7:05 PM :  San Jose ( 0 ) at  Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  Minnesota ( 0 ) at  New Jersey ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -130 ) at  Ottawa ( 110 ) —- T: -130
    7:05 PM :  Colorado ( 140 ) at  Florida ( -160 ) —- T: 140
    8:05 PM :  Columbus ( 135 ) at  Dallas ( -155 ) —- T: 135
    8:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at  Nashville ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 140 ) at  Los Angeles ( -160 ) —- T: 140
    10:05 PM :  St. Louis ( -125 ) at  Calgary ( 105 ) —- T: -125

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Zieg30

@maxeernst said...

To be fair, your lineup probably would have been pretty different. Once you dropped from Steen to Perron, a bunch of salary opened up.

Definitely have to take into account any other repercussions of the switch for sure. In this case, I was doing a 4-4 stack, so would not have changed my skaters, but unquestionably would have gone up from both Markstrom and Budaj in each of the two lineups with that stack.

That would have put me into the Jones, Schneider, MAF, Vasilevsky, Dubnyk range, which would have helped or hindered me. I suspect I would have done one Schneider and one MAF as I was left wanting more of both when I completed my lineups. One would have put me in first for an even bigger win, the other would have tanked me, so still likely a big lost opportunity, but, you’re right, I can’t be 100% sure what I would have done.

Either way, I’m now as tilted as I was when Burns atypically couldn’t get more than 1.5 DK points to put me top 3 in a DK GPP late last year and when I switched Adam Jones for Grossman minutes before lock and Jones proceeded to hit 2 HRs a few months ago.

DFS can be a cruel (especially when you make unforced errors).

• TimmerRC

I’m happy to say that I won my first DFS tournament! At fantasyaces, I won the One-timer with a Chi/Phi heavy lineup… it’s not exactly big winnings, and certainly wasn’t against 30k entries like some of the big stuff on DK or FD, but a win is a win :)

(I was also extremely lucky that that was one of the lineups I ran Martin Jones out in goal… many of my other entries tonight had Fleury, lol)

• Zieg30

@TimmerRC said...

I’m happy to say that I won my first DFS tournament! At fantasyaces, I won the One-timer with a Chi/Phi heavy lineup… it’s not exactly big winnings, and certainly wasn’t against 30k entries like some of the big stuff on DK or FD, but a win is a win :)

Congrats! Always gratifying to take a tournament down, no matter the size!

• Olhausen

Well I cashed on FD DK and aces tonight which now means I’m winning every other night to start the season off so far. I’m just waiting for the variance monster to kick in soon.

• maxeernst

@Zieg30 said...

DFS can be a cruel (especially when you make unforced errors).

Variance is a bitch

• ASalvaro

@elementasrat said...

FLA 4 just scored. I’m done with this shit. This is worse than MLB.

this happens to me all the time! ..i stack teams who score 4 or 5 goals and with each goal i see on my scoreboard i get excited and i’m ALWAYS disappointed because some cheap 3rd line player always gets the goal instead of one of my high priced guys ..its insane…last week my teams had 11 goals and i only had ONE goal in my 4 players stacks!

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

@TimmerRC said...

(I was also extremely lucky that that was one of the lineups I ran Martin Jones out in goal… many of my other entries tonight had Fleury, lol)

That’s great. Congrats!! Any win is great.

After being shutout friday night completely after a nice Thursday night, I was mostly down last night. To be different, I took 2 H2H and won them both but my only gpp cash was with the Toronto stack with Weber and Price.

Just need to stick with it. Variance a bitch sometimes.

• dyavid

came close to winning my first gpp – the daily dollar on DK. was sitting in first until perron went off but still finished in 5th so im happy with that. I had Phi/Car game stack. i’m new to the RG community and really appreciate all the insight from everyone here. going to get that first win soon!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.