Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM : San Jose ( -105 ) at N.Y. Rangers ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:05 PM : Colorado ( 145 ) at Pittsburgh ( -165 ) —- T: 145
    7:35 PM : Ottawa ( 115 ) at Detroit ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    8:05 PM : Boston ( 0 ) at Winnipeg ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Olhausen

@SouthernShield said...

How so?

They literally have a warning at the top about how the regular goalies aren’t starting in some games. Then they go on to name all the backup goalies who are starting.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

Is free time a skill?

I don’t play on FD but it doesn’t seem a big deal, if your chances of cashing rest on opponents picking a goalie that doesn’t start what does it say about your skills?

• Zieg30

If one is confident in ones’ NHL DFS ability, one shouldn’t be too concerned about FD lessening the likelihood that new or unaware DFS’ers roster starting goalies who have the night off. Those lineups should not be a serious threat to any players who actually do research regardless.

I’d also note that DK has been marking the starting goalies for awhile now.

• garybmw

Gotta be nice to the NFL players

• tvsfrink

Is this “help” any different than checkmarks next to pitcher and batter names?

• scsa1998

@Zieg30 said...

I’d also note that DK has been marking the starting goalies for awhile now.

Yes they have a probable starting goalie for a while but not a banner at the top saying this normal starting goalie is not starting.

• SouthernShield

@theoddsmaker said...

Well for starters did you see the note on the lineup page notifying people which starting goalies are resting today and the backups that are starting? I mean it’s DFS 101 to put in the 10 seconds to check a starting goalie site. Not sure why they have to go out of their way to point it out on the LU page. Then they have which line each guy is on. Not only is it eliminating some of the skill aspect but it also puts them in a spot where displaying too much info they will surely be “wrong” about and even mis-lead people.

I know I will get, who cares if they display this info. I agree that about 95% of the people playing today will already know most of the info they are displaying and I will get “true skill is in picking the players”. Obviously..I’m not an idiot. There is still a TON of variance that we can never account for. So with the increasing rake, if we are reducing (even if it’s small) part of the game we would certainly define as “skill”, that is a MAJOR concern for the industry long term.

I mean weren’t we just in court the past year defending the “skill” aspect of DFS? If we start chipping away at that I just think it’s a huge contradiction.

I hadn’t even noticed that, but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Still have to pick the right guy(s) and then have them play well.

I do agree they could be in an oops situation if they post incorrect info.

• scsa1998

@tvsfrink said...

Is this “help” any different than checkmarks next to pitcher and batter names?

the banner is like saying Steph Curry will rest tonight. Do not play him. Play Livingston instead.

• tvsfrink

@scsa1998 said...

the banner is like saying Steph Curry will rest tonight. Do not play him. Play Livingston instead.

DK does the banner thing from time to time in baseball, I believe. With PPDs too.

• scsa1998

@tvsfrink said...

DK does the banner thing from time to time in baseball, I believe. With PPDs too.

With PPDs and trades but I have never seen a banner that says player X is out.

• Zieg30

@theoddsmaker said...

I mean it’s DFS 101 to put in the 10 seconds to check a starting goalie site.

It may take 10 seconds’ worth of extra effort to check a starting goalie site, but I would not consider there to be any correlation between that effort and “skill”. Alerting players to what goalies are starting that night does not lessen the “skill” required to win any given night by even 0.1%. It’s apples and oranges.

• awilson45

The Cullen one off prevails!

• TicketRaven

true exactly – the visits to these sites are higher than ever – they are trying to make playing easier for all by feeding regular run of the mill DFS folks a reason to play – helping them by aiding their effort with stats, updates, and “help” info to be competitive out of the gate.

• TicketRaven

Avs ready for a 2-man adv

• tristanwolf

erik karlsson 26% and 28% owned in my slates. i figured him 40-50%. don’t see how you fade him on a 4 gm.

• atrain00

ended up going all in on ya boy Phil because of his splits in wins vs losses and Colorado being a garbage team check em out http://www.espn.com/nhl/player/splits/_/id/3479/year/2016/phil-kessel

• TimmerRC

@tristanwolf said...

erik karlsson 26% and 28% owned in my slates. i figured him 40-50%. don’t see how you fade him on a 4 gm.

Because that same 4 game slate also had Brent Burns and Byfuglien, maybe?

• choppadown

@TicketRaven said...

true exactly – the visits to these sites are higher than ever – they are trying to make playing easier for all by feeding regular run of the mill DFS folks a reason to play – helping them by aiding their effort with stats, updates, and “help” info to be competitive out of the gate.

Exactly my feeling. Probably the same reason they made the NFL slate Sunday only as the main now. Because of churn and to keep money constantly in play.

• TimmerRC

What is the farthest the NHL has ever gone into a season without a true shutout? The scoring so far this year has been ridiculous! (Fun too, though, of course, I’m not complaining!)

• qatman

Vanek is doing nicely so far.

• choppadown

Just gonna say that I had a lot of Hammond and Raata. Really didn’t see DET lighting them up tonight. Damn.

• scsa1998

Kreider is so good when he tries.

• Yacht67

Was not expecting this from jones and Fleury.

• maxeernst

@tristanwolf said...

Letang… Burns… Byfuglien even…

• awilson45

@Yacht67 said...

Was not expecting this from jones and Fleury.

They’re both facing good teams

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler