7:35 PM : Arizona ( 0 ) at Montreal ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM : Washington ( -125 ) at Florida ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    7:35 PM : Colorado ( 160 ) at Tampa Bay ( -180 ) —- T: 160
    8:05 PM : Toronto ( 155 ) at Minnesota ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    8:35 PM : Los Angeles ( 130 ) at Dallas ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    9:05 PM : St. Louis ( -125 ) at Edmonton ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    9:05 PM : Carolina ( 130 ) at Calgary ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    10:05 PM : Buffalo ( 120 ) at Vancouver ( -140 ) —- T: 120

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• savedatmoneyquan

@maxeernst said...

Real question is what you consider to be L3…. Looks sort of like 2a/2b to me.

Wait. More like 3a/3b hahaha

Basically just going by the starting line ups page

Sharp, Ritche and Shore. Can really fit in other elite lines around them. just depends if they get enough playing time.

• brad1230

for what its worth, LeftWingLock says that this has effectively been the PP2. The Kucherov/Killorn/Point/Drouin/ group has seen more time. I like Killorn a lot at 4400 in DK

http://leftwinglock.com/line-combinations/tampa-bay-lightning/?team=tampa-bay-lightning&strength=PP&gametype=ALL

• dyavid

I love drouin with stamkos. get exposure to both PP units and the top line.

• dyavid

bruins home opener tonight and Bergeron is back. L1 and rask are great plays

• Codith

Drouin is my franks hot sauce, I put that **** on everything.

Also my fav D pairings of the night are Burns/Fowler, Klingberg/Ghost, Petry/Burns.

Goalies

Bishop
    Rask
    Markstrom

• Olhausen

@dyavid said...

bruins home opener tonight and Bergeron is back. L1 and rask are great plays

Rask won me some decent coin the last time he played.

• dyavid

@Codith said...

Drouin is my franks hot sauce, I put that **** on everything.

Also my fav D pairings of the night are Burns/Fowler, Klingberg/Ghost, Petry/Burns.

Goalies

Bishop
    Rask
    Markstrom

i love DAL1 with klingberg. Going to have to try to get ghost on there too

• Doornumber03

Max…Who do you like in the mid 4K range for Defense on DK. Thinking Markov…but the Canadiens D scares me and no PP time

• TheRyanFlaherty

I’ve noticed lots of criticisms with the DK $3 GPP structure of late so I was curious and was checking it out…
    Did I do the math right and that;s actually paying out over 30%?
    That’s pretty crazy, and I’m someone that’s argued for higher payout percentages in the past, but when I’ve done that it’s for around 20%.

Anyways, if that is the case, I wonder if it’s being done as some sort of a positive reinforcement/conditioning thing.
    If they assumed a large number of players would be trying NHL at the start of the season, then allowing an extra 10% to “win” each night could be done in hopes of hooking more players and providing positive experiences that encourage them to continue playing the NHL (even after NBA starts, football dies down, etc.)

That’s the best I could come up with when trying to think of the “why” from DraftKings point of view.
    Which is interesting since it does seem to be the opposite of how they’ve operated in the past. Maybe they realized the “Hey look at this Jackpot one person wins” was great at bringing people in, but not in retaining players. It’s easy to forget a lot of people in that tournament may play $3 and be pleased to place and “win” $5. It’‘s a positive experience that makes them want to play again. 30% let’s you win more often, which could keep a player coming back even if they are losing money overall. In that regard, and from what I’ve seen recently, it seems like they are moving toward more of a slots machine (or scratch ticket) model. But that’s just me trying to make sense of it.

• dyavid

jaden schwartz is in tonight and slotted on that top line with steen and tarasenko

• maxeernst

@Doornumber03 said...

Max…Who do you like in the mid 4K range for Defense on DK. Thinking Markov…but the Canadiens D scares me and no PP time

Spurgeon…. maybe petry. Also some interest in Stralman, Hanifin.

Also, markov saw almost 40% of the PP time last game.

• savedatmoneyquan

Is Luango gpp playable at his salary? Shouldnt he face a lot of shots?

• maxeernst

@savedatmoneyquan said...

Is Luango gpp playable at his salary? Shouldnt he face a lot of shots?

If you are talking about DK (assume you are) yes and yes imo.

I actually thought long and hard about playing him in cash. Floor really should be there with the expected shot volume against.

• julieduke33

@Doornumber03 said...

Markov is on 1st PP …

• savedatmoneyquan

Yeah 7.4k on Dk seems like a great value even in a tough match up

• dyavid

@Doornumber03 said...

Markov is PP1 and all canadiens are good plays against a bad Arizona team without their starter.

Stralman at 4.6 and Streit 4.1 on DK both play on their top PP units

• savedatmoneyquan

Trevor Daley seems like a good value

• Robadob33

Devin shore/ Patrick Sharp on PP2 for a cheap duo

• dyavid

with letang out, justin schultz is on the point of PP1 according to DFO only 3.3

• aka_the_goat

He’s better when not playing on this line. He won’t get the volume of shots he needs to make value, especially with no PP minutes. Just pay up for Tank if you like this line. He is basically guaranteed 5 shots.

• TJF74

Brayden Schenn returning from his suspension tonight. I also like Brayden Point. He has looked dangerous and isn’t afraid to shoot the puck. Not too many near minimum guys getting PP time.

• Doornumber03

Thanks….I somehow missed the last game, great to know. Spurg was definitely on the radar.
    Hope to hear you on more podcasts with Stevie! Was a great show last time.

• erictetzlaff

Absolutely on board with Lehtonen tonight.; he’s definitely worth a bullet or two and should be low owned.

• cplatt87

Who do you all like between Tyler Johnson and Victor Rask? I’m flipping back and forth between them since they’re the same price and each have equally good matchups.

• kleraudio

Is Corsica.hockey skaters tab like NEVER workin for you guys?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).