Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  Edmonton ( 176 ) at  Toronto ( -210 ) —- T: 6½u-15
    7:08 PM :  Colorado ( -125 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( 105 ) —- T: 6u-20
    7:08 PM :  Winnipeg ( 125 ) at  Montreal ( -145 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    10:38 PM :  Columbus ( -107 ) at  Los Angeles ( -113 ) —- T: 5½u-25

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 Results

flipp39 – 120.8
    sharksfansd – 113.8
    Iceman10000 – 107.7
    OttawacityMadman – 96.3
    baahstonbotfly – 89.6

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 (1/6 – 7:00 PM)

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/84323591

• ifthethunder

@PocketsSloppy said...

DK $1 – 20 Player – Top 5 Results

flipp39 – 120.8
    sharksfansd – 113.8
    Iceman10000 – 107.7
    OttawacityMadman – 96.3
    baahstonbotfly – 89.6

Congrats to flipp39!
    ~

• mr_papageorgio

I’m officially swearing off tinkering for life! My LU yesterday was CHI PP1 minus Toews with Gio, Getzlaf, and Henrique. Switched that to add Toews and some NSH and remove Gio and obviously that was a terrible decision.

• mr_papageorgio

Also does anyone else think Vegas is wrong on MTL-WPG? MTL is banged up and when I started looking last night I said Helly was my goalie and now the line is making me reconsider.

• hautalak

@mr_papageorgio said...

Also does anyone else think Vegas is wrong on MTL-WPG? MTL is banged up and when I started looking last night I said Helly was my goalie and now the line is making me reconsider.

Something seems up with that. Been having some ongoing discussions with some folks about it. Is it the Kovy factor?

• mr_papageorgio

@hautalak said...

Something seems up with that. Been having some ongoing discussions with some folks about it. Is it the Kovy factor?

I assume it’s because WPG is dead last in HDCF% for the season and MTL is 6th best. I’m thinking about pivoting to Quick in net against what’s left of CBJ.

• hautalak

@mr_papageorgio said...

I assume it’s because WPG is dead last in HDCF% for the season and MTL is 6th best. I’m thinking about pivoting to Quick in net against what’s left of CBJ.

Eeek… I was thinking of rolling some Jackets out today actually. Although I feel TOR is the “safest” bet today against Smith (starting 3 in a row) at home.

• stellagirl

@mr_papageorgio said...

The line does seem a little off, but there are some signifocant lopsided peripheral numbers on paper:

Statistically, WPG is about the worst road team in the slate:

- WPG: worst CF/GP (MON is the best)

- WPG: worst S/GP (27.7). (MON is the best 37.2)

- WPG: worst high/med chances against (MON the best)

- WPG: worst PK on the slate

- WPG: gives up the most shots per game

- WPG worst CA/GP

- WPG: least amount of high/med danger chances for

I haven’t seen a matchup quite this lopsided (peripherals, on paper) in a week or two.

That said, WPG is 9-4-2 over their last 15 (compared to MON 5-6-4.) And Helly has played better on the road .962/2.65) than Price has at home (.912/2.93). And, as pointed out, MON is banged up.

So there are some underlying reasons why vegas may be thinking “advantage MON” but it does seem aggressive to me.

• mr_papageorgio

@hautalak said...

Eeek… I was thinking of rolling some Jackets out today actually. Although I feel TOR is the “safest” bet today against Smith (starting 3 in a row) at home.

I wouldn’t fault you for it. LA/CBJ seems like a boring game but I remember someone (Stella I think) mentioning CBJ takes the most shots on the road but has one of the lowest high/medium danger chance rates. I’ve talked myself off Helly and thinking Quick or maybe Price. Definitely starting my offense with TOR.

• hautalak

@mr_papageorgio said...

Definitely starting my offense with TOR.

Along with plenty of others. At G I’m thinking maybe Varly or do I dare go Helle?

• mr_papageorgio

@hautalak said...

Along with plenty of others. At G I’m thinking maybe Varly or do I dare go Helle?

Helle is still a great GPP play. As Stella pointed out WPG gives up the most shots per game. MTL has also averaged 37 shots per game over their last 5 games so the opportunity will definitely be there it’s just a question of how many of those find the net.

• mathewsmarner

I will roster robinson at $2600 only if Dubois is centering

• klubba575

I will definitely be rolling out some of the King, Elvis Merzlikins!! He has been good since the Korp injury and CBJ actually gives up less GA on the road than at home and the Kings shoot alot as well. I’m gonna guess he gets a 3-2 win and the shots bonus.

• NIN1002

Nice you guys only have to pick one goalie. Yahoo requires TWO goalies. Andersen is a lock, but he is super super expensive. After him and 2 or 3 key TOR pieces, the salary is pretty much all gone. Either way, after a variety of contemplation between Price and Quick, I’m going to go with Price (only a $2 difference between him and Quick, so no significant value edge to be had).

• jjwd

@NIN1002 said...

Nice you guys only have to pick one goalie. Yahoo requires TWO goalies. Andersen is a lock, but he is super super expensive. After him and 2 or 3 key TOR pieces, the salary is pretty much all gone. Either way, after a variety of contemplation between Price and Quick, I’m going to go with Price (only a $2 difference between him and Quick, so no significant value edge to be had).

Is Yahoo scoring more like DK or FD?

• klubba575

Neither, it is very unique. Requires picking two goalies, no shot or save bonus and you get points, positive and negative for +/-. Requires some real thought into each lineup aside from just line stacking or game stacking. Very enjoyable way to play.

• axman15

Might be the Leafs homer in me, but EDM is an easy fade tonight. Also like both goalies in the CBJ – LA game.

• Felixxberg

Will Kovalchuk be 50%+? He should be. L1 and PP1 with great upside at $3.0K. He seems to be happy about a new fresh start and will definitely want to stay on that top line.

• keephustlincuz

@Felixxberg said...

Will Kovalchuk be 50%+? He should be. L1 and PP1 with great upside at $3.0K. He seems to be happy about a new fresh start and will definitely want to stay on that top line.

It’s hard not to play him tonight.

• klubba575

Worst PK in the league so far? Winnipeg. If only Montreal correlated their PP lines. PP1 has 1 player from all 4 lines plus Weber. PP2 has 2 from 1, one from 2, and one from 3 plus Petry.

• mr_papageorgio

@keephustlincuz said...

It’s hard not to play him tonight.

He’s 100 years old. If you need a cheap punt probably not the worst idea but he’s far from a core play imo.

• keephustlincuz

@klubba575 said...

Worst PK in the league so far? Winnipeg. If only Montreal correlated their PP lines. PP1 has 1 player from all 4 lines plus Weber. PP2 has 2 from 1, one from 2, and one from 3 plus Petry.

Not sure what site you use but I just did a gamestack with Mon1 and Win1 with PP D and Andersen on FD.

On DK I like danault tatar and petry together.

• Volkster6

Two things

1) Helle jumps out to me in terms of volume – he will face likely upwards of 30 plus shots so even with 4 goals against he will net you 4.20 points … add 0.70 every save above 26 and 3.50 points for every goal less than 4 he allows and he can absolutely steal a GPP!

2) Anderson will be very chalky and this might make Francouz go under Owned. Both goalies project to be in winning matchups though and it’s very close in terms of points. Consider that pivot if you can!

Good luck tonight all!!!!/

• zovyn

@mr_papageorgio said...

He’s 100 years old. If you need a cheap punt probably not the worst idea but he’s far from a core play imo.

Sure but at $3k on F/D the upside is high. I like him a lot better than just about any other W in the sub <$4k range. Toss in another punt like Yamo or Stenlund and you can get some top-heavy studs into the LU.

I’m struggling a lot more with my blue line choices tonight. :(

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler