NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NHL? Come get in on some hockey talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nhl..

8:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 120 ) at  Chicago ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    8:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -105 ) at  Edmonton ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    10:05 PM :  New Jersey ( 100 ) at  Vancouver ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    10:05 PM :  Toronto ( -102 ) at  Anaheim ( -108 ) —- T: -102
    10:35 PM :  Nashville ( 115 ) at  San Jose ( -135 ) —- T: 115

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

With Rakell I wasn’t sure but with Vermette it will clearly be a defensive line.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I guess we’ll see. There just aren’t many spots I think can be exploited tonight.

• Benn91

EDM2 will be playing PIT2?

• inB4win

Klefbom or Reilly, for GPP and Cash? Both have exposure to PP1, Klefbom seems to be the chalk with a probable high ownership with exposure to Mcdavid but I’m a little concerned stacking too many Oilers with the last game being 2-1.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Going CHI2, EDM1, VAN2, and TOR3 tonight I guess, with the latter two a real dart throw. Fewer entries than normal and really hating this slate (hate that it doesn’t start until 8 and three games are at or after 10 ET – won’t be sweating anything tonight even if things go well early).

• PhoFever

@Zieg30 said...

Going CHI2, EDM1, VAN2, and TOR3 tonight I guess, with the latter two a real dart throw. Fewer entries than normal and really hating this slate (hate that it doesn’t start until 8 and three games are at or after 10 ET – won’t be sweating anything tonight even if things go well early).

Toronto is so damn hard to stack on Yahoo…90% of the players on the first 3 lines are listed as “C.” So annoying!

The dilemma for me is CHI, for sure. One of those teams that burns me all the time, yet I’m always seduced back to them because I don’t want to miss the night that they finally get their act together.

• MakinItkane9

Idk if im breaking any TOS … hopefully not. Worked on the first time line matching myself took me about an hour so the numbers may be off. After the line states who they usually play against and then the percentages are Shot attempts/actual shots on goal percentage vs the other teams amount of shot attemps/actual shots.

Giroux Couturier Voracek L2 55/57%
    Weal Filppula Simmonds l1 46/51%
    vs
    Debrindicat Toews Panik L1 53/51%
    Saad Schmaltz Kane L2 49/45%
    Top plays – Debrindicat, couturier/giroux

Sheary Crosby Hornquist NLM 48/48%
    khnack malkin rust NLM 50/51%
    vs
    Maroon McDavid Draisitl L1 57/59%
    Lucic Hopkins Yama L2 53/51%
    TP Mcdavid/drais/maroon
    Knack/malkin/rust

bAERTSCHI Horvat Gagner L3/L2 51/54%
    Sedin, Sedin Virtanen L3/L2 67/67%
    vs
    Hall Hischier stafford L2/L2 42/37%
    Johansson Henrique Bratt L1/L1 47/47%
    TP – sedins/virtanen
    gpps horvat/baert or hall/hischier/staff

Hyman Matthews Nylander L2/TopPlayers 55/51% GF GA 13-1***
    Marleau Kadri Komarov L1/L3/NLM 55/54%
    vs
    Rakell Kossila Perry L1/L2, L1 45/44%
    Cogliano Vermette Silf l2/l2 58/60%
    TP – Matthews/Ny
    Vermette/Silf/cog

Fiala Johansen Forsberg l1/L2 55/54%
    Aberg Jarnkrok Arvidsson l1/L2 50/50%
    vs
    Lablanc Thornton Pavelski L2/L2 54/59%
    Hertl Couture Karlsson L1/l1 52/57%
    TP -Thornton/Pavs

• cchap2

Brian Boyle narrative anyone?

• Cal_Naughton_Jr

Is this the first time Saad is playing with Kane this season?

• MakinItkane9

@Cal_Naughton_Jr said...

Is this the first time Saad is playing with Kane this season?

Yep. Anyone know whos playing on the PP1 on D in anaheim?

• Scumpunch

@MakinItkane9 said...

Idk if im breaking any TOS … hopefully not. Worked on the first time line matching myself took me about an hour so the numbers may be off. After the line states who they usually play against and then the percentages are Shot attempts/actual shots on goal percentage vs the other teams amount of shot attemps/actual shots.

I’m interested to know how you came up with shot attempt numbers for lines which have not played together yet this season?

Edit: Also, not sure I understand the significance of percentage-based stats for DFS. For example, all things being equal, would you rather roster a line with CF/60 = 50, CA/60 = 30, and CF% = 62.5%; or one with CF/60 = 60, CA/60 = 70, and CF% = 46% ?

• MakinItkane9

@Scumpunch said...

I’m interested to know how you came up with shot attempt numbers for lines which have not played together yet this season?

Edit: Also, not sure I understand the significance of percentage-based stats for DFS. For example, all things being equal, would you rather roster a line with CF/60 = 50, CA/60 = 30, and CF% = 62.5%; or one with CF/60 = 60, CA/60 = 70, and CF% = 46% ?

Like i said numbers may be off.
    I think for example CF 50 = 60 is a little more intreaguing for gpps. Like there would be more upside there. Im looking for 55-60 = 55-60 for cash lineups at home. Tonight might be a little different ill likely have more TOR than anyone else in cash.
    The way I did the lines with new players attached to them is look at their previous games with their TOI together and paired it with the 2 that have already played together and averaged it out. A little harder to pinpoint on a smaller slate especially with the high amount of line mixups tonight! Hopefully this helped.

Edit: Understandable to not want to look at percentage – based stats but for example the Matthews/Nylander line is hugely in play and the fact that when on the ice 5on5 have letup 1 goal to 13 goals for.. Ill pay attention a little More. Also it works both ways, like clearly the sedin line is getting more chances 5 on 5 but they can’t score. At 3900 tho, daniel is a little more intriguing as a flyer as their line could get a goal or two on any given night.

• Canuckage

@MakinItkane9 said...

Yep. Anyone know whos playing on the PP1 on D in anaheim?

I would assume it is still Montour, he is doing pretty well in that spot filling for Fowler

• StPaulMick

What’s up with the line on NJD v. VAN? VAN at -125? Is the Rogers Arena ice titled?

• Scumpunch

@MakinItkane9 said...

I think for example CF 50 = 60 is a little more intreaguing for gpps. Like there would be more upside there. Im looking for 55-60 = 55-60 for cash lineups at home.

Sorry, you lost me here.

• Scumpunch

@StPaulMick said...

What’s up with the line on NJD v. VAN? VAN at -125? Is the Rogers Arena ice titled?

I hope not, since I already bet the NJ side.

• StPaulMick

@Scumpunch said...

I hope not, since I already bet the NJ side

If I play tonight, I’ll probably load up on some Devils combos. Schneider, I think, is also viable. When I saw that line I thought Jersey must for sure be on a b2b. They’re leading their division, ffs!

• MakinItkane9

@Scumpunch said...

Sorry, you lost me here.

If their CF and SF are correlated then i like them in cash – if not its more of a gpp play for me. Especially depending who theyre going to see on the ice and the O/U

• keephustlincuz

@StPaulMick said...

Devils just travelled across the whole country. Palmieri out. Kind of a gross spot for them. Wouldn’t touch this game from a betting stand point at all.

• StPaulMick

@keephustlincuz said...

Wouldn’t touch this game from a betting stand point at all.

Okay, but what if I just want to lose money “with skill?”

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

No TOR L3 for me! They’re all Ws. Got one with Marleau and JVR though. Couldn’t pass EDM L1 for tonight either.

• mathewsmarner

i’m heaviest on van pp1/line2, then it’s pitt1(2players) chi(1forward/goalie) lone nash d, lone anh forward

really loving this lineup

• mathewsmarner

Okay, but what if I just want to lose money “with skill?”

this guy is giving out free candy!

• TimmerRC

Who the hell is Kalle Kossila

• Benn91

@TimmerRC said...

Who the hell is Kalle Kossila

A guy who will play on a top line. That what matters to me.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).