NHL FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

10/15/2015 19:05 : 1 Nashville ( 110 ) at 2 N.Y. Islanders ( -130 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    10/15/2015 19:05 : 3 Ottawa ( 155 ) at 4 Pittsburgh ( -175 ) —- T: 5½u-30
    10/15/2015 19:05 : 5 Chicago ( -115 ) at 6 Washington ( -105 ) —- T: 5½u-30
    10/15/2015 19:35 : 7 Buffalo ( 170 ) at 8 Florida ( -200 ) —- T: 5½u-40
    10/15/2015 19:35 : 9 Dallas ( 155 ) at 10 Tampa Bay ( -175 ) —- T: 5½o-25
    10/15/2015 19:35 : 11 N.Y. Rangers ( 110 ) at 12 Montreal ( -130 ) —- T: 5o-21
    10/15/2015 21:05 : 13 St. Louis ( -155 ) at 14 Edmonton 135 ) —- T: 5½u-50
    10/15/2015 22:05 : 15 Minnesota ( -170 ) at 16 Arizona 150 ) —- T: 5½u-18

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• KnickNack

@maxeernst said...

Not sure which unit I think is more loaded—-that one or Benn / Seguin / Sharp / Spezza / Klingberg.

Probably the pens.

PENS line tonight but any other I would take Stars pp

• jm748227

Id say Pens. Id take Hornqvist/Letang over Spezza/Klingberg

• jm748227

@maxeernst said...

Not sure which unit I think is more loaded—-that one or Benn / Seguin / Sharp / Spezza / Klingberg.

Probably the pens.

Yep, id take Hornqvist/Letang over Spezza/Klingberg

• Pennywize69

Using the rotogrinders goalie/line page how do I know the lineups are confirmed? I’m new to NHL dfs so any help is appreciated..

• jm748227

i personally use leftwinglock or dailyfaceoff.

• scsa1998

As a Rangers fan I am terrified of the Canadians at the Bell Centre. That place has been a nightmare for Henrik. Even though he played well there during the playoffs.

• Pennywize69

Ok thanks. I wish it updated like the MLB lineups..

• dak879

Question about stacking players. Is it best to stack together a center and winger from the same line (so that if one scores, you have a good chance of getting the A also), or better to pick a player from top line and 2nd line (so that you have possibility of points regardless of which of the two top lines score)? Of course, have to factor in that second option is usually cheaper, since 2nd line player usually doesn’t cost the same as top line player.

• JJourneay33

@dak879 said...

Question about stacking players. Is it best to stack together a center and winger from the same line (so that if one scores, you have a good chance of getting the A also), or better to pick a player from top line and 2nd line (so that you have possibility of points regardless of which of the two top lines score)? Of course, have to factor in that second option is usually cheaper, since 2nd line player usually doesn’t cost the same as top line player.

New to hockey DFS, but i would try and get the best combination of first line, first PP, most teams they stay the same but sometimes a guy on the 2nd line is on the first PP instead of the guy on the first line. In that case id rather the first PP line, 2nd line guy. Hope that makes sense.

• JJourneay33

Goalie seems to be the hardest position to hit on. Do you guys look at lines when selecting your goalie or avoid goalies playing back-backs etc.

• Pennywize69

So you’re saying use the pp line as your guide for stacking?

• jm748227

You can talk about stacking unless you are refering to either cash or GPPs. Stacking has 2 different strategies in those games.

As for G selection the first thing i look at is vegas lines. However after that price is the next major thing i take into consideration. Is Price worth spending 9600 tonight in cash when there are good O that have good matchups or is it worth it to spend down so you can load up on O

• JJourneay33

I dont know what to trust when searching for power play lines. I stacked Arizona O (Vermette etc.) with Mike Smith last night because i thought they were Line 1/PP1 but ended up playing less than Domi, Duclaire. If there are teams out there that use guys at high usage in the power plays id love to know it haha

• jm748227

use leftwinglock and dailyfaceoff. It will show all the lines including PP

• thechampisback

@jm748227 said...

You can talk about stacking unless you are refering to either cash or GPPs. Stacking has 2 different strategies in those games.

As for G selection the first thing i look at is vegas lines. However after that price is the next major thing i take into consideration. Is Price worth spending 9600 tonight in cash when there are good O that have good matchups or is it worth it to spend down so you can load up on O

How would you stack for cash games? I only played GPPs last year so this is my first year playing cash.

• jm748227

in Cash i try to use the 3-3-2 method. 2 forwards and 1 Dman from 2 teams and 2 forwards from another

• dak879

@jm748227 said...

in Cash i try to use the 3-3-2 method. 2 forwards and 1 Dman from 2 teams and 2 forwards from another

So does your strategy usually start with picking the 3 teams you think are most likely to win (or at least score a lot), and then get onto picking the players that fit within your costs? And do you usually pick your goalie first? Or after you have done the above?

• jm748227

Goalie always comes first for me, typically i pick the cheapest goalie on the slate who is moderately to heavily favored to get the Win.

Forwards come from 3 teams that i have analyzed to score the most goals

• kdjac0434

@jm748227 said...

Goalie always comes first for me, typically i pick the cheapest goalie on the slate who is moderately to heavily favored to get the Win.

Forwards come from 3 teams that i have analyzed to score the most goals

Do you use forwards from the same line or one from each line?

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

Anybody like Florida tonight in gpp. I am in on Fla and OVI’s line tonight. Undecided in nets. I like Elliot and Luongo. I was debating Dubynk , too if Smith if out.

• chrisp200

BB is out for tonight’s game. Sprong on the 3rd line RW is sneaky. He will bury one tonight, mark my words.

• dak879

Torn between Elliott and Fleury. For Elliott, its a good team going against a bad team (and a team that doesn’t score much). For Fleury, Pens are due for a win while Sens are due to cool down (and Sens played just last night also).

• JackEichel

Elliot is an easy pick tonight

• NextSignal

Been having issues entering lineups on DK for about 15 minutes now. Anybody else?

• scsa1998

@NextSignal said...

Been having issues entering lineups on DK for about 15 minutes now. Anybody else?

Same issue, keep refreshing and then it works

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).