• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  New Jersey ( 170 ) at  Toronto ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    7:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 110 ) at  Washington ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    9:35 PM :  Boston ( -135 ) at  Colorado ( 115 ) —- T: -135
    10:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 120 ) at  Anaheim ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    10:35 PM :  Calgary ( 115 ) at  Los Angeles ( -135 ) —- T: 115

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• MITS

It seems like full line stacks aren’t doing that well so far this year.

Noticing a lot of pairs

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@MITS said...

Noticing a lot of pairs

I think it’s because teams are still getting a feel for the lines that they like. Once teams get to their “final” lines and chemistry is worked out, I think that starts to change. Personally some lineups this year have looked pretty oddball.

• cheezpizza

@yountingly said...

They didn’t make him Captain at such a young age for no reason. He is a good player but been down lately but certainly has the talent to return to fantasy relevance. I had a decent amount of Mackinnon/Raantanen and Barrie in lus as a trio or just Barrie solo. Targeting against Boston might become a thing.

I’ve watched two of the Avs games this year and they might be on the upswing. I know Duchene was griping about wanting out the whole off season but something about winning changes attitudes.
    If he fully commits, they definitely have enough talent to compete in the West.
    Vancouver is another team I see trying to sneak into the playoffs. I’m waiting on Boeser to get healthy, will be good value initially.

• StPaulMick

@cheezpizza said...

I don’t know what’s so weird about Landeskog

Granted, Colorado has become worse every year over the last few years, buy my reasoning is that Landeskog has trended downward every years in at least two fantasy-relevant categories since ’13-14. Goals: 26, 23, 20,18 A: 39,36,33,15. Last years point total of 33 was lock out year quality. I think he’s a good, big skater and a strong competitor, but there are plenty of Captains who are more grinders than goalscorers. Then again, I haven’t paid much attention to COL this year since I basically wrote them off due to last years woefully awful season, and no significant offseason moves. Anyway, obviously I’m wrong about it and my process is off somewhere, but that’s how I arrived where I did.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@MITS said...

Noticing a lot of pairs

I think it has to do with the entries being limited to 20. Some lines produce well but nobody takes them because with only 20 entries, nobody wants to take that risk.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@cheezpizza said...

I don’t know what’s so weird about Landeskog. He’s a 3rd liner, but he skates on the PP1 and apparently quite a few people liked that unit last night.

Every player on the lineup is not that bad by himself, but it just seems impossible that on a 5 games/10 teams night, 5 people had them all together.

• MITS

@Felixxberg said...

I think it has to do with the entries being limited to 20. Some lines produce well but nobody takes them because with only 20 entries, nobody wants to take that risk.

Yeah true. I just hate doing Pairs cause it seems that third guy I leave out will score all the goals haha maybe I’ll start pairs with a D then one off someone in utility

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).