• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM : Chicago ( 0 ) at New Jersey ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM : N.Y. Rangers ( -135 ) at Carolina ( 115 ) —- T: -135
    9:05 PM : Winnipeg ( 130 ) at Colorado ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    9:05 PM : Ottawa ( 110 ) at Calgary ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    10:05 PM : Columbus ( 0 ) at Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:05 PM : Edmonton ( -130 ) at Vancouver ( 110 ) —- T: -130

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Mod518

Team Sh/g ShA/g CFp60
    CHI 28.0 30.3 55.5
    NJ 30.1 31.1 46.3
    NYR 31.3 25.9 58.9
    Car 30.3 26.2 58.5
    Wpg 29.5 31.0 56.1
    Col 25.2 32.8 44.9
    Ott 32.5 29.4 54.8
    Cgy 30.5 29.0 51.9
    Cbj 26.4 33.2 55.1
    Ana 28.6 28.5 55.1
    Edm 28.7 33.4 52.7
    Van 23.1 28.1 47.3

Just seeing if this will post as a table. Stats from hockeyanalysis.

• Codith

Liking

NY Vs Lack and the canes
    Calgary at home vs the hamburglar
    Ducks vs probably a tired jackets team and their backup
    Talbot in nets and a bit of exposure to Mcdavid and Lucic
    Hawks vs Back up goalie for the devils

• maxeernst

@Codith said...

NY Vs Lack and the canes

Carolina home opener narrative.

• MyNameRhymes

Skaters: EDM, CGY, WPG, ANA?

Net: ANA or EDM?

Early thoughts. Looks like it’s going to be a western Canada thang tonight.

• Mod518

Probably stating the obvious but McDavid and Karlsson in cash. Chicago maybe a GPP play cause NJ will scare some away, but Hawks are a very public team.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

Yeah. I think Ducks and Oilers are chalk. Fowler’s price actually went down on FD. Need to check on Getzlaf to see if back tonight.

Hall like still in play. Lots of people will be on Hawks but I like the Hall line tonight, too. They might be overlooked vs Chicago.

Think I will roll with Gibson in nets. Priced down still on FD.

• cplatt87

@maxeernst said...

Carolina home opener narrative.

Carolina also first game home after a long road trip though. I usually try and target against teams in that spot.

• TooManyChickens

Anyone got the Humidity% for NYR/CAR?

• umwoz

Thinking Karlsson is the “must play” tonight. Get burned by Calgary 3 times in a row? We’ll see!

• DirtysBurgers

I am surprised at how big a favorite Colorado is – hopefully that will keep people off of Winnipeg. I love WPG2 in GPPs tonight. Connor, Ehlers and Perreault is a dynamic young line.

• cplatt87

@DirtysBurgers said...

I am surprised at how big a favorite Colorado is – hopefully that will keep people off of Winnipeg. I love WPG2 in GPPs tonight. Connor, Ehlers and Perreault is a dynamic young line.

Not surprising to me at all honestly.

Speaking as someone who lives in Winnipeg and is a Jets season ticket holder – The Jets are horribly inconsistent this year (which is to be expected with all the young guys they’ve got in their lineup). If you look at the games they’ve played this year, if it wasn’t for 2 miraculous 3 goal 3rd period comebacks they’d be 1-6-0. They’re going to struggle this year.

They’ve also just been generally awful on the second game of back to backs for the last couple of years overall.

Playing at home last night and flying in to Colorado on a B2B is not a recipe for success imo, but they’ll definitely be underowned in GPP’s if that’s what you’re looking for. I’ll personally be staying away.

• Superflysupa

Does anyone ever play the lines listed over at Fantasy Pros?

• umwoz

I think my biggest question for tonight is whether playing against Keith Kinkaid is the perfect opportunity for the Hawks to get back on track or not.

• dyavid

i really like the wpg/col game in gpps. should be pretty high scoring

• umwoz

The Avs have seriously had 6 days off? I don’t even know how to approach that.

I’m not sure I see the buzz behind this WPG/COL game. Both teams have had pretty bad pace to start the year offensively, and both have a CA60 right near league average. I understand taking WPG last night, it was certainly a “pace up” situation for them but tonight…. I’m not sure I see this being a track meet. Actually I think it might end up as an under(5.5)

• cplatt87

@umwoz said...

The Avs have seriously had 6 days off? I don’t even know how to approach that.

Every team is getting a break like that this year in their schedule. I think it’s due to the World Cup?

• jayjelichick

Had a lineup with 232pts last night, can someone tell me where that would place the 40k Breakaway (Fanduel)?

• t4t3r

Thoughts on Lindholm tonight?

• TicketRaven

Jackets have a ton of fight in them, but coming off that loss last night was probably a bit deflating. They played their asses off and got nothing. Now right back in action against another team that plays hard every night – regardless of Getz injury. Poor Jackets will lose again tonight 3-1

• goldengoat29

Disregarding salary — who would you start:

Foligno @ Ducks
    Brouwer vs Flames

• TicketRaven

Calgary tonight seems like a play to get some scoring tonight – I can’t believe I’m writing this, but OTT doesn’t impress me at all.

• goldengoat29

@TicketRaven said...

Calgary tonight seems like a play to get some scoring tonight – I can’t believe I’m writing this, but OTT doesn’t impress me at all.

Why can’t you believe you’re saying that lol

My question pertains to my season-long league but it has a DFS relevance. I miscalculated the amount of games to burn this week and started Komarov against the Panthers last night. Now I must sit either Foligno or Brouwer. The others are all too good to sit.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@goldengoat29 said...

Disregarding salary — who would you start:

Foligno @ Ducks
    Brouwer vs Flames

I’d rather Brouwer. Already have him in a lu. Playing on PP1.

• TicketRaven

Here Was A Winning Lineup on DK’s Last Night

C / Malkin 6.5
    C / Scheifle 4.5
    W / Hertl 7
    W / Kessel 8
    W / Laine 9.5
    D / Enstrom 2
    D / Schlemko 5.5
    G / Dubnyk
    UTIL / Donskoi 4.5

PTS 60.1

• TicketRaven

Skinner / Rask / Stemniak should hang in there with the tough Rangers tonight – 4-3 OT Rangers win though

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.