• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM : Chicago ( 0 ) at New Jersey ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM : N.Y. Rangers ( -135 ) at Carolina ( 115 ) —- T: -135
    9:05 PM : Winnipeg ( 130 ) at Colorado ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    9:05 PM : Ottawa ( 110 ) at Calgary ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    10:05 PM : Columbus ( 0 ) at Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:05 PM : Edmonton ( -130 ) at Vancouver ( 110 ) —- T: -130

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• umwoz

On the bright side…. Gibson only needs 6 more saves to break even and he’s easily on pace for that!

• zombiekopitar

@J2B said...

Anybody notice Pepsi fav cash goalie always gets lit up haha

Glad I got Talmbout

He’s the same guy that said don’t pick on the Leafs right?? Man I was sleeping on that lol

I just went on a crazy run, like at an unsustainable pace. So I’m not too upset tonight, will get back on this weekend!

My Morrissey pick from earlier already hit though…anybody play him??

• Olhausen

Fuck off Gibson!

• umwoz

Indeed I was on JoMo in the single entry. He’s been playing well it was a matter of time.

• Olhausen

@zombiekopitar said...

He’s the same guy that said don’t pick on the Leafs right?? Man I was sleeping on that lol

I just went on a crazy run, like at an unsustainable pace. So I’m not too upset tonight, will get back on this weekend!

My Morrissey pick from earlier already hit though…anybody play him??

Guess I can’t be to mad either as I’ve started the season 9-1 with goalie wins before tonight. That includes yesterday’s shut out by Dubnyk.

• umwoz

The CBJ players seem to be low owned too. The FD breakaway just changed drastically after that flurry.

I see RG’s own boggslite sitting 7th right now!

• goldengoat29

Foligno is turning out to be one of the plays of the night. Never a thought for my DFS lineups and the one I chose to sit on my season-long team. Meanwhile, I have Gibson on that team and sat him the other night on a back-to-back against the Preds when he was brilliant. Hockey often does not make sense.

• BuckeyeMC

@umwoz said...

The CBJ players seem to be low owned too. The FD breakaway just changed drastically after that flurry.

I see RG’s own boggslite sitting 7th right now!

My guys in the one timer:
    Wennberg 1.1
    Saad 1.6
    Bob 1.1
    Werenski 12.6

• tristanwolf

Uggh was leading breakaway #2. Expected to drop 1-2 spots when talbot shutout came through but the lucic EN dropped me there and everywhere. Ahh well still an ok night.

• umwoz

@umwoz said...

The Avs have seriously had 6 days off? I don’t even know how to approach that.

I’m not sure I see the buzz behind this WPG/COL game. Both teams have had pretty bad pace to start the year offensively, and both have a CA60 right near league average. I understand taking WPG last night, it was certainly a “pace up” situation for them but tonight…. I’m not sure I see this being a track meet. Actually I think it might end up as an under(5.5)

I wish my plays were as good as this logic.

• uhhuhbro

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

Sweating those Blue Jackets!

• umwoz

@uhhuhbro said...

Sweating those Blue Jackets!

Congrats!

Great win, and honestly the win tonight was very attainable. Just had the right combination of guys. I dont think any of those plays were off the board

• Superflysupa

Won $5k tonight thanks to draft shot!!! Trust the process!!!

• uhhuhbro

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

@umwoz said...

Congrats!

Great win, and honestly the win tonight was very attainable. Just had the right combination of guys. I dont think any of those plays were off the board

Thanks, very obtainable yes. Not one person stacked Columbus with the Canes and went with high scoring defensemen I guess. I was surprised Dougie Hamilton was 1.5% owned…CGY OTT games produce goals. So important to have the right defensemen and Goalie.

• uhhuhbro

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

Boy are those Canucks bad. Auto fade and pick on them by using opposing Goalie is my plan.

• goldengoat29

Honestly — if you road the Jackets to victory, there’s little to brag about. The Ducks were the worst match-up last year and will be among the worst match-ups this year. 9 of 10 times the Jackets would have been a bad play there.

• dog_launcher666

@goldengoat29 said...

Honestly — if you road the Jackets to victory, there’s little to brag about. The Ducks were the worst match-up last year and will be among the worst match-ups this year. 9 of 10 times the Jackets would have been a bad play there.

You know the Ducks went from one of the best regular season coaches in the league, to Randy Carlyle, right? Get on the “Ducks are bad” train now.

• goldengoat29

@dog_launcher666 said...

You know the Ducks went from one of the best regular season coaches in the league, to Randy Carlyle, right? Get on the “Ducks are bad” train now.

So 9 games in is enough to say they are ‘bad’ meanwhile —

— No team allowed fewer goals last year.
    — They have been among the best puck possession teams in the NHL for years.
    — Going into last night, Gibson had not allowed more than 2 goals in any of his past 5 starts.
    — The folks in Vegas, who know a lot more than anyone here, had them heavy favorites to win last night.

Not to mention the rested vs tired angle

If you won with the Jackets, good for you — I’m sure it wasn’t your only lineup. Just know it took more luck than anything.

• dog_launcher666

@goldengoat29 said...

So 9 games in is enough to say they are ‘bad’ meanwhile —

— No team allowed fewer goals last year.
    — They have been among the best puck possession teams in the NHL for years.
    — Going into last night, Gibson had not allowed more than 2 goals in any of his past 5 starts.
    — The folks in Vegas, who know a lot more than anyone here, had them heavy favorites to win last night.

Not to mention the rested vs tired angle

If you won with the Jackets, good for you — I’m sure it wasn’t your only lineup. Just know it took more luck than anything.

0 games is enough to say they’re bad, they’re coached by Randy Carlyle

• goldengoat29

@dog_launcher666 said...

0 games is enough to say they’re bad, they’re coached by Randy Carlyle

Mark my words they’ll be among the best teams once the dust settles. I debate how much of an impact a coach has.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.