Comments

• scsa1998

Lets drop the puck on another season.

7:00PM EST : Montreal Canadiens at Toronto Maple Leafs T: O/U 5
    8:00PM EST: : New York Rangers at Chicago Blackhawks —- T: O/U 5
    10:00PM EST : Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames T: O/U 5.5
    10:00 PM EST : San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings —- T:O/U 5

• thechampisback

Pumped for tonight! Question for cash games. Would players from the 3 -4 line be worth it? I am focusing on 1 and 2 lines so far

• rtiedemann6

LOL You can derive a lot from the projected totals.

• scsa1998

@thechampisback said...

Pumped for tonight! Question for cash games. Would players from the 3 -4 line be worth it? I am focusing on 1 and 2 lines so far

Last year I did a lot of 3 2 line combinations and in a GPP i may throw in a defenseman. Very rare did I use a 3rd or 4th liner unless they happen to play on the top PP line.

• jm748227

Only way playes from 3rd or 4th line are worth it, if they play on Top PP unit like Andrew Shaw does for CHI other than that stay away from lines 3 and especially 4 in any format. 3rd line can work in GPP

• maxeernst

… it’s a 4 game slate. Everyone is in play in GPPs to some extent.

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@thechampisback said...

Until you get really comftorable, just avoid 3rd and 4th liners. There’s situations that these guys are in play, but I want a real good reason(s) before I do it. Pricing is so soft tonight on most sites that I don’t remember any of these guys crossing my mind.

• mberkowi

@maxeernst said...

… it’s a 4 game slate. Everyone is in play in GPPs to some extent.

Just ask the Cedric Paquette hat trick guy.

• maxeernst

@mberkowi said...

Just ask the Cedric Paquette hat trick guy.

Lol I remember that.

Just like any other sport (MLB, NFL) winning NHL GPPs is in large part about predicting ownership. If NHL grows this year in line with the industry (which I expect to happen), this will become more important.

It’s real hard to win large field GPPs without making contrarian plays.

• colinwdrew

RG Overall Ranking

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Champion

@maxeernst said...

If NHL grows this year in line with the industry (which I expect to happen), this will become more important.

Will be really interesting to see how strategy changes IF field sizes maintain their current size. Taking down a 500 person GPP and 5000 person GPP require a different approach to be sure as you get closer to each player being owned.

I also remember how BAD I was at predicting NHL ownership. Too many times I pivoted off of someone in what I felt was an obvious spot only to have their ownership be like 15 percent or something.

• mberkowi

@colinwdrew said...

I also remember how BAD I was at predicting NHL ownership. Too many times I pivoted off of someone in what I felt was an obvious spot only to have their ownership be like 15 percent or something.

This. I remember one night early season seeing Claude Giroux was 1%, who I had very high exposure too, and freaking out that I missed some injury news.

• maxeernst

@mberkowi said...

I remember one night early season seeing Claude Giroux was 1%,

This should never ever occur. And that’s coming from a Rangers fan hahah

• maxeernst

Also, @mberkowi I hope you enjoy watching your hawks lose tonight

• maxeernst

• Aalbanese102089

Hawks aren’t going to lose, let’s both be realistic here.

• mberkowi

@maxeernst said...

Friendly side wager? Loser pays 5% of net profits in either DK or FD’s $20?

Sadly, I had to sell my tickets because I’ve been to a couple banner ceremonies. Not every year the Cubs are in the playoffs. Bad scheduling.

• crumbler81

Anybody have any information on Derick Brassard of the Rangers? DK has him as Day-to-Day, but the last information I could fine was from back in July.

• maxeernst

@Aalbanese102089 said...

Hawks aren’t going to lose, let’s both be realistic here.

Right because it’s not like the Rangers won the president’s trophy last year…

And it’s not like the Rangers had a top 5 record against the West last year…

And it’s not like the Rangers had the best road record in the league last year…

Let’s both be realistic here.

• maxeernst

@crumbler81 said...

Anybody have any information on Derick Brassard of the Rangers? DK has him as Day-to-Day, but the last information I could fine was from back in July.

He’s totally fine.

• SkeletonCrew13

This is my first try at Hockey so I went with the $27 Beginner contest.
    It appears that Goalies are about as important as the MLB Pitcher except you are looking for opponents who at take a high volume of shots. Knowing that I did pay up for C. Price and I picked T. Teravainen to afford that splurge.

Thoughts?

• maxeernst

@mberkowi said...

Friendly side wager? Loser pays 5% of net profits in either DK or FD’s $20?

Sadly, I had to sell my tickets because I’ve been to a couple banner ceremonies. Not every year the Cubs are in the playoffs. Bad scheduling.

Hah. Not tonight—-not really trying to expose myself too much on a 4 game slate. Plus, I used a bunch of my MLB winnings to pay for my tickets this year so my bankroll is in need of rebuilding. Where do you sit for hawks games? I’m 10 rows from the ice in corner where rangers defend twice.

How about the loser has to post a poem/ode celebrating the opposing team in the forum?

• maxeernst

@SkeletonCrew13 said...

This is my first try at Hockey so I went with the $27 Beginner contest.
    It appears that Goalies are about as important as the MLB Pitcher except you are looking for opponents who at take a high volume of shots. Knowing that I did pay up for C. Price and I picked T. Teravainen to afford that splurge.

Thoughts?

Price is the consensus safe pick. He won the vezina last year, his team doesn’t give up many goals, Toronto obviously got worse personnel wise and is projected to be terrible this year.

• mberkowi

@maxeernst said...

If NHL grows this year in line with the industry (which I expect to happen), this will become more important.

It’s real hard to win large field GPPs without making contrarian plays.

I hear ya, but I wouldn’t go play Kyle Baun tonight just to be contrarian (somebody play him and take down a GPP).

My biggest field win last year took 1st & 2nd in a 16,000 (don’t want to be reprimanded again for using m instead of k for 000) entry Breakaway with Toews line + Wheeler’s line. Pretty sure all my forwards were 15%+ on a full slate except for maybe Little.

You can differentiate other ways. Chasing random 3rd liners is going to have lots of losses before you may hit on one.

• mberkowi

@maxeernst said...

Where do you sit for hawks games? I’m 10 rows from the ice in corner where rangers defend twice.

How about the loser has to post a poem/ode celebrating the opposing team in the forum?

Nice. 5th row, upper deck center ice. Great place to wach the game.

I’ll take that. Get something good ready. In the unlikley event, I lose, mine will be about Kevin Hayes and his hallway shitting.

• SkeletonCrew13

@mberkowi said...

Nice. 5th row, upper deck center ice. Great place to wach the game.

I’ll take that. Get something good ready. In the unlikley event, I lose, mine will be about Kevin Hayes and his hallway shitting.

When you’re in CBus look me Up. I sit 5 rows under the Cannon. CBJ offer one of the best experiences in all of sports.

I have a soft spot for the Hawks. Before Columbus got a team I grew up listening to 1000am. Roenick, Daze, Belfour, Chelios…legends.

• maxeernst

hahahaha #poopgate

Obviously mine will be about your team’s culture of incestuous adultery and, of course, Kane’s…. ahem… “alleged sexual assault.”

Just to confirm, the forum post has to include something in the title about losing the bet and obviously shouldn’t be so inappropriate that it gets taken down.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).