpps and i like to construct my lineups by targeting PPs against weaker PK units. Although Chi has improved their PK in Q2 of the season, it is still under 80% in the last two weeks including giving up 2 PP goals on 3 opportunities last night. The aho line will probably have best matchup for 5 on 5 but chicago is stout defensively at EV with the 5th least goals against this season. IMO skinner/faulk are better plays because of the PP upside.

• kdub

@deejones49 said...

ANA,CHI,COL top stacks tonight

Why COL? I understand NYI gives up the 3rd most goals against, but COL is awful…

• shamrock77s

@epot said...

Any love for the B-line(van) tonight? I noticed Bo and Berchie put a few nickels in some pockets around here the other night. Just not sure what Calgary team is gonna show up tonight?

I think this is gonna be more of the same…Vancouver has been hell-bent with keeping Johnny Hockey off the scoresheet so far this year, and Backlund/Tkachuk/Frolik have put up some solid games. I’m gonna keep rolling with that line but I think Calgary dings up Ryan Miller tonight.

• deejones49

@kdub said...

Why COL? I understand NYI gives up the 3rd most goals against, but COL is awful…

I just like the spot they are in feel like they might score 5 or 6 tonight overdue

• dyavid

@deejones49 said...

I just like the spot they are in feel like they might score 5 or 6 tonight overdue

NYI coming off the first bye week in NHL history, tough to predict how they’ll play after all that rest. They were playing well the few games prior but i could see them come out flat.

• Whyzduck32

Not sure but I’m definitely stacking Aho, Teravainen and stempniak. They’re going to be fresher than the rest of the guys plus CAR 13- 6-6-1 all time vs CHI will probably win. Leighton- 1-0 2.00 Darling 0-1 3.06 and leighton was drafted by Chicago.

• Whyzduck32

Rakell all day!! In last 3 games vs AZ he has 7 points 3g 4a. Ironically Getzlaf had 0 points.

• Whyzduck32

Not sure what the big deal is… Hossa only has 57 points in 55 games…

• StanHalen

@Whyzduck32 said...

Not sure but I’m definitely stacking Aho, Teravainen and stempniak. They’re going to be fresher than the rest of the guys plus CAR 13- 6-6-1 all time vs CHI will probably win. Leighton- 1-0 2.00 Darling 0-1 3.06 and leighton was drafted by Chicago.

If Leighton is in net, you could consider playing Kane. He snuck the biggest goal in NHL history by him in 2010 and ended a 49 year drought.

• NextSignal

All of the Islanders. Might even toss Jason Chimera Malkovich into a lineup or two.

• TicketRaven

Horvak / Picard / Forsberg / Ekblad

• TicketRaven

If Kane and Breadman get involved early in this game – watch out
    I see one of these guys going 30 pts+ on FD tonight – lol – just never pick the one that gets the hat trick

• TicketRaven

Calgary favored -125 in this game at Vanc
    I don’t know why – Flames could get 5 goals in this one

• TicketRaven

Goalies:

Freddy Leaf / Elliott / Juuse

Love it!

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

Any word on the starter for the Preds?

• TicketRaven

I think Fowler and Leddy will get some “D” assists tonight

• scsa1998

@Scumpunch said...

Any word on the starter for the Preds?

Its the 1st game so we will know before lock but may cause a mad scramble since the backup is cheapest Goalie on the slate.

• TicketRaven

FLA -120
    Looks like the Preds will win this one

• epot

bozak line or mathews line? bozak line had a ton of chances against wash the other night. But on the other hand the kid line is clicking. Or NJ will shut them both down??

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@scsa1998 said...

Its the 1st game so we will know before lock but may cause a mad scramble since the backup is cheapest Goalie on the slate.

Saros is essential to my lineups. Love the spot for him.

• scsa1998

@Scumpunch said...

Saros is essential to my lineups. Love the spot for him.

He is in mine as well so I hope I don’t need to scramble on FD. The Dk lineup I will start working on soon

• TicketRaven

Look at last 3-5 games – he is doing well

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).