NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM : 1 Philadelphia ( 145 ) at 2 Montreal ( -165 ) —- T: 145
    8:35 PM : 3 Calgary ( 152 ) at 4 Chicago ( -169 ) —- T: 152

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• TicketRaven

Forsling is GPP sneaky meat for sure.
    I would also have some Manning to fill up our pork rolled low-priced D sausage of the day.

• wisertime

Chicago penalty kill has been horrible, but calgary power play has been worse. D. Hamilton is a reach, but my gut says he is due for a goal, as is calgary on the power play

• donkshow

What is TicketRaven going on about?

• JayWilly

• x3

2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@TicketRaven said...

Dee, Max and JayWilly – question for the experts on NHL DFS. I see many NHL DFS players ask questions on this forum about how to approach 4 game, 7 game, and 11 game slates (other combinations too – of course)

Questions:

A) If you select players from only 3 games on an 11 game slate – is it possible to be successful in GPP’s and/or cash that evening?

B) If you are playing GPP’s on an 11 game slate night and upload 50 lineups in one GPP Game – can use a formula of optimizing/picking 6 Centers, 12 Wingers, 6 Defenseman, and 3 Goalies w/ the UTIL position shuffled? Is this a successful recipe or something close to this?

C) If you are doing all of “B” but you are playing GPP’s on a 5 game slate night, could you still use that formula and be successful or would you be more inclined to have 3 Centers, 6 Wingers, 4 Defenseman, and 2 Goalies w/ the UTIL position shuffled?

D) Stacking combinations with LN2 players for a team and/or PP2 for any team – is this considered not recommended on a 10-game slate or higher? I have seen some players write here: I am using Rangers LN2 with LA Kings PP2 in my stacks tonight . . . (why they would do this on a 10-game slate or better is baffling to me)

Appreciate any comments from the three I respect most on this board. Good luck fellas! – Joe at TicketRaven

Hey, I’ll try to answer these as best I can.

A) Yes

B) I don’t upload lineups – I still do everything manually. And I don’t do what you’re suggesting, but I am pretty confident the recipe you mention would be successful.

C) Makes sense to remain more condensed on a shorter slate, but I don’t think it necessary.

D) 2nd line stacks are fine and useful if the upside is there.

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@donkshow said...

What is TicketRaven going on about?

Ticket Raven and Buda walk into a bar…

• kellykip

Not sure if this will be a popular view to take here, but I have picked up a lot of clues on next game usage by watching the previous game played.

There are times when a team is getting beaten pretty convincingly, but you are consistently seeing a 3rd line cycling really strong and controlling the pace when they are out there in the 3rd period, and there are not going to be results in the boxscore that hint to their control. Then the post game interviews, you hear that hint where the coach says something to the effect of going with the guys that are earning the increased ice time. Obviously it doesn’t always yield points, but I have latched onto some nice under the radar 3rd lines in the following game from observation alone.

• scsa1998

2nd Line stacks often get overlooked and on teams like the Rangers and the Lightining(Any team that get scoring from multiple lines) are usually an easy way to differentiate in tourneys.

• garybmw

Vegas lines have not moved an inch. Means only 1 of 2 things, Monday night football and nobody gives a sh8t about hockey. Or….. Even the big guys have no flippin idea who wins tonight

• scsa1998

@garybmw said...

Vegas lines have not moved an inch. Means only 1 of 2 things, Monday night football and nobody gives a sh8t about hockey

The rating in football will lead people to believe that nobody cares about Football anymore.

• TicketRaven

Thanks JayWilly – very helpful comments. You the man! Best of luck.

• TheRyanFlaherty

@garybmw said...

Vegas lines have not moved an inch. Means only 1 of 2 things, Monday night football and nobody gives a sh8t about hockey. Or….. Even the big guys have no flippin idea who wins tonight

Or C : They are fairly confident Montreal and Chicago are the correct plays and will win, but it’s not good enough to where a Sharp is going to want to throw lots of money in on a -160 (or higher) favorite.
    It’s the public that loves to bet favorites. So if the line doesn’t move much, I’d just assume it’s representative of not seeing value in those two underdogs.

• Yacht67

Wonder if the tournies will fill.

• Yacht67

Matt Reed in GPPs?

• Supersharpie

@Yacht67 said...

Wonder if the tournies will fill.

The Breakaway definitely will…no MLB and NBA tonight…where else would the degenerates find action on FD?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@scsa1998 said...

2nd Line stacks often get overlooked and on teams like the Rangers and the Lightining(Any team that get scoring from multiple lines) are usually an easy way to differentiate in tourneys.

Top lines on the road will also occasionally face an opposing team’s “shut down” line (for those that have them), thus making the second line more promising for that particular game.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Crap. Is it Chiasson or Frolik on CGY1 tonight?

• jonsousa46

@Zieg30 said...

Crap. Is it Chiasson or Frolik on CGY1 tonight?

DailyFaceoff has Chiasson slotting in on the top line tonight.

• scsa1998

@Zieg30 said...

Top lines on the road will also occasionally face an opposing team’s “shut down” line (for those that have them), thus making the second line more promising for that particular game.

Very true

• fildo22

I have $6,800 remaining salary on FD, is this somewhat reasonable on a two game slate?

• Robadob33

Any cheap, and I mean cheap defensemen in play tonight? I’ve seen forsling, anyone else?

• kdub

Entered 2 lineups today. Idk why though.. 2-game slates are ridiculous, I just did team stacks but I still have no confidence lol

• scsa1998

1 did one lineup in the sniper, 3 Habs, 5 Hawks, and 1 Flyers and lets hope for the best.

• Yacht67

1 snipe and 1 Breakaway. Very little money invested tonight.

• garybmw

maybe this is the wrong place to post this, but I am seriously confused at the double ups where there are 1000+ entries and the 3-5 pros having the same lineup. Just mathematically speaking here, if you are trying to be in the top 1000 lets say, and you and 3 of your buddies put in 3 lineups X 80 entries, then don’t the odds of every entry after the 1st decline in winning percentage? Im not a newbie but I just cant figure this reasoning out

• jaehachang

anyone on Brian Campbell tonight?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).