7:05 PM : Montreal ( -120 ) at Buffalo ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    7:05 PM : N.Y. Islanders ( 115 ) at N.Y. Rangers ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    7:35 PM : Detroit ( 150 ) at Tampa Bay ( -170 ) —- T: 150
    7:35 PM : New Jersey ( 125 ) at Florida ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:05 PM : Carolina ( 120 ) at Winnipeg ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    8:05 PM : Washington ( -115 ) at Pittsburgh ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    8:05 PM : Minnesota ( 0 ) at St. Louis ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:35 PM : Anaheim ( 115 ) at Dallas ( -135 ) —- T: 115

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• msuwhat

I kinda like the rangers second line though

• PScotty85

I’m really liking Dallas tonight…I know that Anaheim isn’t the best team to go after though, I’m just thinking that Stars offense at home will light it up. Am I:
    1. Disregarding possible heel issues with Seguin? (got me thinking that second line would be the better one tonight)
    2. Being ridiculous for going against the ducks when their are much better teams to target against today? (which I know there are)

Little thinking out loud.

• Codith

@PScotty85 said...

I’m really liking Dallas tonight…I know that Anaheim isn’t the best team to go after though, I’m just thinking that Stars offense at home will light it up. Am I:
    1. Disregarding possible heel issues with Seguin?
    2. Being ridiculous for going against the ducks when their are much better teams to target against today? (which I know there are)

Little thinking out loud.

Stars are boom or bust, they very well could put up 5 goals tonight, or its a 2-1 kinda game. Worth taking a shot. I took Klingberg on a few because he is to cheap tonight.

• HowYouDrouin

Stamkos/Drouin stack for sure

• Scumpunch

Love the Stars tonight. The Ducks got worse this offseason, and their coaching change has to be considered a significant downgrade (upgrade from their opponents’ point of view!). Plus, Lindholm and Rakell are still unsigned. I’m not worried about Seguin, and hope his DTD tag lowers ownership.

Vegas seems to agree, as this game has the highest over/under on the board, with the Stars favored

• jdtrey22

@Scumpunch said...

Love the Stars tonight. The Ducks got worse this offseason, and their coaching change has to be considered a significant downgrade (upgrade from their opponents’ point of view!). Plus, Lindholm and Rakell are still unsigned. I’m not worried about Seguin, and hope his DTD tag lowers ownership.

Vegas seems to agree, as this game has the highest over/under on the board, with the Stars favored

Vegas over unders for hockey mean absolutely nothing

• fantasybender

After a full season of MLB its easy to forget how weak these NHL tournament offerings are. I dont want to play in this $20 7k+ entrant tournament. No $27 tourny is weak saucerpass

• fantasybender

I wouldn’t say absolutely nothing.. masses still gravitate to high over/unders and MLs so that ownership information is at least useful

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

Isles-Rag$ tonight – anything can happen. Could have a 2-1 game or a shootout like that game referenced. That game was nuts late in the season last year. I assume Stepan will be on JT Line so i’d ok with ZIbanijed who is kind of cheap at 5.1K. I play FD almost exclusively for NHL. Concerned a little about my Isles/JT an the team were flat Sunday. That was JT’s only game this preseason due to WC. He has not had a lot of time with Ladd and they are putting Chimera on that line tonight. Chimera might be ok for some salary relief as would Beauvillier who will play tonight on the 2nd line. I like our chances tonight. Halak is very good all time when matched vs Henrik. Even thought they obviously don’t play each other, for some reason, Halak dominates this matchup

Think I’m on Bishop tonight, Stamkos line, Schiefele line and some habs with Weber//stars. Value goalie – trying to decide between Montoya and Helleybuck.

• Codith

@yountingly said...

Isles-Rag$ tonight – anything can happen. Could have a 2-1 game or a shootout like that game referenced. That game was nuts late in the season last year. I assume Stepan will be on JT Line so i’d ok with ZIbanijed who is kind of cheap at 5.1K. I play FD almost exclusively for NHL. Concerned a little about my Isles/JT an the team were flat Sunday. That was JT’s only game this preseason due to WC. He has not had a lot of time with Ladd and they are putting Chimera on that line tonight. Chimera might be ok for some salary relief as would Beauvillier who will play tonight on the 2nd line. I like our chances tonight. Halak is very good all time when matched vs Henrik. Even thought they obviously don’t play each other, for some reason, Halak dominates this matchup

Think I’m on Bishop tonight, Stamkos line, Schiefele line and some habs with Weber//stars. Value goalie – trying to decide between Montoya and Helleybuck.

I am rocking Montoya early and Helly late.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@yountingly said...

Stepan looks to be with Zucc and Vesey. JT is with Nash and Hayes.

• TheRyanFlaherty

I wish FD offered the mini GPP’s for NHL.
    It’s not like it’s a big risk on their part to throw up a $1 and $2 294 entry GPP.
    I’m sure they’d fill at least a few throughout the day.

There just isn’t a lot to enter for a low-stakes (and more of a casual NHL) player such as myself.
    I’m hesitant to play cash, because last year was just plagued with duplicate entries and it just pisses me off to no end, even if I’m beating the lineup. It ruins the experience and isn’t worth the low reward.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

Daily faceoff has Pulock of Isles on the 3rd pair and on the PP but he was sent down. Seidenberg will play. FYI for those remembering Pulock’s booming shot at a cheap price in the spring. Disappointed he got sent down. Hope not to see the Siedenberg the Bruins were anxious to get rid of (though I know more for cap reasons than overall play)

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

I wish FD offered the mini GPP’s for NHL.
    It’s not like it’s a big risk on their part to throw up a $1 and $2 294 entry GPP.
    I’m sure they’d fill at least a few throughout the day.

There just isn’t a lot to enter for a low-stakes (and more of a casual NHL) player such as myself.
    I’m hesitant to play cash, because last year was just plagued with duplicate entries and it just pisses me off to no end, even if I’m beating the lineup. It ruins the experience and isn’t worth the low reward.

There usually is once the large breakaway fills. They had them last year because I often have more entries in the mini ones. I find them easier to finish high in and win more. I prefer them, too. If this big breakaway fills, they should create another.

• Fsudrew17

Anyone a lock for you guys for cash? Like any top guys or value guys? I’m liking too many options tonight

• Codith

Drouin at $5k is a lock for me
    Beaulieu at $3800 could be a steal
    Ehlers at $4900
    Aho at $3400
    Oshie at $5800
    Klingberg at $5100
    Henrique at $5000

All those guys are pretty solid value plays

• Scumpunch

@jdtrey22 said...

Vegas over unders for hockey mean absolutely nothing

I disagree. All else being equal, I would rather have players from a game with a higher number of goals expected.

• maxeernst

@Codith said...

Drouin at $5k is a lock for me
    Beaulieu at $3800 could be a steal
    Ehlers at $4900
    Aho at $3400
    Oshie at $5800
    Klingberg at $5100
    Henrique at $5000

All those guys are pretty solid value plays

I think 5k for Drouin is more than he was all last season

• scsa1998

Are people off Dallas because they are playing the ducks? or because they are too expensive?

• Codith

@maxeernst said...

I think 5k for Drouin is more than he was all last season

Probably has to do with him not playing during that prima donna stage. His price will be over $6k by the time a month worth of games is finished. Book it

• scsa1998

@Codith said...

Probably has to do with him not playing during that prima donna stage. His price will be over $6k by the time a month worth of games is finished. Book it

The sites take forever to update pricing especially for Hockey. So you are probably looking at 3 months for a well deserved price hike

• maxeernst

@Codith said...

How much would you like to wager, kind sir?

• jdtrey22

@Scumpunch said...

I disagree. All else being equal, I would rather have players from a game with a higher number of goals expected.

99% of overunders are 5-5.5

• GPeanut

@jdtrey22 said...

99% of overunders are 5-5.5

I tend to agree. Its not the O/U but the Vegas individual team total that is something you might take stock in

• Codith

@maxeernst said...

How much would you like to wager, kind sir?

$10 his price is $6000 or more after a total of 16 games (assuming an average of 4 per week over a month span).

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).