NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NHL? Come get in on some hockey talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nhl..

7:05 PM :  Anaheim ( -105 ) at  Philadelphia ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:05 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -105 ) at  Carolina ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:05 PM :  Arizona ( 160 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -185 ) —- T: 160
    7:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 130 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    7:35 PM :  Florida ( 110 ) at  Montreal ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:35 PM :  Detroit ( 105 ) at  Buffalo ( -125 ) —- T: 105
    7:35 PM :  Los Angeles ( 0 ) at  Ottawa ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 155 ) at  Minnesota ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    8:05 PM :  Calgary ( 120 ) at  Nashville ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    9:05 PM :  Dallas ( -135 ) at  Colorado ( 115 ) —- T: -135
    10:05 PM :  Chicago ( -190 ) at  Vegas ( 160 ) —- T: -190

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• habscards

I am all over Carey Price today. Habs are home and overly due for a win. My guess is that it will be a low scoring victory.

• Cal_Naughton_Jr

Great slate so many possible directions to attack

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Might not have time to do any lineups because of work today but can someone explain to me why Tampa Bay is the underdog? I get that Carolina is the home team and if you compare Tampa Bay’s away record vs Carolina’s home record they’re similar but still. Tampa Bay is on pure fire!

• inB4win

There is so many options to stack I’m staring at the screen with my eyes glazed over. PITT, TB, DAL, CHI, NYI main options. Even like MIN, FLA PHI too.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Prolly gonna take lots of BUF/DET since I can actually watch the game. I see that one being pretty high scoring I think.

• mathewsmarner

Prolly gonna take lots of BUF/DET since I can actually watch the game. I see that one being pretty high scoring I think.

first time i’m entering the forum league and you had to go and say something like that!
    j/k

but i’m laying off of detroit

• hautalak

• x2

Prolly won’t play the forum league tonight anyway. I just think this game is sneaky but coming from a bias Wings fan. It can go either way and I think I’ll avoid the goalies but I see lots of goals.

• hautalak

• x2

I’m behind on my NHL news with NBA & NFL taking my time. Lots of moving parts with the Wings. AA is coming back, which is great and he’s a dumbass for even holding out. Once he gets back in the lineup, I’ll fire him up. Might wait a few warmup games.

• Benn91

When VGK start Subban against BOS I was predicting a blowout and tonight it will be Dansk first nhl career game against a powerful CHI offense. I prefer not to say anything now but my god, how does VGK do it to shut down everyone so far!?

• StPaulMick

What up, hauta? AA’s done skating around in the KHL? It’s about time. Gotta have a few shares of Greene and AA for a gpp flier the first night he comes back; I think he’ll go low owned, no?

• keephustlincuz

@StPaulMick said...

What up, hauta? AA’s done skating around in the KHL? It’s about time. Gotta have a few shares of Greene and AA for a gpp flier the first night he comes back; I think he’ll go low owned, no?

Only 2 players I ever play on det are AA and mantha.

• StPaulMick

@Benn91 said...

When VGK start Subban against BOS I was predicting a blowout and tonight it will be Dansk first nhl career game against a powerful CHI offense.

What are they saying happened to him? I’ve been out at a wedding in Portland last week and I missed the entire last week. Lower body? Did he leave the Saturday game early?

• hautalak

• x2

@StPaulMick said...

I keep getting beat by the NFL that’s what haha Yeah I’m not sure how I missed it. The also traded Sheahan and Sproul (no DFS relevance). As for him, taking him the first night might not be bad and I think he will be low owned. It’s just a matter of who he plays with and how the team feels about his holdout. With the skid they’ve been on, I would hope the welcome him back with open arms begrudgingly because they need him and his speed!

• StPaulMick

@hautalak said...

I just think this game is sneaky but coming from a bias Wings fan.

I keep meaning to ask you this: how did you feel about winged wheel’s short-term acquisition of the hard-working Thomas Vanek last year?

• Mrmet8692

Is Athanasiou even going to play tonight? I read that there may be visa issues.

• DirtyDylz

If you like narrative plays (I love them!) Brock Boeser is playing in his home state for the first time, lots of friends and family there to watch, should give him a little extra jump.
    Mark Jankowski, called up for the Flames, has 1 career NHL game last year, but the weirdest 1st round pick of all time had a great camp and is finally getting a shot with the big club. Might be the homer in me, but as a Flames fan I’m very excited about Janko. He is on the “4th line” but playing with Lazar and Bennet should result in some opportunities, could be great value for 2500

• StPaulMick

@DirtyDylz said...

If you like narrative plays (I love them!) Brock Boeser is playing in his home state for the first time, lots of friends and family there to watch, should give him a little extra jump.
    Mark Jankowski, called up for the Flames, has 1 career NHL game last year, but the weirdest 1st round pick of all time had a great camp and is finally getting a shot with the big club. Might be the homer in me, but as a Flames fan I’m very excited about Janko. He is on the “4th line” but playing with Lazar and Bennet should result in some opportunities, could be great value for 2500

Great post! Thanks for the info.

• Felixxberg

@DirtyDylz said...

He has super good stats in the AHL. Let’s just hope they will try him on first line someday with Jagr injured.

• tristanwolf

@StPaulMick said...

What are they saying happened to him? I’ve been out at a wedding in Portland last week and I missed the entire last week. Lower body? Did he leave the Saturday game early?

yeah left saturday with 10 minutes left. lower body, i’d guess groin, 4 weeks out. so yeah blackhawks vs oscar dansk or maxime legacy will be chalky but i’ll sure have some shares.

• Felixxberg

@Benn91 said...

When VGK start Subban against BOS I was predicting a blowout and tonight it will be Dansk first nhl career game against a powerful CHI offense. I prefer not to say anything now but my god, how does VGK do it to shut down everyone so far!?

Only looking at stats, like I always am, I see that he always had a very average save % and GAA in every league he played since he was drafted. It may explain why he was drafted in 2012 but never played an NHL game before last game.

• inB4win

@Felixxberg said...

Might not have time to do any lineups because of work today but can someone explain to me why Tampa Bay is the underdog? I get that Carolina is the home team and if you compare Tampa Bay’s away record vs Carolina’s home record they’re similar but still. Tampa Bay is on pure fire!

TB relies heavy on the power play to score and CAR is the least most penalized team in the league with 16 minor penalties compared to the league avg being around 34. Seems to be weighting heavily on the line.

• StPaulMick

@tristanwolf said...

yeah left saturday with 10 minutes left. lower body, i’d guess groin, 4 weeks out. so yeah blackhawks vs oscar dansk or maxime legacy will be chalky but i’ll sure have some shares.

Wow, down two goalies in seven games, yeesh, that sucks. Flower will be back next Monday, so that’s two nights with a theoretically sub-Subban goalie in nets. Rocky times ahead!

• Felixxberg

@inB4win said...

TB relies heavy on the power play to score and CAR is the least most penalized team in the league with 16 minor penalties compared to the league avg being around 34. Seems to be weighting heavily on the line.

That’s an explanation that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

• hautalak

• x2

@StPaulMick said...

I keep meaning to ask you this: how did you feel about winged wheel’s short-term acquisition of the hard-working Thomas Vanek last year?

I loved it! We brought him in on a cheap deal and got nothing but consistent production. Honestly never thought it would amount to that much. I was hoping he would resign there but don’t blame him for moving on. Holland’s time has surely come and they will never address it. Too many Wings fans think we can somehow get Stevie Y. Newsflash, he’s doing just fine where he is.

• hautalak

• x2

@Mrmet8692 said...

Is Athanasiou even going to play tonight? I read that there may be visa issues.

I don’t think it’s even possible really. I just brought him up because it’s the first time I saw he got signed.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).