• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  New Jersey ( 170 ) at  Toronto ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    7:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 110 ) at  Washington ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    9:35 PM :  Boston ( -135 ) at  Colorado ( 115 ) —- T: -135
    10:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 120 ) at  Anaheim ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    10:35 PM :  Calgary ( 115 ) at  Los Angeles ( -135 ) —- T: 115

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• nosideFX

@Cal_Naughton_Jr said...

So who’s everyones goalie they like for Cash?

I will be rolling with Rask

• nosideFX

I had a big dud last night looking to rebound today. Small slate but I’m liking a lot of different options. Will probably have a bunch of one offs for exposure in cash games. How are people feeling about Crosby tonight?

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Thoughts on Holtby in goal tonight?

• nosideFX

John Moore, Brooks Orpik, or Kevan Miller on DK all $3000 defenseman? Pick 1

• cchap2

Anyone on Calgary tonight?

• nosideFX

@tratow said...

I think Washington gets the win so there’s that. Not sure if it will be a high/low scoring game though, but he should get plenty of save opportunities.

• Cal_Naughton_Jr

@tratow said...

Good contrarian GPP play I was honestly thinking of playing him but just can’t do it when you can play Varlamov at $7.2K at home.

• yisman

@StPaulMick said...

And you were .8 points from taking the RG Forum tourney. Nice job! Also, too bad your satellite is to an NBA tourney lol. You’ll have to be glued to your phone. I saw your lineup included Marty Hanzal. Have you seen Zoolander? “Hansel. He’s so hot right now. So hot.” lol

thanks

nah, I didn’t see it

the satellites were from the 8:30 PM slate

for the main slate, that RG contest comprised all my profits!

I’d play again today but I can’t get onto DK from where I am. I’ll be back Sunday.

• usna1993

question about the NHL Grindown. Wasn’t it free last year? It shows as premium and I can’t see anything on it other then the first game.

• TBforPrez

@usna1993 said...

question about the NHL Grindown. Wasn’t it free last year? It shows as premium and I can’t see anything on it other then the first game.

Yup, it was free last year and a great source of info. I’ve found a couple other sites to get some daily analysis on NHL DFS.

• yisman

@usna1993 said...

used to be free

RG has moved their hockey offerings to premium or “freemium”

freemium means partial or limited access

grind down means you can only view a little

and their twice a week NHL show on RG Live can only be seen live. Normally you can view replays if you miss the show but not with the premium shows.

Even the lineuphq thing doesn’t display player projections anymore. Very limited usefullness now.

• yisman

@Cal_Naughton_Jr said...

Well entered the $333 will see how it goes tonight figured why not give it a shot!

good luck

• cchap2

@TBforPrez Can you send me those? I like to gather as much info as possible and bring it all together.

• StPaulMick

@cchap2 said...

Can you send me those?

The raw data is all on hockey-reference.com; occasional strategy articles and “how tos” are post on LeftWingLock.com and DailyFaceoff.com, but I do not believe they post “guys to target” type content. Apologies if you already knew this. Some of the other sites with touts are Fan Vice.com; Rotowire.com; Rotoworld.com; Elite Guru or whatever it’s called. If projection models are your thing, there’s about a million of them out there. I no longer have a subscription to Rotowire, but if I were to recommend subbing to any site for their hockey analysis and clear layout of traditional statistics with a lite sprinkling of advanced stats, it would be them. They are priced waaayyyy less than RG. They don’t have all the bells and whistles, but I do like the layout a lot better. You can quickly get TOI data and depth charts that are almost always up to date. But hockey reference is the bomb, imo. No touts, no projections, pure numbers.

Edited to include: I left out everyone’s favorite, Corsica.hockey. I probably forgot about it because I haven’t used it yet this year because I can’t get the site to work. I don’t know if it’s my browser or what.

• Cal_Naughton_Jr

@cchap2 said...

@TBforPrez Can you send me those? I like to gather as much info as possible and bring it all together.

Also if you don’t have a fantasydraft account you can get premium for 3 months if you deposit on there and put the GRINDERS in for the promo code just gotta message an admin on here after that. Not sure if there a min deposit I couldn’t find it.

https://rotogrinders.com/reviews/fantasydraft

• PhoFever

DailyFaceoff has an excellent “line pairing” segment right now that discusses/speculates on who will be guarding whom and what lines will be matched. Must-read material IMO

• cheezpizza

Murray has horrible numbers vs Washington. I’m all over Washington tonight with Bratt and Butcher providing value from NJ.

• tratow

@Cal_Naughton_Jr said...

Good contrarian GPP play I was honestly thinking of playing him but just can’t do it when you can play Varlamov at $7.2K at home.

This is where I landed on most of my line ups as well.

Noside – I agree that Washington gets the win and that Holtby will see plenty of shots.

• StPaulMick

For CChap2 above

One last thing: I always used to want to find out the “perfect” line up from the night before or just find out who went off or whatever. The site DailyNhlGoalies.com compiles the top 10 points leaders for forwards, defencemen, and goalies for the three big sites from the previous night under their fantasy recap tab. I’m sure there are others who do this as well.

• tratow

@StPaulMick said...

One last thing: I always used to want to find out the “perfect” line up from the night before or just find out who went off or whatever. The site DailyNhlGoalies.com compiles the top 10 points leaders for forwards, defencemen, and goalies for the three big sites from the previous night under their fantasy recap tab. I’m sure there are others who do this as well.

Good info! Thanks!!

• StPaulMick

^Glad you found it helpful!

• TAJ1453

Have $5100 left for my UTIL. Any suggestions?

• StPaulMick

Patrick Marleau, and you’ll have 100 bones left over, lol.
    Expensive for a third liner but I think that line is gonna bash, plus it might influence ownership to be lower than low.

• Cal_Naughton_Jr

@TAJ1453 said...

Have $5100 left for my UTIL. Any suggestions?

Rantanen or Toffoli

• TAJ1453

@StPaulMick said...

Patrick Marleau, and you’ll have 100 bones left over lol
    Expensive for a third liner, I think that line is gonna bash, plus it might influence ownership to be low

Better option than rust?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).