NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NHL? Come get in on some NHL talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nhl..

7:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -115 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    7:05 PM :  Florida ( 120 ) at  Philadelphia ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    7:05 PM :  Toronto ( 125 ) at  Washington ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:35 PM :  Tampa Bay ( 0 ) at  New Jersey ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Vancouver ( 160 ) at  Ottawa ( -185 ) —- T: 160
    8:05 PM :  Colorado ( 170 ) at  Nashville ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    8:05 PM :  Columbus ( -110 ) at  Winnipeg ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    8:35 PM :  Arizona ( 140 ) at  Dallas ( -160 ) —- T: 140
    9:05 PM :  Carolina ( 130 ) at  Edmonton ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    10:05 PM :  Buffalo ( -115 ) at  Vegas ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    10:35 PM :  Montreal ( 0 ) at  San Jose ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• alyeska_skibum

Adin Hill in net for Arizona today?
    https://twitter.com/davest4yotes/status/920331209623965696

• dyavid

@sizzlebeans said...

Sharks are playing like crap right now and we chased Price off the ice last year. I’m going to go against my rooting allegiances and have some Price in my LUs tonight.

Price is one of two cheap goalies against teams that arent playing well i’ll have some shares of. the other being darling. its a risky play but oilers have not looked good and with draisaitl out they are even worse. carolina is a fast defensive team with three lines, i think it could be a good matchup for them.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@TimmerRC said...

Out of curiosity, why is EDM an obvious stack? They’ve kind of stunk this year and Draisaitl is out?

They’re playing at home against Scott Darling, who has a 0.893 save % after 3 games. McDavid plays more than 20 minutes per game but hasn’t scored a goal in his last 3 games despite shooting 12 times. Maroon hasn’t scored yet with 8 shots and same for Yamamoto with 10 shots. Klefbom hasn’t registered a point yet but has 15 shots on goal and plays 23 minutes per game.

Edmonton’s first line always has the potential to explode and I think tonight is the night, but it may not be as obvious as I thought, which is a good thing if it means that its ownership won’t be that high.

• Felixxberg

That being said, with all those second goalies starting, I might as well just skip tonight’s slate. It’s too hard to predict.

• jsul1975

@TimmerRC said...

Obvious stacks in my opinion are: Washington, Nashville, Dallas, Edmonton. There are a lot of good stacks but anyway, with 11 games on the slate, anything can happen.

I’m stacking Washington and Dallas

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@dyavid said...

Who is your #1? Bishop?

Actually Price because both teams can’t score and he’s the better and cheaper of the 2

Edit: To add to that I’m attacking Bishop with ARI L1 because they make a nice value stack and play on PP1. Just saw they account for 56% of ARI’s goals too.

• Felixxberg

@jsul1975 said...

I’m stacking Washington and Dallas

Hard to do within the cap but possible.

• Blahaaron

Going with Price, Subban, Murray and Bishop

• jsul1975

@Felixxberg said...

Hard to do within the cap but possible.

it was very hard to do to keep it under the cap. I had to get cheap defenseman to make it work.

• THESMARTERLODATO

Hartnell and Pekka or Dadanov and M Subban?

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@THESMARTERLODATO said...

Hartnell and Pekka

I do not think Subban is any good which seems to be why Boston waived him IMO.

• Felixxberg

@jsul1975 said...

it was very hard to do to keep it under the cap. I had to get cheap defenseman to make it work.

I went 2-2-2 to fit them with Bishop. We’ll see how that goes!

• TimmerRC

@Felixxberg said...

They’re playing at home against Scott Darling, who has a 0.893 save % after 3 games. McDavid plays more than 20 minutes per game but hasn’t scored a goal in his last 3 games despite shooting 12 times. Maroon hasn’t scored yet with 8 shots and same for Yamamoto with 10 shots. Klefbom hasn’t registered a point yet but has 15 shots on goal and plays 23 minutes per game.

Edmonton’s first line always has the potential to explode and I think tonight is the night, but it may not be as obvious as I thought, which is a good thing if it means that its ownership won’t be that high.

I see, so yes I see how just based on the idea that their luck should improve soon, they would make a decent GPP stack, maybe not obvious, then, but at least playable. The only thing for me is that I don’t like playing the “any minute now” game with entire stacks, as if it takes even just one more game for the luck to turn around than I had hoped, my money is gone. I like the idea of a one-off Yamamoto or something added onto other stacks, though.

FWIW, I think the ceiling for the Oil is 3 goals tonight. I hope I’m wrong, as I’m a huge fan, but I won’t bet o it, personally.

• Felixxberg

@TimmerRC said...

I see, so yes I see how just based on the idea that their luck should improve soon, they would make a decent GPP stack, maybe not obvious, then, but at least playable. The only thing for me is that I don’t like playing the “any minute now” game with entire stacks, as if it takes even just one more game for the luck to turn around than I had hoped, my money is gone. I like the idea of a one-off Yamamoto or something added onto other stacks, though.

FWIW, I think the ceiling for the Oil is 3 goals tonight. I hope I’m wrong, as I’m a huge fan, but I won’t bet o it, personally.

Cam Ward is in the crease for tonight instead of Darling. Last year, on the road, he had a 0.892 save % and a 3.06 GAA. I do hope that the Oilers will score a little more than 3 goals, but if they score 3 with the same line, I’m okay with that!

On a slate like tonight, with 11 games/22 teams and 8 confirmed second goalies, it is highly unpredictable anyway and there are a lot of other great options, but I will sprinkle my lineups with them for sure.

Speaking of great options, I see that Adin Hill had a 0.906 save % and a 3.16 GAA last year IN THE AHL (!!). A Dallas stack is almost too obvious to be worth it, but at the same time I prefer to play them and see them end up with nothing than to fade them and see them explode.

• sizzlebeans

RE: Adin Hill

“Hill, who has a .968 save percentage, 0.65 goals-against average and a shutout in two games with the Roadrunners this season.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nhl/coyotes/2017/10/16/arizona-coyotes-rick-tocchet-dallas-stars/770427001/

• alyeska_skibum

@Felixxberg said...

A Dallas stack is almost too obvious to be worth it, but at the same time I prefer to play them and see them end up with nothing than to fade them and see them explode.

Agreed. Its almost always Boom or Bust their 1st time in the crease. As a fellow goalie I’m rooting for him. But as somebody whos stacking DAL, I hope he gets blown out of the water.

• Felixxberg

@sizzlebeans said...

RE: Adin Hill

“Hill, who has a .968 save percentage, 0.65 goals-against average and a shutout in two games with the Roadrunners this season.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nhl/coyotes/2017/10/16/arizona-coyotes-rick-tocchet-dallas-stars/770427001/

He only received a total of 31 shots in 2 games, so that’s why I took last year’s stats, but maybe he has gotten better this year.

• cchap2

Does Radulov get off the schnive tonight?

• inB4win

@cchap2 said...

Does Radulov get off the schnive tonight?

Its only a matter of time. Hes been putting himself in good positions to score and playing well.

• lasimmon

Edm may explode finally, but with McL as the coach its too risky to play Yamamoto. One bad play on the first shift and he will be riding pine/playing 4th line.

• usna1993

Seantors tonight?? They look like a good play

• TAJ1453

I’m only playing the latest two game slate tonight. On slates like that is it common to have a decent
    Amount of money left over?

• ericgeo18

Looks like Josi is back tonight. Girard skated w/ the scratches this morning, so there goes a value defenseman.

• inB4win

@usna1993 said...

Seantors tonight?? They look like a good play

I like the Sens L2

• Felixxberg

@TAJ1453 said...

I’m only playing the latest two game slate tonight. On slates like that is it common to have a decent
    Amount of money left over?

Yep. Sometimes in smaller slates there are almost no expensive players. Tonight, if you fade Burns or if you play 2nd-3rd liners, you will have money left for sure.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).