Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM : San Jose ( -105 ) at N.Y. Rangers ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:05 PM : Colorado ( 145 ) at Pittsburgh ( -165 ) —- T: 145
    7:35 PM : Ottawa ( 115 ) at Detroit ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    8:05 PM : Boston ( 0 ) at Winnipeg ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• julieduke33

@rachelkyle said...

Not really. They might be right today, but what are the odds that they stay that way? Plus its so easy to find the lines, I wouldn’t call it “all the research”

I didn’t even know FD they posted lines on their site…it’s not on the app is it?

• julieduke33

When did they add that???? Doesn’t really bother me though…didn’t bother me in MLB either

• julieduke33

Hell maybe new players will just play guys on line 1 thinking they are always the best plays

• scsa1998

@julieduke33 said...

When did they add that???? Doesn’t really bother me though…didn’t bother me in MLB either

I saw it 1st when it was posted in the other thread. Thats a good point that I didn’t really think of not much different then batting order being posted in baseball.

• garybmw

I cant even understand why these DK Snipers are filling up, whats the point of even playing vs 20,000 people when all you can win is 1k ? I remember the poke check last year top prize was 1k with barely 1,000 entries. Now Saahil and these bulk guys are all entering 150 lineups, so all the pros are spending $450 each to compete with each other to try to what, have 1 person double his money? This has to get fixed this is pointless. I think I played like 10 double up last year in total, this year thats all I have been playing

• cplatt87

@maxeernst said...

I don’t mind the spot for GPPs. NYR should get plenty of shots too, but it’s not like he’ll be crazy low owned.

Just don’t think it’s a 100% spot.

Honestly no goalies really jump off the page to me either that I’d rather play.

Ott/Det smells like a 5-4 kind of game so I’m not touching either one there. Col/Pit kind of feels the same way, although Fleury is probably the safest goalie on the board, and I have no idea what to make of this Bos/Wpg game (although I think I prefer Rask over Hellebuyck), so Jones kinda just made his way into every lineup I’ve made so far.

It is early though, so I might change some things around yet.

• cplatt87

@garybmw said...

I cant even understand why these DK Snipers are filling up, whats the point of even playing vs 20,000 people when all you can win is 1k ? I remember the poke check last year top prize was 1k with barely 1,000 entries. Now Saahil and these bulk guys are all entering 150 lineups, so all the pros are spending $450 each to compete with each other to try to what, have 1 person double his money? This has to get fixed this is pointless. I think I played like 10 double up last year in total, this year thats all I have been playing

Agree with this. The flat payouts in the Sniper to start the year have been pretty disappointing.

I only run ~5 lineups a night in tournaments, so for me it’s still worth it to play the Sniper on smaller slates, but if the payouts stay this way on bigger slates throughout the season I’m going to just run all my tournament exposure into cash games until they adjust the pay out structure.

• julieduke33

Also the projected goalies aren’t right as of now…

• Supersharpie

@Olhausen said...

Huh? These threads have been much bigger this season so far. As another poster said it’s a small slate but last season even with big slates it was rare to see more then 3 pages.

Yeah, I have no clue what this guy is taking about. There were plenty of days when the NHL threads didn’t get to Page 2 last year.

• maxeernst

@cplatt87 said...

Honestly no goalies really jump off the page to me either that I’d rather play.

Ott/Det smells like a 5-4 kind of game so I’m not touching either one there. Col/Pit kind of feels the same way, although Fleury is probably the safest goalie on the board, and I have no idea what to make of this Bos/Wpg game (although I think I prefer Rask over Hellebuyck), so Jones kinda just made his way into every lineup I’ve made so far.

It is early though, so I might change some things around yet.

You take all the Jones, I’ll probably have all the NYR stacks.

• bequettem

Max, are you going to put your rankings in for the Consensus today?

• cplatt87

@maxeernst said...

You take all the Jones, I’ll probably have all the NYR stacks.

May the best man win!

• msuwhat

I’ll take mrazek tonight. Lost two games and still ended up in the positive. With a win tonight he will get 6-7 points. Wings d is bad and allows a lot of shots:

• maxeernst

@bequettem said...

Max, are you going to put your rankings in for the Consensus today?

Alas, they don’t have me doing them on Mondays. Just Tues-Friday. If you follow me on twitter and @ me there, I will put out a quick rundown

• maxeernst

@msuwhat said...

I’ll take mrazek tonight. Lost two games and still ended up in the positive. With a win tonight he will get 6-7 points. Wings d is bad and allows a lot of shots:

Are they bad though? Or are you just looking at a small sample….

They were nearly best in the NHL in suppressing shots (CA/60) last year…

• scsa1998

I want to play Det2 but lineup construction leads me to Det1. Is this a mistake?( DK lineup)

• atrain00

Hot take: this is going to be the highest scoring 4 game slate of the season with OTT v DET with most combined goals

• maxeernst

@scsa1998 said...

I want to play Det2 but lineup construction leads me to Det1. Is this a mistake?( DK lineup)

Both are firmly in play IMO. Not sure what you are calling DET2, but the Tatar Larkin Zett combo is the best line

• scsa1998

@maxeernst said...

Both are firmly in play IMO. Not sure what you are calling DET2, but the Tatar Larkin Zett combo is the best line

Thats the line I want to play. But I’m paying for Burns and Letang on D so I could use the savings that Sheahan provides.

• bequettem

Max, just hit you up on twitter

• julieduke33

Is their a reason the RG app doesn’t include NHL???

• donkshow

@julieduke33 said...

Is their a reason the RG app doesn’t include NHL???

Nobody cares about NHL. You should know this by now.

• dyavid

Keep an eye out for Bergeron playing (he’s a gametime decision).. not only will he be low owed because of his injury designation but him playing will be a boost for Marchand, Pastrnak and Rask.

-edit he’s been ruled out so dont listen to me!

• ScottyP33

I see one game being low scoring of the four. Should be lots of fantasy goodness out there tonight. A great short slate GPP lineup building kind of night.

• julieduke33

@dyavid said...

Keep an eye out for Bergeron playing (he’s a gametime decision).. not only will he be low owed because of his injury designation but him playing will be a boost for Marchand, Pastrnak and Rask.

According to rotoworld, Bergeron out tonight…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler