7:05 PM : Anaheim ( 120 ) at Pittsburgh ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    7:05 PM : San Jose ( -130 ) at Columbus ( 110 ) —- T: -130
    7:05 PM : Boston ( -110 ) at Toronto ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    8:05 PM : N.Y. Rangers ( 120 ) at St. Louis ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    8:35 PM : Nashville ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM : Dallas ( -120 ) at Colorado ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    9:05 PM : Philadelphia ( 100 ) at Arizona ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    10:05 PM : Calgary ( 110 ) at Vancouver ( -130 ) —- T: 110

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• mackwoods11

@jdtrey22 said...

I can’t stand the dk sniper payouts

makes me want to play fanduel but DK’s roster construction is better

• yuda

@dl00000 said...

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_JSmith/status/787304094214086658

Vasilevskiy is starting for TB so you can save a bit from Bishop.

How many shots will he face though? Unless Devils are much more aggressive than last year, Vasi’s upside is very limited.

• TicketRaven

Credit = yes – wtg dk’s
    will i take him at 6k+ NO WAY

• TicketRaven

Logan Couture, Mikkel Boedker, and Doonskoi
    Rolling these guys out

• Neiderman

• 2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

Thoughts on strategy for 13 game slate.. try and work in 3-4 highest projected scorers or 3 man stacks? Interested to hear what others are thinking.
    I believe DK strat with the sniper tourney is to keep people playing and building up th average players bank roll.

• NextSignal

Kind of surprised by all of the Vasilevskiy love that I’m seeing. Will dig a bit deeper but I just don’t see him being a top option against the Devils.

• yuda

@Neiderman said...

I believe DK strat with the sniper tourney is to keep people playing and building up th average players bank roll.

I don’t mind the payout structure but DK way undersized these tournies today. Breakaway, Cross-Check, and Slapshot should all fill hours before lock.

• justjeff

@justjeff said...

Can someone please link last night’s $3 Breakaway in FD. Thank you

Bump. Stuck in Nevada (where dfs is still banned) til November. So if someone could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated. I want to track my would be lineups. Usually i just click on the link fromthe Rise and Grind article but it doesn’t get published on the weekends. Please and Thank you.

• julieduke33

https://www.fanduel.com/games/16612/contests/16612-202324561/entries/1043805084/scoring

Hope this works…

• justjeff

@julieduke33. Perfect. Thank you very much

• Nbadfs

I know his price went up but do u guys think Matthews is a must for cash on FD? Wouldn’t mind paying down to Sedin and saving. Just afraid his ownership may be too high to fade

• TicketRaven

Sneaky meat tonight for 6 points Werenski

• TimmerRC

I think there are safer choices for cash at Matthews’ price point, but he’s definitely a great GPP choice!

• TicketRaven

Rask, Mason, Miller
    Do you like these matchups for these goalies tonight?

• tkofantasy

Just a quick strategy note about the start of the NHL season. In my opionion the best way to approach the first week or so of the NHL is to attack it with GPP’s, I am a big cash game player but will not start playing Cash games until we have a better sample size, and we know the make up of the teams. This post will use Fanduel Pricing.
    Last night I hit on the Flyers stack being under owned and them having a good night, Kane also showed why he’s an elite cash game player with his high floor.
    Tonights NHL slate has 13 games on tap with plenty of spots that you will like to target.
    CHALK TALK:
    C – If your talking chalk tonight there is no reason to look past the Boston Bruins at the Toronto Maple Leafs. People will be all over this game with Auston Matthews most likely drawing the highest ownership. Matthews is $00000 on fanduel and his stat line last game was 4 goals on 6 shots. I feel that Matthews is a perfect fade tonight, as he is a rookie that will have ups and downs, and the Bruins will deploy some of the goons against him to slow him down. If your playing mutilple GPP line-ups I would throw him in one, but overall I would fade Matthews.
    W – Your second Chalk players from this game will be on the other bench, I foresee Brad Marchand eating up alot of ownership after his 5 point ( 2 G , 3 A on 7 shots) point game the other night. Out of Marchand and Matthews I prefer Marchand as he’s a proven player and Toronto will have a tough time shutting him down.
    D – The other night E Karlsson was 30.9% owned on a smaller slate, with the great game that he had and a bigger slate I expect his ownership to hover around the 25-30% mark again. Karlsson had 8 shots, with 1 goal and 2 assists. He also added 3 blocked shots for good measure. The Senators go up against the Montreal Canadians that are a good defensive team, and Ottawa will need Karlsson to throw a lot of puts at the net. The Canadians had 7 penalties last game and if they commit that many penalties again look for Karlsson to get some Power Play points.
    G – I DOn’t know yet
    Top Targets:
    C Cash – Ryan Getzlaf Anh $7600 – I really like Getzlaf for cash games, even if he doesn’t score you know he will have a high floor, with all the shots he takes and he’s good for a blocked shot or two.
    C Value – Nick Bonino Pit $4800 – Bonino plays on Pittsburgh’s second line with Phil Kessel, he also centers their top Power Play unit. Look for Bonino to have a solid night against the Ducks.
    W GPPAlex Ovechkin Was $8400 – Ovechkin is the ultimate GPP play as he seems like he takes the odd game off and the other he’ll produce highlight plays. I think that he will have a solid game tonight against the Islanders.
    W Value – Jaromir Jagr Fla $5800 – Jagr may arrive at the arena with a walker but when he gets on the ice he still has it in those old man legs. Jagr will be going up against the Red wings who were undisciplined last game and gave up 3 power play goals. Look for Jagr to net a power play goal in this one.
    W Value – Patrick Eaves Dal $4300 – Eaves plays on The Stars top scoring line with Benn and Seguin as well as their number 1 Power plays unit. To only pay $4300 to have access to Benn and Seguin is a elite value.
    D – P.K. Subban – Nash $6400 – Subban and Nashville goes up against the Blackhawks tonight who have allowed 6 goals on the penalty kill so far this year. Most early season stats can be over looked but you have to pay attention to this, the Blackhawks are a mess on the penalty kill, and I don’t think they will have time to fix it by tonights game look for Subban and Nashville’s power play to have a great game.
    D Value – Anton Stralman TB $4100 – Stralman plays on Tampa Bays Top defensive pairing as well as their number 1 power play, he played 23 minutes last game and look for him to be involved in some scoring in this one.
    Goalies – – looks like Bishop will sit so sub in A Vasilevskiy —When choosing your Goalie on Fanduel it’s important that 1st you pick a Goalie that’s in line for a sure win, and 2nd one that will face a lot of shots. Also when choosing a goalie I have no issues if you go with a chalk play. Goalies have a capped ceiling, as you won’t see them scoring goals, so it’s most important that they get that all important W. Tonights Top Goalie is Ben Bishop of the Tampa Bay Lighting , they are heavy favorites tonight against The New Jersey Devils, The Devils are not a high powered offensive team, and they only had 24 shots against Florida last game.

• julieduke33

Well their are no sure wins for goalies in the NHL…biggest mistake I see is when people compare goalies to pitchers in MLB … totally different , one pitchers control Ks to a degree, goalies don’t control shots… also goalie is capped… I prefer paying down for goalie unless I have the cash… unlike MLB guaranteed 13 wins for goalies tonight

• Codith

@julieduke33 said...

Drouin from TB 5400 for those with the wager…getting closer…

I can’t wait for that $10 haha

• snapped

@Olhausen said...

Now if they would just roll out decent Gpp prize pools we’d be golden. Today the Gpp prize structure is trash so I’m playing mostly FD and aces.

+1 to this. I play the QA and the prize pool has been shrinking every day. Only $1500 today and it was filled well over 2 hours before the slate is due to start.

• deejones49

Rolling out Mike Smith tonight

Top stack Colorado

• TimmerRC

Is she playing tonight? :)

• dude_abides7

Is FD gonna get that PHI2 line right anytime soon? They still have both Coots and Koni at the C.

• msuwhat

No one interested in rask? Toronto won’t be scoring 4 tonight. Last place last year with a 13-1 shot to goal ratio. A lot of junk shots

• julieduke33

@dude_abides7 said...

Is FD gonna get that PHI2 line right anytime soon? They still have both Coots and Koni at the C.

My guess is yes they fixed torontos young guns… today’s contests out before Philly played last night…

• yuda

@dude_abides7 said...

I kind of like when FD does this, much lower ownership on the stack. However, on a large slate like this I don’t think it matters all that much.

• yuda

@TicketRaven said...

Rask, Mason, Miller
    Do you like these matchups for these goalies tonight?

I like Rask. A lot of lineups will haveTOR in it so that could lower ownership on Rask.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler