Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 0 ) at  Washington ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  St. Louis ( -105 ) at  Montreal ( -115 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    9:35 PM :  Boston ( -105 ) at  Calgary ( -115 ) —- T: 6u-20
    10:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 0 ) at  Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• scsa1998

@Felixxberg said...

Ryan Getzlaf (groin) skating with Rickard Rakell and Troy Terry. Promising sign there. Jakob Silfverberg (upper body) and Carter Rowney (upper body) not skating. Not a promising sign there.

Source: https://twitter.com/icemancometh/status/1052260360743313408

Let me guess no sign as to who is starting for the Ducks.

They are right up there with the Kings as the worst at announcing goalies

• fantasybender

Hi everyone! Didn’t play NHL regularly in 2017 but am back full time for 2018 and looking forward to a quality season. Glad to see some recognizable names like Zieg30 are still in action (I was tracking his lineups years ago when a 5.5 over/under was a lot of goals).

I like the attitude of this Blahaaron guy – I know you’ll bink at least one this season. Also saw Felixxberg coming in hot with mass entries last night – 41% connaughton being the most notable play. Good shot/block volume from him so far this season and I liked the play.

Anyways, I’m looking forward to bringing my game theory-esk approach to the table and bouncing some ideas around. Just wanted to start with a friendly hello to all!

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@scsa1998 said...

Let me guess no sign as to who is starting for the Ducks.

They are right up there with the Kings as the worst at announcing goalies

You guessed it right! They always play late and never give any info, so it’s hard to build lineups with them.

• Edgeco17

Thoughts on NYI1?

• KindGuy

@stellagirl said...

Here is an example. Looking at ANA, all forward combinations in all game situations. Total GF number is 25, yet ANA has only scored 17 goals

http://corsica.hockey/line-stats/?season=20182019&player=&team=ANA&game_state=Any&options=Aggregate&session=Any&venue=Any&report=Summary&min_toi=0&tab=

Hmmm that is weird……

• Felixxberg

@fantasybender said...

Hi everyone! Didn’t play NHL regularly in 2017 but am back full time for 2018 and looking forward to a quality season. Glad to see some recognizable names like Zieg30 are still in action (I was tracking his lineups years ago when a 5.5 over/under was a lot of goals).

I like the attitude of this Blahaaron guy – I know you’ll bink at least one this season. Also saw Felixxberg coming in hot with mass entries last night – 41% connaughton being the most notable play. Good shot/block volume from him so far this season and I liked the play.

Anyways, I’m looking forward to bringing my game theory-esk approach to the table and bouncing some ideas around. Just wanted to start with a friendly hello to all!

Hello sir! I see you have some nice NHL results from a long time ago!

Blahaaron will for sure win a GPP this season! I ultimately came out with losing money last night, but it’s mostly due to the bad prize structure. I had a lineup with the top two lines of the night, but I had 0 TB2, which is why I got crushed.

Yep, I had 41% Connauton. This guy always puts up 2-2.5 DK points and sometimes surprises me with 5-8 DK points, always at near minimum salary.

I normally have a very very tight D core. I don’t always go with correlated D. I try to look for Ds with good floor instead of upside, because Ds almost never hit their upside anyway. For that reason, I don’t like Ds like McAvoy, who have a floor of 0. I prefer Ds like Edler.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@fantasybender said...

Welcome back!

And, ha, well I’m glad you skipped following me in 2017 because it was a pretty down year overall!

Hope things go well for you upon your return.

• Syzltuth

Just rearranged my lu while I wait on silvferberg in case Getzlaf is back and skating with Kesler so I can fit the 2 centers together

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

Yep, I had 41% Connauton. This guy always puts up 2-2.5 DK points and sometimes surprises me with 5-8 DK points, always at near minimum salary.

I normally have a very very tight D core. I don’t always go with correlated D. I try to look for Ds with good floor instead of upside, because Ds almost never hit their upside anyway. For that reason, I don’t like Ds like McAvoy, who have a floor of 0. I prefer Ds like Edler.

My TB2-VGK1 lineup last night was dragged down by Hunt as a correlated PP1 D. Had a lot of potential otherwise, though was going to be stuck behind your best one unless Hunt had a huge game himself.

I agree completely with your comments about the Two-Man v. the Line Change. I only may play the former as I want to play more than 3 lineups tonight. It’s payout structure is atrocious, though.

• scsa1998

@Felixxberg said...

You guessed it right! They always play late and never give any info, so it’s hard to build lineups with them.

I put in Gibson and will go down to Miller if needed. I do have some NYI2 so hoping its Miller.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Felixxberg said...

For that reason, I don’t like Ds like McAvoy, who have a floor of 0. I prefer Ds like Edler.

I get what you are saying… but seems to me that nearly everyone has a floor of zero in NHL… if I am not mistaken I got a 0.5 from Stamkos/Kuch combined and 1.5 from Crosby/Hornqvist a few days ago :)

• fantasybender

@Zieg30 – thank you, best of luck to you as well!

@Felixxberg – I like the D reasoning, especially when you have forward-heavy lineups with minimal salary left.

You guys are both right about the two-man. I submit a mere 2-4 lineups per slate so 20% to first is simply out of the question for me vs 7k field. I didn’t like the $20 structure yesterday either but they left me no better options. Might have to adopt a max enter strategy to counter but am still feeling out the tourny offerings for now

• dyavid

@Unico10 said...

I get what you are saying… but seems to me that nearly everyone has a floor of zero in NHL… if I am not mistaken I got a 0.5 from Stamkos/Kuch combined and 1.5 from Crosby/Hornqvist a few days ago :)

D’s that get 25 mins a night and play both PP/PK generally have a higher floor than top end forwards because no matter the game flow, they will be utilized. if they are winning, they are blocking shots and if they are losing, they are on the attack taking shots. A guy like giordano is a good example, even when he doesn’t get a point he’s still get 2.5 dk points

so basically he’s looking for a floor with his D and upside with his forwards.

• Felixxberg

@dyavid said...

You got it right. That’s exactly how I see/play it!

• Felixxberg

@fantasybender said...

I didn’t like the $20 structure yesterday either but they left me no better options. Might have to adopt a max enter strategy to counter but am still feeling out the tourny offerings for now

Same here. Tonight’s Line Change is more than decent!

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Blahaaron said...

They said they will keep it in mind for future contests. About the 25 cent one. I think you should ask them too because if more than one person asks maybe they’ll be more open to it.

Alright I’ll ask as well. They would easily fill!

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@fantasybender said...

Always up for new ideas around here! Welcome back and good luck this season.

• Blahaaron

Hey dude, welcome to the show. It’s gonna be a long season. Plenty of chances for all of us to to win a GPP.

• stellagirl

@Felixxberg said...

You got it right. That’s exactly how I see/play it!

Yep, i go to d-men like Russell, Ceci, Edler, Greene, Martinez, and a few others in my lu’s for the exact same reason.

• Felixxberg

@stellagirl said...

Yep, i go to d-men like Russell, Ceci, Edler, Greene, Martinez, and a few others in my lu’s for the exact same reason.

Yep! Tonight, Ouellet is on my radar. He doesn’t play that much, but he makes the best of this time on ice. I like MTL’s Ds in general because they are super cheap (except Petry).

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@dyavid said...

D’s that get 25 mins a night and play both PP/PK generally have a higher floor than top end forwards because no matter the game flow, they will be utilized. if they are winning, they are blocking shots and if they are losing, they are on the attack taking shots. A guy like giordano is a good example, even when he doesn’t get a point he’s still get 2.5 dk points

I got the strategy which is also mine… my tongue-in-cheek comment is simply that, much like mlb, floor is kind of elusive because everyone can get out of a game… even well played… with 0 fpts.

But yes. of course. It’s smarter to look for upside with your lines

• Blahaaron

@Felixxberg said...

Yep! Tonight, Ouellet is on my radar. He doesn’t play that much, but he makes the best of this time on ice. I like MTL’s Ds in general because they are super cheap (except Petry).

He shoots a lot for his price. I play him any chance I get.

• Blahaaron

@Unico10 said...

I got the strategy which is also mine… my tongue-in-cheek comment is simply that, much like mlb, floor is kind of elusive because everyone can get out of a game… even well played… with 0 fpts.

But yes. of course. It’s smarter to look for upside with your lines

Marner has had a couple of 0’s this season already 🤦🏻‍♂️

• BarDown

Anyone know what the correct Islanders lines are tonight? I think they could be sneaky with a lot of Ducks hurt

• fantasybender

@hautalak said...

Always up for new ideas around here! Welcome back and good luck this season.

Thank you, you as well!

I’m liking the idea of two sub-optimal lines with Carlson squeezed in. For some reason, Lars Eller keeps coming up as a legitimate play in my research. WSH1 will likely produce, and the price is right at just 19.1k. Some of that merit will be offset by high ownership, and I’m going to take my chances by favoring more evenly distributed scoring from WSH lines tonight.

I also like the idea of an ANH full team stack tonight because I know loumister35 will do it and he’s a pretty good player. BOS1/WSH3 is the devil in my ear that I’ll likely ignore.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).