7:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 155 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    7:05 PM :  Arizona ( 155 ) at  Philadelphia ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    7:35 PM :  Florida ( -120 ) at  Toronto ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    7:35 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -105 ) at  Montreal ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    8:05 PM :  Detroit ( 140 ) at  St. Louis ( -160 ) —- T: 140
    8:05 PM :  Dallas ( 105 ) at  Winnipeg ( -125 ) —- T: 105
    10:35 PM :  Columbus ( 170 ) at  San Jose ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    10:35 PM :  Nashville ( 0 ) at  Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• horacegrant31

@TicketRaven said...

anthers skaters will flourish tonight. These Florida players tend to make a safe plays at home rather than a finesse play when “slow ice” or “bad ice” conditions exist. Florida skaters LOVE these games on the road.

I’d lean more towards the part where FLA is a better team and gets to play against a team that plays super high event/pace hockey… But humidity works too.

• jonsousa46

@maxeernst said...

lol humidity. Yeahhhhh I’m gonna pass on this thread today.

^^^^^^

• jonsousa46

@maxeernst said...

Gonna need a humidity reading from the ACC first

/thread

• scsa1998

I need a winger on FD for 3.4k?

• Dirt_Lavert

@zombiekopitar said...

Yeah and humidity??? Like inside the rink or what? I’ve been around hockey and never heard of humidity being a factor.

Now ice can be a huge factor; I read some disinformation somewhere that all ice is the same in every rink, not true. Not true at all.

I’ve found usually the more I tweak the worse I get. Happened last night, but that was circumstance of the Getzlaf injury.

If I’m really feeling some other guys I will make a second lineup. And I’ll completely max out at 3, but usually if I get to 3 everything becomes a cluster F.
    I had a night were I had Souza Jr, McCann & Kiermaier in my lineup and split them all up into 3 separate ones. Well they all hit 2 hr’s and it was a 4 game slate or something. Would have won EVERYTHING

Never again lol.

http://www.orfa.com/Resources/Documents/librarydocs/guides_bp/Understanding%20Humidity%20in%20Ice%20Rinks%20June2014.pdf

This is preliminary and non-comprehensive but it gets you thinking about it.

I never thought of humidity as a serious factor that I would consider for every game and player choice. That seems a bit over the top…

• erictetzlaff

@TicketRaven said...

Humididty – yes. Certain arenas seem to have better ice than others. TicketRaven thinks the difference is the hardness of the ice. Rinks in Canada are well known for the quality of their ice. Panthers skaters will flourish tonight. These Florida players tend to make a safe plays at home rather than a finesse play when “slow ice” or “bad ice” conditions exist. Florida skaters LOVE these games on the road.

Look into which arenas use Jet Ice, if you don’t already. It’s able to withstand higher humidity without breaking down as easily as ice made without any special prep. Not quite sure that this info belongs in a DFS thread, but whatever.

• maxeernst

Guys. Is this a joke?

You cannot be taking these troll comments seriously.

• Dirt_Lavert

@maxeernst said...

Guys. Is this a joke?

You cannot be taking these troll comments seriously.

I’m going to listen to this guy and say humidity isn’t something to be overly concerned about lol

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

@zombiekopitar said...

It’s harder to keep good ice in places like Florida & Arizona because of outside temperature….it costs more and needs more equipment. Also the ‘ice men’ in Canada are just the best, it’s a religion up there.

From what I’ve heard, Edmonton is the consensus best ice amongst the players. But SJ has crap ice apparently and it doesn’t stop guys from scoring.

If you would have just said ice factor instead of humidity people wouldn’t be giving you shit haha, all good man.

Edmonton was always considered the best ice but they moved into the new arena so I’m not sure what they are saying yet.

Isles Ice at Barclay has been shit all season and wasn’t good end of last season. Once it gets colder it should be better. Just another reason as to why the building not fit or built for hockey.

As for tonight, I like Pit1, Fla1, LA1, and like Min1. Trying to fits Burns and Pavelski in where I can.

• zombiekopitar

@yountingly said...

Edmonton was always considered the best ice but they moved into the new arena so I’m not sure what they are saying yet.

Isles Ice at Barclay has been shit all season and wasn’t good end of last season. Once it gets colder it should be better. Just another reason as to why the building not fit or built for hockey.

As for tonight, I like Pit1, Fla1, LA1, and like Min1. Trying to fits Burns and Pavelski in where I can.

Oh yeah I was totally sleeping on the new arena, thanks for the reminder

For the record I don’t take ice factor into consideration at all….well I guess outdoor games because that is the trap of all traps.

And the only time I’ve heard of ice truly being really bad at a professional arena is if the crew had to do a real rush job because there was an event there hours earlier.

• maxeernst

@zombiekopitar said...

And the only time I’ve heard of ice truly being really bad at a professional arena is if the crew had to do a real rush job because there was an event there hours earlier.

The ice at Barclay’s center for the isles is trash because they use PVC piping for the coolant, which isn’t what the rest of the NHL uses. It’s actually in violation of regulations I think.

That being said, none of this really means shit guys.

Stop wasting your time.

• julieduke33

Couldn’t help but comment…NHL rinks are suppose to be fairly consistent… Barclays center has been so bad this year that NHL network did a piece on it on NHL tonight yesterday… but here’s an article an NHL ice conditions…

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/the-ice-man-cometh/c-612032

• julieduke33

By the way unless I read something on the ice being horrendous I never think about it when constructing LUs… except outdoor games…

• dude_abides7

@TicketRaven said...

TicketRaven thinks the difference is the hardness of the ice.

Are you really referring to yourself in the 3rd person?

• julieduke33

@dude_abides7 said...

Haha made me laugh out loud…

• Olhausen

@dude_abides7 said...

Lol, You beat me to it as I was going to post the same thing.

Edit: Good thing the predators aren’t playing at home here in Nashville as the humidity is a little high today. And apparently that makes for bad ice and low scoring games.

• dude_abides7

@Olhausen said...

Edit: Good thing the predators aren’t playing at home here in Nashville as the humidity is a little high today. And apparently that makes for bad ice and low scoring games.

The Preds need to worry more about keeping e coli out of their Frosted Flakes than worrying about humidity.

Having to shit on the ice equates to low scoring as well.

• goldengoat29

Is Brent Burns not appearing as an option on DraftKings for you guys? All the other Sharks are there, but not him. Give me a break.

• goldengoat29

Oh nevermind he was already in my lineup. Carry on.

• bleacherbum099

DK cash better G option Martin Jones or Steve Mason?

• noddy

@goldengoat29 said...

Oh nevermind he was already in my lineup. Carry on.

Haha that’s something I would do. Glad I’m not the only dumbass around

• julieduke33

@bleacherbum099 said...

Flip a coin…I can’t decide between the 2 either…

• noddy

@bleacherbum099 said...

I have the same question.

• noddy

@julieduke33 said...

Flip a coin…

It came up tails.

• julieduke33

@noddy said...

It came up tails.

Tails was mason

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.