Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Toronto ( -103 ) at  Winnipeg ( -107 ) —- T: -103
    8:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 166 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -185 ) —- T: 166
    10:05 PM :  Calgary ( 134 ) at  Edmonton ( -148 ) —- T: 134
    10:35 PM :  Philadelphia ( 137 ) at  San Jose ( -151 ) —- T: 137

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Yacht67

@dyavid said...

I dont think looking at last years advanced metrics are going to help too much on opening day. Its too much of a crap shoot. I will be looking for value on top lines/PPs (yammamoto if he’s L1 anyone?) and paying up for d tonight. If you didnt catch much of the preseason there are new rules regarding slashing and there were a ton PPs for light taps on the gloves. The refs are going to call things really tight early in the season

I have some Vlasic. But he’s the cheapest I’m going. Agree with the stat call. I’m thinking about PP units, lines, last year’s TOI, stacking normally and unconventionally. I also think an opening day, 4 game slate, is going to be a crap shoot.

• StPaulMick

In Winter, Cometh Hockey. Freakin’ stoked! Someone earlier was asking about which stat sites are good. Hockey-reference is the really really good, and really really free. IMO, it’s the alpha and omega and all you need. Something happened to Corsica.ca since last year but that one’s awesome, too if it ever comes back up.

EDM L1 is my jam for at least 1 lu tonight, I read somewhere it is Leon D, McJesus and Maroon which is…nice.

TOR3 Komarov Marleau and Kadri I could see going off and being way underowned.

And PHI mini stack of Simmonds and Nolan Patrick.

• StPaulMick

I might try to hold off on Burns tonight. He skidded out in the 2nd half last year and was very average in the Sharks one and done playoff run last year. The tandem of Ghost and Provorov could be had for almost the cost of one bearded one lol.

• Guigsdaddy

no free game on DK?

• StPaulMick

Yacht, no love here for Lucic. I think he sucks and was a bad pick up and they paid way too much for him. I think you can do better, for less: Konecny, Ted Nugent-Hopkins, Couturier

• pepsi7

• 2013 FanDuel WFBC Champion

• x3

2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Good morning NHL fans, it is an exciting day!

Tune into Grinders Live today at 2 P.M. EST to watch Boggs and I break down tonight slate. And if you are a premium subscriber, I will be in the premium chat at 3 P.M. ready to answer all your questions.

• eaglezzz

Some super cheap options on FanDuel

Yamamoto L2/PP2 $3000
    Sobatka L1/PP2 $3300
    Meier L3/PP2 $3200
    Weal L2/PP2 $3300

• sizzlebeans

Does anyone like Lowry at $3.3k on DK?

• eaglezzz

Cage Thompson 2500
    Yamamoto 3000
    Sobotka 3700
    Labanc 3100
    Meier 3500
    Weal 3100

Are all cheapies on DK if you are looking to save salary.

• tim51278

Trouba/Klefbom/Cam or Byfuglien/Russel/Jones GPP

• EasyRawlins

@eaglezzz said...

Cage Thompson 2500
    Yamamoto 3000
    Sobotka 3700
    Labanc 3100
    Meier 3500
    Weal 3100

Are all cheapies on DK if you are looking to save salary.

I especially like the first two………Tage and Yamamoto.

• dyavid

i like Labanc for 3.1k on SJ1

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@tim51278 said...

Trouba/Klefbom/Cam or Byfuglien/Russel/Jones GPP

That’s really a coin toss! I like Russell a lot because of his number of blocked shots and the fact that he never has a high ownership % in GPPs, but the other stack is super good too.

If you have some Jets powerplay forwards, I’d go with the Byfuglien stack. If you have some Oilers powerplay forwards, I’d go with the Klefbom stack.

• eaglezzz

Sobotka will be playing with Tarasenko on L1 and also will get PP2 time.

• StPaulMick

Did Timo Meier have a good preseason or something? His numbers last year were bad. 6 points in 34 games played. I wouldn’t go there tonight, esp for 3.5 DK

• yanksfan1

Is it justifiable to play Auston Matthews when McDavid is only $400 more on DK?

• kdub

• futoo

I’m new to nhl.do you pretty much have to stack lines like in baseball to win?

• lasimmon

Might have to throw in a CGY LU. Haven’t won a season opener since 2009, and notoriously slow starters. Maybe they are due?

• StPaulMick

Yanks, That’s a tough call. Auston Matthews is really good at season openers, lol. But seriously, for me it’s 6 of one, half-dozen of the other. TOR WPG seems like a more fun game and, I think, a better chance to turn into a shootout. For some reason, I am not feeling Pittsburgh tonight. I’m really excited about the Canadian teams tonight. The young guns are all over the place. I wouldn’t talk anyone off any of the 3 TOR lines, WPG 1 and 2, and EDM 1 and 2 either.

• Tomvec629

I’m not seeing any either, probably get them going tomorrow with a bigger slate.

• yanksfan1

Toronto/Winnipeg game total went from 5.5 to 6

• yanksfan1

@StPaulMick said...

Yanks, That’s a tough call. Auston Matthews is really good at season openers, lol. But seriously, for me it’s 6 of one, half-dozen of the other. TOR WPG seems like a more fun game and, I think, a better chance to turn into a shootout. For some reason, I am not feeling Pittsburgh tonight. I’m really excited about the Canadian teams tonight. The young guns are all over the place. I wouldn’t talk anyone off any of the 3 TOR lines, WPG 1 and 2, and EDM 1 and 2 either.

I guess one could get exposure to Matthews through Nylander. I’m having a tough time making a lineup I like and getting one of the top goalies

• noddy

Drop the puck!!!!!

• del033

Grind Down only part of premium content now?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).