7:05 PM :  New Jersey ( 110 ) at  Buffalo ( -135 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:35 PM :  Philadelphia ( 165 ) at  Washington ( -200 ) —- T: 6o-15
    7:35 PM :  Montreal ( -125 ) at  Detroit ( 100 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:35 PM :  Columbus ( 158 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -182 ) —- T: 6½o-15
    8:05 PM :  Colorado ( 144 ) at  Winnipeg ( -165 ) —- T: 6o-30
    8:05 PM :  Dallas ( -105 ) at  St. Louis ( -115 ) —- T: 5½o-25
    10:05 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 222 ) at  Vegas ( -250 ) —- T: 6u-10
    10:35 PM :  Edmonton ( 185 ) at  San Jose ( -225 ) —- T: 6½u-25

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PocketsSloppy

$1 – 20 Player – Top 5. Best of luck.

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/entry/1361990251

• panters

Congrats Forum winners.

Nice going in the late slate hautalak. Good to see you at the top! I cashed in 4/6 for 2.5x.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@panters said...

Nice going in the late slate hautalak. Good to see you at the top! I cashed in 4/6 for 2.5x.

Yep finally got there haha Nice lineups and returns for you as well!

Let’s keep it going tonight. I like some BOS, MON (Tatar! Old team narrative), obviously WSH but back with some PHI after that abomination last night, and maybe some STL. And for the late night slate some VGK and SJ. It’s hard to see those being close.

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

Yep finally got there haha Nice lineups and returns for you as well!

Let’s keep it going tonight. I like some BOS, MON (Tatar! Old team narrative), obviously WSH but back with some PHI after that abomination last night, and maybe some STL. And for the late night slate some VGK and SJ. It’s hard to see those being close.

Way to go, fellas!

Here is tonight’s Yahoo contest. $1, 50/50, 8-man: https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4009698

Hautalak, I like the teams you named but won’t play STL out of spite other than Jake Allen, and only because it’s the Stars.

I will have some VGK in every lineup! As for SJ, seems obvious, but also seems like some trap potential with EDM still remembering getting obliterated in their last game. Maybe some Connie Mac in the late slate for me.

• hautalak

• x2

@PhoFever said...

Hautalak, I like the teams you named but won’t play STL out of spite other than Jake Allen, and only because it’s the Stars.

I will have some VGK in every lineup! As for SJ, seems obvious, but also seems like some trap potential with EDM still remembering getting obliterated in their last game. Maybe some Connie Mac in the late slate for me.

One of those slates with too much to like! Maybe I go a different direction and play one team heavy and not spray it everywhere like normal. Who knows. Hopefully they have another 2nd gen!

• NIN1002

Thanks for making the Yahoo forum contest, Pho!! Unlike yesterday, I made sure to show up extra early today to make sure I got in. Normally I don’t play slates of this size, but we’ll give it a shot tonight. Usually if it gets much above 7 games or so, then I pass as it’s too large of a player pool to sift through when you only do one lineup.

• PhoFever

@nin1002 said...

Thanks for making the Yahoo forum contest, Pho!! Unlike yesterday, I made sure to show up extra early today to make sure I got in. Normally I don’t play slates of this size, but we’ll give it a shot tonight. Usually if it gets much above 7 games or so, then I pass as it’s too large of a player pool to sift through when you only do one lineup.

Glad you made it in!!!

My old maxim used to be “A big slate, a bankroll hates!” But lately it’s been the opposite….I’ve had a lot more luck with big slates vs. smaller ones. The 4 and 5 game slates have been so brutal to me! The one team I go light on always erupts, and on smaller slates, the ownership of the team you leave out is always a lot higher, so you’re screwed.

On a night like tonight, on the other hand, Ovi can get a hat trick, and yet ownership will be spread out enough that it won’t sink you, especially in cash and H2H.

• yisman

Reinhart GTD

• hautalak

• x2

@yisman said...

Reinhart GTD

Looking like I might play some NJ value. Skinner can’t do it on his own can he? Or does this make Okposso (or whoever his linemates will be) more valuable?

• yisman

Pirri is not in the player pool on Yahoo :(

He will be no longer waiver-exempt shortly which means the knights will have to get rid of someone soon unless they plan on cycling players on and off IR all season

Tonight will be his 8th NHL game and he loses his status when he plays his 10th. He only played one game for the Wolves in his last time down. Obviously scored a goal and even started a fight.

We don’t know what line he’ll be on tonight.

• keephustlincuz

@yisman said...

If Smith misses there is a real possibility he gets put on the top line and top pp.

• Pbasniper

@keephustlincuz said...

If Smith misses there is a real possibility he gets put on the top line and top pp.

Pacioretty on top line with Pirri on second line is the latest.

• PhoFever

@Pbasniper said...

Pacioretty on top line with Pirri on second line is the latest.

Even more reason to Patch it up tonight. Don’t forget Eakin on PP1 either. It’s going to be fun to see who picks what pieces from the VGK late night hammer, since you know EVERYONE will have some.

• hautalak

• x2

@PhoFever said...

Even more reason to Patch it up tonight. Don’t forget Eakin on PP1 either. It’s going to be fun to see who picks what pieces from the VGK late night hammer, since you know EVERYONE will have some.

So far for me it’s the Stasny old line with Tuch and Patches. Maybe that’ll differentiate enough (maybe not on Yahoo with no Pirri).

• NIN1002

In a rare twist of fate, there are actually too many goalies I LIKE tonight. Normally, I’m happy if I find one guy I really like and then suffer to figure out who the other guy should be, but tonight there are multiple guys I like. Fortunately, Yahoo has helped me a bit with Copley by somehow pricing him as the most expensive goalie on the slate. The ole “Yahoo pricing goalies higher than the starters” adage strikes again.

As for my skaters, I’m not entirely sure which way to go with them quite yet. I like making big stacks whenever possible and not real keen on mixing and matching across the NHL to create my lineups. Most of the “big” lines are in play tonight (WPG, WAS, PIT, TBL…), so therefore there should be a big mix of ownership I would suspect with the multitude of quality goalie options along with so many brand name guys out there tonight. I don’t expect any high ownership on any goalie or skater.

• dyavid

@yisman said...

Reinhart GTD

Looks like theres a good chance he plays.

“The good news I feel really good today and back to my normal self,” Reinhart said. “I’m excited about the possibility of getting into another game tonight.”

• hcassidy

@yisman said...

Pirri is not in the player pool on Yahoo :(

He will be no longer waiver-exempt shortly which means the knights will have to get rid of someone soon unless they plan on cycling players on and off IR all season

Tonight will be his 8th NHL game and he loses his status when he plays his 10th. He only played one game for the Wolves in his last time down. Obviously scored a goal and even started a fight.

Pirri will be paired up with Stastny and Tuch…..the first 3 I locked in.

• Kuchhhh86

5$ 50-50 RG fat tuesday https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/67699230

need 5 more!

• panters

Need two more in the Yahoo Forum contest. With such a large slate I’m giving back some of my winnings from last night. Good luck!

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Pilut and Carlo are my favorite min priced Ds for tonight. Fabbri is my favorite min priced forward if he plays in the top 6. Otherwise, Sorensen or Khaira could be worth a shot.

• dyavid

@Felixxberg said...

Pilut and Carlo are my favorite min priced Ds for tonight. Fabbri is my favorite min priced forward if he plays in the top 6. Otherwise, Sorensen or Khaira could be worth a shot.

Dont mind Sobotka either if he’s centering skinner and reinhart

• Kuchhhh86

Anyone is qualify for the FHWC here?

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Kuchhhh86 said...

Doesn’t look like so. Click on that link: https://www.draftkings.com/lp/2019-hockey-world-championship, then go to the bottom. You’ll see who qualified. I recognize almost every name there, but none of them posts regularly.

• ezellmt

RG Contributor

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2015 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@Kuchhhh86 said...

A second and two third place finishes in Qs has been gut-wrenching. Throwing another bullet tonight, but might be calling it after that.

• PhoFever

One more entry needed for tonight’s $1 50/50 forum contest on Yahoo: https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4009698

Thanks to all who have entered!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).