• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 0 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  Columbus ( 105 ) at  Carolina ( -125 ) —- T: 105
    7:35 PM :  Chicago ( 0 ) at  Montreal ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 130 ) at  Nashville ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    8:35 PM :  Detroit ( 160 ) at  Dallas ( -180 ) —- T: 160
    10:05 PM :  Ottawa ( -105 ) at  Vancouver ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    10:05 PM :  Arizona ( -110 ) at  Vegas ( -110 ) —- T: -110

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• yuda

• nosideFX

What’s the most money people feel comfortable leaving on the table when building a cash/tournament lineup on dk?

Some days I build a lineup I feel really good about but then there is like $1000 left. I start feeling uncomfortable about how much I have left on the table. Thoughts?

• DirtyDylz

Depends on the size of the slate for me. If it’s a smaller slate and you leave some $ on the table that could be what sets you apart to take down a GPP. Larger slates I prefer to stick closer to the cap. All a personal comfort thing though, gotta do it your way, then there’s no regrets

• mathewsmarner

montreal, nashville, dallas, rangers, arizona, columbus, ottawa, philly

• nosideFX

I’m liking Bishop on all slates today at home, as long as he is confirmed. I have a good feeling about Vancouver today, I hope by the end of the night also.

• TAJ1453

Question about the PDO stat. Isn’t this stat misleading? Seems like this stat heavily relies on a high save percent for a goalie which doesn’t necessarily translate to a team having a high offensive potential? I’m assuming I’m missing something. Please help.

• Ndepompei

@nosideFX said...

I’m liking Bishop on all slates today at home, as long as he is confirmed. I have a good feeling about Vancouver today, I hope by the end of the night also.

I really like L2 for Vancouver

• Benn91

3 offenses should wake up tonight. DAL, MTL & NSH

• cheezpizza

Give me PP1 for STL tonight.
    King Lundy is a sieve right now.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@nosideFX said...

What’s the most money people feel comfortable leaving on the table when building a cash/tournament lineup on dk?

Some days I build a lineup I feel really good about but then there is like $1000 left. I start feeling uncomfortable about how much I have left on the table. Thoughts?

I never play cash so I don’t know about that, but for tournaments it really depends on the slate (like DirtyDylz said). Hockey is a sport where there is a lot of variance, so sometimes you need to leave a lot on the table in order to win a GPP. I have won nice amounts before with around $5000 left, but I wouldn’t recommend that every night.

Tonight, there are a lot of teams where the top lines don’t cost that much, so if you want to mix them together, you’re gonna have to leave money on the table since the most expensive D is $6300. Again, there is a lot of variance. When 14 teams play, anything can happen.

• nosideFX

@Felixxberg said...

I never play cash so I don’t know about that, but for tournaments it really depends on the slate (like DirtyDylz said). Hockey is a sport where there is a lot of variance, so sometimes you need to leave a lot on the table in order to win a GPP. I have won nice amounts before with around $5000 left, but I wouldn’t recommend that every night.

Tonight, there are a lot of teams where the top lines don’t cost that much, so if you want to mix them together, you’re gonna have to leave money on the table since the most expensive D is $6300. Again, there is a lot of variance. When 14 teams play, anything can happen.

Thanks for the advice, I put together a team I feel really good about but then looked and had $2500 left and then started second guessing my decisions.

• cheezpizza

@cheezpizza said...

Give me PP1 for STL tonight.
    King Lundy is a sieve right now.

Just realized Lundqvist started the last two games. So I doubt he’s in net tonight.
    Might look elsewhere.

• scsa1998

@cheezpizza said...

Just realized Lundqvist started the last two games. So I doubt he’s in net tonight.
    Might look elsewhere.

If he is out I’ll be even more in on STL, Despite in the past the Rangers just play defense when the backup starts.

• Scumpunch

@TAJ1453 said...

Question about the PDO stat. Isn’t this stat misleading? Seems like this stat heavily relies on a high save percent for a goalie which doesn’t necessarily translate to a team having a high offensive potential? I’m assuming I’m missing something. Please help.

That’s correct. PDO lumps sh% and sv% together which is why it’s useless for DFS. Much more useful to look at sh% and sv% separately.

• Benn91

@scsa1998 said...

If he is out I’ll be even more in on STL, Despite in the past the Rangers just play defense when the backup starts.

Pavelec is just terrible since last year.

• nosideFX

Lundqvist in goal today

• cheezpizza

I’ll be all over STL today, then.
    Go ahead and play Lundqvist, as I’m sure I’ll get burned by that.

• Benn91

Pietrangelo or Subban for tonight knowing Josi wont play?

• cheezpizza

@Benn91 said...

Pietrangelo or Subban for tonight knowing Josi wont play?

I don’t like anything about Nashville right now.

• yanksfan1

Vegas Line 2? Marchessault-Smith-Miller is VERY cheap and all on first power play line

• nosideFX

@yanksfan1 said...

Vegas Line 2? Marchessault-Smith-Miller is VERY cheap and all on first power play line

Fading that game completely

• M_T_Clark

I like that they give up a ton of Power Play minutes so I’ll jump on the PP1 line of Philly.

• Ndepompei

Samuel Girard seems like a decent punt defenseman at $2700 on DK

• nosideFX

@M_T_Clark said...

I like that they give up a ton of Power Play minutes so I’ll jump on the PP1 line of Philly.

I agree I think their PP1 produces some points today

• nosideFX

After looking at the data so far I’m really liking the obvious STL PP1 and CHI PP1 and then the not so obvious PHI PP1 and VAN L1.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).