NHL FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NHL? Come get in on some hockey talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nhl..

7:05 PM :  Vegas ( 163 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -181 ) —- T: 163
    7:35 PM :  Arizona ( 155 ) at  Detroit ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    8:05 PM :  Winnipeg ( 120 ) at  Minnesota ( -140 ) —- T: 120

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Benn91

I cant believe what is happening with Vegas. The soul of their team Fleury got hurt(everybody though they were done), they trade Pickard and pick up Subban(everybody though they were done). Subban is out(everybody tough they were done) and now Dansk is out and Lagace will be in and they will have a ECHL G to back him up. Can we FINNALY say that they are done? lol

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Benn91 said...

Can we FINNALY say that they are done? lol

Doubtful haha Give it a try but always have a hedge VGK stack on deck.

• hautalak

• x2

Don’t forget to play AA against a now 1 win Yotes!

• PhoFever

Has anyone noticed that betting against the team on a B2B has been more reliable this year? I felt like last year, every time I used this strategy, the visiting team on the second night of a B2B would somehow score 6 goals. This year things have been more predictable, relatively speaking.

• Benn91

@hautalak said...

Don’t forget to play AA against a now 1 win Yotes!

AA?

• EasyRawlins

@Benn91 said...

AA?

• Benn91

Ah I see, DET1 & DET2 will be in play.

• mathewsmarner

Has anyone noticed that betting against the team on a B2B has been more reliable this year? I felt like last year, every time I used this strategy, the visiting team on the second night of a B2B would somehow score 6 goals. This year things have been more predictable, relatively speaking.

any idea about french canadian stats when they play montreal?

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@mathewsmarner said...

any idea about french canadian stats when they play montreal?

No idea about those stats in general but I remember Beauvillier scoring against Price in Montreal in one of his first games and getting an ovation at the end of the game because they gave him the first star! Must have been an incredible feeling!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Hard to peg how the Rangers will do tonight. Struggling team against a piss poor D with a back-back-back-back-up in net. If the Rangers don’t win 5-1 or better they should probably give up on the season.

• Benn91

Hold my beer and let me put a 100$ on the Rangers.

• Cal_Naughton_Jr

@Zieg30 said...

Hard to peg how the Rangers will do tonight. Struggling team against a piss poor D with a back-back-back-back-up in net. If the Rangers don’t win 5-1 or better they should probably give up on the season.

When is Buch gonna be outta the dog house?

• PhoFever

@Zieg30 said...

Here, here. Question of the night will be the score in the WPG-MIN game. Tempted by Laine to use up the huge amount of leftover salary I have due to crappy teams on the slate.

• mathewsmarner

i’ll say this much, nyr/vegas going to be low scoring, so your goaltender is from that game.

why you ask, cause they’re the only two teams without the first line on the power play up front to give the opposition goalie any breaks.

just my two cents.

• Felixxberg

On a small slate like this, I don’t think that there is any bad lineup. A 4th line could score 2-3 goals and win someone $10K. It happened last year when dpterp5 took home $15K with the Panthers’ 4th line on a 3 game slate with an empty net shorthanded goal. Anything can happen!

• Ryanoss

• 2015 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@mathewsmarner said...

i’ll say this much, nyr/vegas going to be low scoring, so your goaltender is from that game.

why you ask, cause they’re the only two teams without the first line on the power play up front to give the opposition goalie any breaks.

just my two cents.

I’m not clear on your comment about the first line, the power play and the opposition goalie.
    Could you clarify this?

• mathewsmarner

every ‘team’ with the exception of ari/det/wpg/min have their top line front and center with their pp1 (no point men) which should mean that vegas/nyr are lax on scoring and more defensive minded.

• cheezpizza

@Felixxberg said...

On a small slate like this, I don’t think that there is any bad lineup. A 4th line could score 2-3 goals and win someone $10K. It happened last year when dpterp5 took home $15K with the Panthers’ 4th line on a 3 game slate with an empty net shorthanded goal. Anything can happen!

That’s the thing that makes me love NHL DFS.

I’m looking for the sneaky plays for tonight. Trick-or-treat plays, if you will.

• cheezpizza

@mathewsmarner said...

every ‘team’ with the exception of ari/det/wpg/min have their top line front and center with their pp1 (no point men) which should mean that vegas/nyr are lax on scoring and more defensive minded.

NYR1 and their PP1 are the same….

• hautalak

• x2

@EasyRawlins said...

Andreas Athanasiou.

Thank you for getting it to me before.

I actually like short slates because I’ve been able to luckbox my way into some money this year. I like it even better today when I can be a homer (Red Wings) and not feel bad about it. Rolling out their 1-3 lines in 3 different lineups. I’ll have to throw Frk in somewhere as well. Only D worth playing on them is Green and he’s always too pricey IMO.

• whitepuma

• sizzlebeans

Looks like DFO is taking that line matching article behind a paywall now.

https://twitter.com/DailyFaceoff/status/925386274655043584

• Felixxberg

@cheezpizza said...

Trick-or-treat plays, if you will.

Nice call! If I wake up $10K richer, it’s an Halloween I’ll never forget!

• Felixxberg

@sizzlebeans said...

Looks like DFO is taking that line matching article behind a paywall now.

https://twitter.com/DailyFaceoff/status/925386274655043584

Well I won’t pay it for tonight but for bigger slates it’s very useful!

• zachrob2k

There’s some line movement on the DET-ARI and WPG-MIN games. ARI-DET started off with a 5.5 O/U with the Red Wings’ team total at 3.14 total goals. Their team total is now at 3.41 goals, with the game now being a 6 O/U.

For the WPG-MIN, this game started at a 6 O/U and it’s now at a 5.5 O/U. Minnesota was at 3.21 total goals and now their at 2.99 goals.

Just something to keep in mind

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).