NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:05 PM : Chicago ( -105 ) at Nashville ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    9:05 PM : Edmonton ( 110 ) at Calgary ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    10:35 PM : Philadelphia ( 0 ) at Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• tkofantasy

Todays Post will provide you with some targets for tonights NHL games.

Here’s a quick preview of the scoring if you haven’t played yet:

You will be given a draft order, and then make picks in a snake order, you will draft 1 Goalie 1 Defensemen 3 Forwards

Points: Goal 3 pts, Assist 2 pts, +/- 1pts, Shots .5pts, Goalie Win 3pts, Save .2pts Shutout 2pts, Goals against -1pts.

There’s different strategy you need to employ when drafting your players, it depends on if your in a head to head or more players, and the number of games on the slate that night.

Tonight with so few games, I would leave Goalie and Defensemen till last and target those forwards as they will go quick.

When drafting a Defensemen you can wait till later, as everyone only drafts 1 Defensemen you can wait unless there’s a must have on a bad slate, and that doesn’t apply tonight.

My Draft order today would be 1-F 2-F 3-G 4-F 5-D

Top Picks:

Forwards:
    1.Connor McDavid – last gae had 6 shots, 2 goals and 1 assist. I expect a similar stat line
    2. Patrick Kane – Look for Kane to bounce back after a poor game 1, with only 2 shots on goal.
    3. Johnny Gaudreau – This should be another shootout, last game he had 4 shots, i see him getting points this game
    4. Fllip Forsberg – Look for a strong game with 4-6 shots on goal, and plays on PP unit.

Defensemen:
    1.D. Hamilton – last game he had 4 shots on goal, look for a similar number
    2. PK Subban – PK has a new home, and hes always looking to score
    3. Mark Giordano – With 3 shots and an assist last game, I look for similar numbers.

Goalies:
    1. Jeff Zatkoff – filling in for Quick, he should have alot of shots against and be in line for the win
    2. Brian Elliott – Elliott should see a ton of shots, and should bounce back from a bad game

• Jmilko5

Is there a good resource to find O/U betting percentages for these games? Its just my hunch, but it seems like that can be useful for DFS hockey.

• tkofantasy

What everyones view on smaller slates like this? Do you tend to keep it just to GPP’s? That tends to be my view

• tkofantasy

For a Top value play on Fanduel I like Chicago’s R. Panik (W) at $3.3K….. He plays on the top line, and looks like he’s getting time on the powerplay as well.

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@tkofantasy said...

For a Top value play on Fanduel I like Chicago’s R. Panik (W) at $3.3K….. He plays on the top line, and looks like he’s getting time on the powerplay as well.

How do you call him R.Panik when Dick Panik is so much more fun to type or say?

• fantasybender

@Jmilko5 said...

Is there a good resource to find O/U betting percentages for these games? Its just my hunch, but it seems like that can be useful for DFS hockey.

vegasinsider.com

• fantasybender

@Jmilko5 said...

vegasinsider.com

• fantasybender

@Jmilko5 said...

vegasinsider.com

• fantasybender

Been doing NHL ownership analysis for a while now and have never seen a better night to be contrarian than last night. The top 14 owned players, in the DK Return to Ice Celebration, were owned less within the top 1% than they were owned overall. Only 4 out of the top 41 owned players had a positive differential

• justjeff

Cash anyone share a link to last night’s $3 beakaway on FD please?

• bstreich9

Small slates like this are tough. If the chalk hits and you don’t have it, you’re toast. If you’re doing multiple lineups. It may be best to stack a teams second or third line in hope they go off.

• dylanrcc

Just my third day doing NHL DFS consistently, is there any reason that I see very little people around the web picking Flyers players today.

Mason should get the start today, I believe I saw last night that he’s dominated the Kings over his last five starts. I know their offense can be hit or miss some days but going up against Zatkoff, a guy a lot of them have experience against should be in their favor.

• Supersharpie

@dylanrcc said...

Just my third day doing NHL DFS consistently, is there any reason that I see very little people around the web picking Flyers players today.

Mason should get the start today, I believe I saw last night that he’s dominated the Kings over his last five starts. I know their offense can be hit or miss some days but going up against Zatkoff, a guy a lot of them have experience against should be in their favor.

I am puzzled by this as well.

Ghost, Konecny, Provorov, and Mason are four of the best value picks out there.

• Codith

@Supersharpie said...

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

:)

• savedatmoneyquan

NHL Newb here, Is Philly sneaky in this spot or just not worth it?

• deejones49

@justjeff said...

Cash anyone share a link to last night’s $3 beakaway on FD please?

https://www.fanduel.com/games/16599/contests/16599-202301933/entries/1043168273/scoring?entry=1043166107

This is what a bad lineup looks like

• savedatmoneyquan

Never Mind, I should read first :>

• FantasyTime69

@deejones49 said...

https://www.fanduel.com/games/16599/contests/16599-202301933/entries/1043168273/scoring?entry=1043166107

This is what a bad lineup looks like

Interesting he won it with a 332 stack. Going to make a ton of those tonight lets go! 3 forwards from boston 2 forwards 1 defender from nyr 1 forward 1 defender from tb. I’ll give this winning formula a shot.

• getlucky4

Kings are getting bet and the under. If you guys like Philly shouldn’t you play simmonds? Be there or be square.

• sloanxx

liking flyers

• julieduke33

@Supersharpie said...

I believe not a lot of buzz on philly because at LA and the defensive style LA plays especially at home…plus LA has a rep as s very good defensive team even though we don’t know how they will be this year…

• tkofantasy

That was like on Thursday night football last night there was a tribute to Dick Enberg (spelling?) …. after the video one of the announcers said We love Dick lol

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@julieduke33 said...

I believe not a lot of buzz on philly because at LA and the defensive style LA plays especially at home…plus LA has a rep as s very good defensive team even though we don’t know how they will be this year…

but no quick could be the difference. Struggling with G myself. Think I like Rinne at home but will hawks lose twice to open the season, Maybe Rinne in cash and the Flyers G in gpp with maybe a Zatkoff lu, too.

• justjeff

@deejones. Thank you and better luck to you

• julieduke33

@yountingly said...

but no quick could be the difference. Struggling with G myself. Think I like Rinne at home but will hawks lose twice to open the season, Maybe Rinne in cash and the Flyers G in gpp with maybe a Zatkoff lu, too.

Yeah goalie a crap shoot, really only 4 options unless you want to play Calgary and oiler goalies…they both looked bad Wednesday …

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).