Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM : Toronto ( 120 ) at Ottawa ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    8:05 PM : St. Louis ( 120 ) at Chicago ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    10:05 PM : Calgary ( 110 ) at Edmonton ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    10:35 PM : Los Angeles ( 110 ) at San Jose ( -130 ) —- T: 110

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• julieduke33

@maxeernst said...

Latest reports were that they are rolling out Kane Anisimov Panarin again.

They experimented splitting kane and panarin up in preseason, but they were back together yesterday.

Yeah seems Kane/panarin / anisomov seem to be back together but that will only last til coach Q is unhappy with his teams play after 3 shifts and juggles them… Haha that’s half sarcasm there…

• wisertime

my above statement is for tomarrows slate.

• deejones49

@yuda said...

What are the expected line matchups for the Oilers-Flames game? Who will the Oilers matchup CGY1?

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/24/edmonton-oilers

• blakespe

how are people approaching the scoring changes for FD? I think the CGY v EDM game could be a great tester on night 1 to see how it adjusts the rosters

• colinwdrew

RG Overall Ranking

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Champion

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Nice opening contests but with only 4-games gotta think about roster construction vs just optimal plays assuming you degens are playing large field contests. IMO look at both FD and DK tournaments, similar prize pool but FD much more top heavy and DK more balanced so play your more chalky lineups on DK and your contrarian ones on FD

• julieduke33

@blakespe said...

how are people approaching the scoring changes for FD? I think the CGY v EDM game could be a great tester on night 1 to see how it adjusts the rosters

I haven’t really changed anything except I have some guys in same game against each other which I rarely did last year…especially a defenseman against forwards from opposite team…no plus minus who cares if your players on ice for 4 goals against as long as he gets some points..

• blakespe

@julieduke33 said...

no plus minus who cares if your players on ice for 4 goals against as long as he gets some points..

exactly why i think CGY v EDM will be a great chance to work it out

• julieduke33

@blakespe said...

exactly why i think CGY v EDM will be a great chance to work it out

Yeah I’m curious how the ownership is for that game…especially on a small slate…curiously I’m avoiding it as of now but may change before tomorrow..

• Beachbum2634

What are everyone’s thoughts on how much weight (or trust) to put into Vegas’ take on games this early in the season? (I only started playing NHL DFS last December, so I don’t have any perspective on how accurate Vegas is early on). Thanks!

• maxeernst

@julieduke33 said...

Yeah I’m curious how the ownership is for that game…curiously I’m avoiding it as of now but may change before tomorrow..

GL fading that one. You have more intestinal fortitude than I.

• blakespe

@maxeernst said...

my thought exactly!

• donkshow

@Beachbum2634 said...

What are everyone’s thoughts on how much weight (or trust) to put into Vegas’ take on games this early in the season? (I only started playing NHL DFS last December, so I don’t have any perspective on how accurate Vegas is early on). Thanks!

I don’t look at Vegas for anything NHL.

• julieduke33

@maxeernst said...

Haha my final lU will probably have some Oilers…plenty of time to change my mind

• julieduke33

@donkshow said...

I don’t look at Vegas for anything NHL.

Agree the totals are all 5 or 5 1/2 generally with an occasional 6… I guess you could look at a cheap goalie that’s favored and roll the dice…

• Beachbum2634

@julieduke33 said...

Agree the totals are all 5 or 5 1/2 generally with an occasional 6… I guess you could look at a cheap goalie that’s favored and roll the dice…

Thanks for your input. I think that last season I really put too much emphasis on what Vegas had to say and I got burned quite a bit.

• kellykip

@julieduke33 said...

Unless the Devils are involved somehow, the o/u rarely moves off that 5-5.5 range

• ScottyP33

@wisertime said...

honestly, if I was building a cash line up , I would look at the chalk plays first. mcdavid and karlsson most likely will be the highest owned. there ceiling is too high to ignore to fade. if u don’t have them and they go off, then u are at a huge disadvantage to make up ground. I would build my cash lineup around them. take this for what’s it’s worth. I am not a pro, and I typically play more GPPs. this is just how I would go about it

For a cash lineup there are ways to get exposure to the chalk forward without playing the chalk forward. You can play Eberle or Lucic or both at a reduced price to McDavid and play a different center. It’s more difficult obviously to use this strategy for a stud defenseman like Karlsson.

• Yacht67

First time playing DFS hockey. Been studying up. Have 1 question. Is it best to have a completely correlated lineup? Or is 1 offs exceptable?

• awilson45

@Yacht67 said...

First time playing DFS hockey. Been studying up. Have 1 question. Is it best to have a completely correlated lineup? Or is 1 offs exceptable?

Correlated lineups for sure. Treat NHL similar to MLB

• Codith

My gut is telling me OTT/STL/SJ as where the focus should be.

• LedgerSko

@whodeany16 said...

Stone, Hossa, JvR. Of the three, who would you like best in cash games?

Stone without a doubt

• LedgerSko

Will be a nice pivot off the McDavid line in the same matchup

• LedgerSko

I love Elliott as a GPP play, very underrated

• whodeany16

In cash lineups, do you tend to split forwards (Ex: McDavid-Draisatl) So you’re getting points if either line scores, yet you have the pairing on the top pp?

I dabbled a bit last year in GPPs and never really dove into cash lineup construction. Any advice?

• whodeany16

In cash lineups, do you tend to split forwards (Ex: McDavid-Draisatl) So you’re getting points if either line scores, yet you have the pairing on the top pp?

I dabbled a bit last year in GPPs and never really dove into cash lineup construction. Any advice?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).