NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  Philadelphia ( 0 ) at  Ottawa ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Vegas ( 0 ) at  Washington ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:05 PM :  Arizona ( 145 ) at  Anaheim ( -165 ) —- T: 5½u-25

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• thetitanlb

@Syzltuth said...

Football and nhl scoring this season so far has been crazy. MLB had a ton more hrs as well I believe. I fully expect every nba team to score 200 points this season. Weird year in sports

Yeah time to take months off till things even out. If running at scoress that would win gpp games last year cant even win cash this year then something is off and its beyond me

• Syzltuth

@OttawaCityMadman said...

Funny. yeah had Hutton as well. Put up 52 and 49. Close but no mucho denero

Weird, I put up 52 in the $1 se and came in 64th for x2 cash. Trains must have pushed you out in the gpp you were in.

• tristanwolf

just back from trivia, was nice not actually sweating hockey 5 hours for once. i see philly went off (had tons last night at home of course). my washington 80% worked out well, but prob just break even thanks to the goalfest other game. have a lot of gibson, and one kesler-coligano-sherwood line in the turbo and the showdown, so could make a little if the 3rd per breaks right. i know i said i wasnt gonna play the turbo due to ridic payout structure but dk had a popup offer on my phone for a $3 nfl ticket tomorrow if i played so really in for $2 one bullet. leggo kesler-cogliano-sherwood – gibson

• OttawaCityMadman

@Syzltuth said...

Weird, I put up 52 in the $1 se and came in 64th for x2 cash. Trains must have pushed you out in the gpp you were in.

singEnt I finsihed 69, and 124.in the main $1, Just X2… It was 51.5, Amazing what ,5 can cost or get ya…

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@sizzlebeans said...

You won $10k on Saturday? That’s awesome bro. I wasn’t reading the forum over the weekend. Took a weekend trip with the family instead.

Yep! I won the $40 contest by 0.50 thanks to my under 1% Connauton who did his usual 2.50! Canuckage hit big too one or two days before. Your turn now!

• tristanwolf

singEnt I finsihed 69, and 124.in the main $1, Just X2… It was 51.5, Amazing what ,5 can cost or get ya…

haha or .10 in basketball aka my avatar. we’ve all been there so many times. i’ve had about 3 years. i’m gonna set a goal to change it. next 1k score i will. it’s been about a year!

• tristanwolf

@Felixxberg said...

Yep! I won the $40 contest by 0.50 thanks to my under 1% Connauton who did his usual 2.50! Canuckage hit big too one or two days before. Your turn now!

that’s awesome man congrats, i missed it too probably because there was like a million things going on hockey/collegefball/baseballplayoffs/mcgregorcircus that night!

• Wingman

I need Rakell or Terry goal to save a bad lineup

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Still cashed everything at 53.40 (DK) thanks to all the saves…. shouldn’t be stressing out a min cash with that kind of score but it is what it is

• Blahaaron

I won two microboosters! Arizona had to win the shootout otherwise the Gibson’s would have over taken me. Wow. Thought for sure 2 hrs ago I wasn’t gonna be able to hold on.

• tristanwolf

son of a b really needed that gibson win. on to tomorrow tasty 12 game slate and some decent contests. good night!

• BigA

@Blahaaron said...

I won two microboosters! Arizona had to win the shootout otherwise the Gibson’s would have over taken me. Wow. Thought for sure 2 hrs ago I wasn’t gonna be able to hold on.

Does the tie mean we split the $10 ?

• Blahaaron

@BigA said...

Does the tie mean we split the $10 ?

Yep, we both get five on that one.
    Good work!

• Syzltuth

Yup, been that next guy just after the cash line way too many times or like tonight – cashed on fd but tied for last cash place so I only lost half my entry instead of all of it, lol

• yisman

@yisman said...

frustrating. Kept getting errors trying to join https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/61568678 and https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/61568674

so all I’m in is the quarter for turbo https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/61647337?uc=1214978314

missed out on $107 profit. ugh

turbo lineup scored 44.6 but since it was without the philly/pttawa game that was a very good score

main slate lineups got 50.1 and 51.1, but not good scores because no Tkachuk/Lajoie. Typical day of entering contests I shouldn’t have and barely missing on contests I should have entered.

most of my play was on Yahoo and that was a total bust because I wound up with only goalies from Philly/Ottawa, basically the worst possible build (except I did have Ovechkin/Carlson).. Amazingly, I was still alive going into the final game, where I could cash in the double ups because I had Ducks and other people didn’t. But Henrique, Silf, and Montour busted so I still didn’t cash. Ducks terrible, and as mentioned earlier, I bet the Ducks…

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Blahaaron said...

Damn congrats! You must know the sauce for those or I have always been under the impression those are almost impossible to win.

Just curious what score did it? I had 54.1 in the $2 10x booster (56.4 cash line) and it finished 7/35 (top 3 cash). With that being single entry and all, I think I will entered that more often.

• Blahaaron

@hautalak said...

Damn congrats! You must know the sauce for those or I have always been under the impression those are almost impossible to win.

Just curious what score did it? I had 54.1 in the $2 10x booster (56.4 cash line) and it finished 7/35 (top 3 cash). With that being single entry and all, I think I will entered that more often.

They are easy enough to win because of the very few entries you compete against and there’s really only a couple of other players who regularly play it that play lines. Everyone else just picks randoms.
    If you play the quarters you get 7 tries in each game and they normally have 2, sometimes 3 due to its popularity. So you get to make 14 to 21 unique lineups and your odds at cashing one of those is better than If you did 7 lineups.

In the first one I tied for 5th with BigA524 with 60.8 points. In the second one I was also 5th with 58.30. Had a bunch of other ones in the mid to low 50s which was a common enough score. The first microbooster usually has the highest 5th place score,
    Don’t know why but it’s just always been like that.

You were really close to top 3! I think you should just put 14 quarters in the microbooster and make 14 different lineups. You’ll start winning the $10. Some days I win, some days I lose by a point, some days I don’t even come close, but it’s a good challenge.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Blahaaron said...

You were really close to top 3! I think you should just put 14 quarters in the microbooster and make 14 different lineups. You’ll start winning the $10. Some days I win, some days I lose by a point, some days I don’t even come close, but it’s a good challenge.

Might be something I have to look into. For tonight since I’m shorter on time I entered the $1 SE, $2 10x (trying it again), 3 quarter lineups so far, and maybe more if I get any extra time.

I need to work on my contest selection for sure. I play too many large field tourneys I think but in NHL you have such limited options. The next day I enter 20 lineups, I’ll be sure to play them in some microboosters.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).