7:05 PM :  Minnesota ( -5½ -10 ) at  Charlotte ( 229u-10 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  New York ( 225½u-10 ) at  Brooklyn ( -9 -10 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Washington ( 219½o-13 ) at  Oklahoma City ( -8 -07 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Dallas ( 228u-10 ) at  New Orleans ( -2½ -10 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Chicago ( -1 -10 ) at  Memphis ( 222o-15 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Phoenix ( 221u-10 ) at  Denver ( -11 -10 ) —- T: 0
    10:05 PM :  Portland ( -2½ -10 ) at  Sacramento ( 225u-10 ) —- T: 0
    10:35 PM :  Utah ( 219u-10 ) at  L.A. Lakers ( -3½ -10 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Volkster6

Took it on the chin last two nights. Hoping for a rebound tonight. First glance let’s me like all the home teams #1.

Every road team played last night so we should see backup city. Everyone will go to Toronto 1 but DraftKings has not priced up TOR1 especially since they’re getting PP1 correlation so how can you blame the chalk.

You can easily fit in all 5 and maybe that’s the “contrarian” way to get exposure to them? Otherwise feeling the same way about Van1/PP1.

Both San Jose and Washington are at the top of the league in PIM both took 3 minors last night, both are on back to back. Don’t over think it today everyone!!!

(Says the guy who will spend the entire day wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overthinking it)

• NIN1002

Congrats to the top 3 in the Yahoo forum league last night. You guys crushed the rest of us!!

1. yisman: 111.0
    2. Stashu: 106.2
    3. Zieg30: 102.3

Some mighty impressive scores there and those were all easily in the money lineups (so I hoped you entered into many contests with them!!). :)

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 30 Player – Top 5 Results

keephustlincuz – 114.7
    whoisjohngalt420 – 113.2
    Felixxberg – 111.4
    TheDaz – 111
    tmquint11 – 110.8

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 30 Player – Top 5 (10/25 – 7 PM)

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/79157553

• stellagirl

@Volkster6 said...

Both San Jose and Washington are at the top of the league in PIM both took 3 minors last night, both are on back to back. Don’t over think it today everyone!!!

Not trying to talk you off of any plays, just keep in mind SJS has the #1 PK in the NHL at over 91%. They had 3 minors last night but killed them all.

• ferrara316

BH – the odds up top are for NBA

• stellagirl

On the road, on a B2B……. but this game sets up SO WELL for the Buffalo Sabers, otherwise.

Detroit is one of the worst defensive teams in the league and allowing 4.00 goals per game at home early in this season. Their PK is bottom 6 in the league while the Sabers have cooled off a little, are still a top 4 PP unit, and are a formidable 5th in the NHL in GF/60.

Am I crazy for firing up a few Saber onslaught stacks???

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I could see a DET/BUF game stack. I just refuse to believe DET can keep losing at this rate (but maybe that’s the reality). I hate how they start and win a few games then the “real” Wings show up blowing leads like it’s their job.

That being said I wouldn’t fault a BUF onslaught…

• PhoFever

This slate is full of peril, because even though all the road teams are on B2B, each of these teams has a lot of firepower, outside of the ARI (but then again even the Yotes have been playing very well and are a much better team than the Devils at present). Bad, bad night for cash. I see no way around spreading it out and stacking every team’s PP outside of COL.

• PujolsJunkie

Can the low dollar GPPs on DK be any worse? They’re so top heavy it’s embarrassing.

• stellagirl

Pho, agreed, very interesting matchups in tonight’s slate.

I am trying to whittle away a few teams to narrow my focus. WSH is one of those teams for me. VAN has played excellent team defense at home (top 3 in the NHL) and has allowed a grand total one 1 (one) PP goal so far at home. In fact, I might roll some Markstrom tonight. I just have a feeling WSH never gets it going.

NJD are broken, and are a near full fade for me until they are fixed. I am trying hard to find something to love in the NYI/OTT game…

The Sharks/Leafs game will make or break me. As a sharks fan, I usually either fade sharks games or only take the sharks side, so I can enjoy the game. But I cant see not having some leafs tonight. SJS2 have been on fire, as well.

• yisman

NIN, I entered three 50/50s and a “GPP” (10 entries) with my adjusted lineup https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/5694367/98702136

turns out I would’ve been better off using that lineup for the Cup and the Cup lineup in the paid contests as it made no difference in the paid contests.

• gairz

@PujolsJunkie said...

Can the low dollar GPPs on DK be any worse? They’re so top heavy it’s embarrassing.

please let them know not everybody spends $2,000 a night on DFS. Some actually play this for entertainment and throw 5 to $10 at it.
    There’s a complaint/comment thread on the main Forum page. thanks!

• hautalak

• x2

Always hard to give DK the benefit of the doubt when it comes to decisions and this matter is no different. For some reason they seem to be convinced it’s “new” people playing NHL and as soon as the NBA starts and has reasonable slates, people leave NHL. I don’t know what us NHL DFS’ers have to do to make them understand WE’RE STILL HERE and ready to play.

I don’t understand why they don’t strive for consistency (they self-admittedly do the exact opposite to keep the games “fresh”). Well guess what the game didn’t need “refreshed” nor is it the new guys that are playing. Contests will (I’ll say should b/c we’ve seen some bad unenterable ones) always fill no matter the day.

I was hopeful for contest sizing this year but it’s back to the beginning. Such a shame! Rant over.

• mr_papageorgio

@stellagirl said...

I am trying hard to find something to love in the NYI/OTT game…

My gut last night and now is that OTT1 does something tonight. Other than that I don’t see how you avoid TOR. Even with SJ being good on the PK TOR could still smash at even strength. VAN1 looks good too, I could see DET1 being worth a shot too. Lots of good spots tonight. I’ll let everyone know who I end up on so the rest of you can fade.

• yisman

Hischier back tonight

• PhoFever

@stellagirl said...

I am trying hard to find something to love in the NYI/OTT game…

The Islanders have won 5 in a row. They are back to their defensive style of play and are holding opponents to 2 or fewer goals during their streak. They shut down WPG at home, CBJ at home (a team looking slightly better than expected after free agent losses) and they cooled off a good defensive Yotes team last night. We all know that when the “B“s (Barzal/Bailey/Beauvilier/Brock) get going, they can be an awfully consistent fantasy unit. What’s not to like?

I’m very fond of NYI2 tonight in particular.

• mr_papageorgio

I know NJ hasn’t looked good but they are coming off 5 days of rest against a west coast team playing its third game in four nights on the east coast. NJ1 starting to look like an ok option.

• whoisjohngalt420

@PujolsJunkie said...

Personally, I’d prefer them even more top heavy. I’d like to maximize my upside as much as possible the night’s my core goes off.

• Volkster6

For any GPP I don’t care what the payout at the top is provided the min cash is as close to 2x as possible, and that north of 20% entries get paid. As a typically 1 LU guy I’ll hammer anything that is close to those numbers, even the low dollar stuff. If I’m entering a $3 dollar tourney and it’s good enough to min cash with 900 plus people it’s likely smashing in my single entry and high dollar 3 max GPPs as well as there is far less variance in the lineups the higher the entry fee.

As for tonight, Stella I saw those numbers for the Sharks PK. Makes me fade the Leafs a bit more.

5 games tonight — which is game most are looking to avoid? Ott/NYI? Buf/Detroit?

• jjwd

@whoisjohngalt420 said...

Personally, I’d prefer them even more top heavy. I’d like to maximize my upside as much as possible the night’s my core goes off.

random bonuses+top heavy is not good for players making a thoughtful core

• keephustlincuz

@Volkster6 said...

For any GPP I don’t care what the payout at the top is provided the min cash is as close to 2x as possible, and that north of 20% entries get paid. As a typically 1 LU guy I’ll hammer anything that is close to those numbers, even the low dollar stuff. If I’m entering a $3 dollar tourney and it’s good enough to min cash with 900 plus people it’s likely smashing in my single entry and high dollar 3 max GPPs as well as there is far less variance in the lineups the higher the entry fee.

As for tonight, Stella I saw those numbers for the Sharks PK. Makes me fade the Leafs a bit more.

5 games tonight — which is game most are looking to avoid? Ott/NYI? Buf/Detroit?

Oddly…. you picked 2 games I have lots of interest in.

• mr_papageorgio

AZ allows the third most high danger chances per 60 minutes on the PK. I’m sure I’ll regret this but I just keep finding reasons to like NJ tonight.

• hautalak

• x2

I with you this time Papa! But the questions is who do you pick? I keep thinking something like Zacha/Hall/Palmieri/maybe Vatanen or Severson. I want to like Hughes but he hasn’t been doing much.

• mr_papageorgio

@hautalak said...

I with you this time Papa! But the questions is who do you pick? I keep thinking something like Zacha/Hall/Palmieri/maybe Vatanen or Severson. I want to like Hughes but he hasn’t been doing much.

It seems like if this works out it will be because of the powerplay so as of now the plan is Hughes/Hall/Palmieri/Vatanen.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).