7:05 PM :  Anaheim ( 0 ) at  Carolina ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  San Jose ( -125 ) at  Florida ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    7:35 PM :  Vancouver ( 170 ) at  Detroit ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    7:35 PM :  Los Angeles ( 125 ) at  Montreal ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:35 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 150 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -170 ) —- T: 150
    8:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 0 ) at  Nashville ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Winnipeg ( -115 ) at  Arizona ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    9:05 PM :  Dallas ( 110 ) at  Calgary ( -130 ) —- T: 110

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• TicketRaven

A Recent Winner in DFS Hockey DK On A 12-Game Slate (Tonight 11)

C / Stammy 11.5
    C / Zacha-Khan 5
    W / Hall 10.5
    W / Kuche-coo 10.5
    W / Names 6
    D / Stralman 3
    D / Suter 8
    G / Bishop 8
    UTIL / Shattenkirk 4

Total: 66.5 DK High Score in 2016 on a 12-Game Slate
    Good luck tonight!

• umwoz

Top of my head I would say Dallas, Winnipeg, Boston are gonna be the highest owned.

• TicketRaven

I like that Wpg team – confidence soaring
    I like Tatar, Eaves, and Netrasil
    I like Calgary a bit tonight w/ Backlund and Kulak to surpass value
    I like Bishop and Price in goal – but who doesn’t :-)

• savedatmoneyquan

Yeah think for cash Laine and Senguin are locks?

• lastairbender

Anyone know how to incorporate double stacks in the DK lineup builder? All the lineups being produced only make one of the stacks i have

• babaloos

Miller at 7k today could be an interesting play

• umwoz

Really one of those nights where I’ll be playing to win in GPPs rather than just to have a good score.

Trying a few head to heads for the first time tonight as well.

• bdvratoric

Missed out on Kucherov last week, TB in great spot at home. I’m all in

• eaglezzz

TB, Dal, Cal, Win are the only teams I will roster players from tonight. Looking for goals, lots and lots of goals.

Goalie is tough tonight IMO. Thinking Vasilevskiy and hoping TB wins a 5-2 type of game. I am off Price as I think the Kings can sneak out a 3-2 type of win. Jimmy Howard looks like the biggest favorite to pick up the win but scared off of him for some reason. On the cheap I don’t mind Cam Ward at home against Anaheim on a B2B with them starting Bernier.

Not sure if it is a night to pay up at defense either. Klingberg and a punt for me. Or maybe try to get up to Giordano.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

after taking the last 2 nights off of DFS due to election distractions and back to back 13 hour shifts, I’m off today and ready to enter some lus.

• scsa1998

@eaglezzz said...

TB, Dal, Cal, Win are the only teams I will roster players from tonight. Looking for goals, lots and lots of goals.

Goalie is tough tonight IMO. Thinking Vasilevskiy and hoping TB wins a 5-2 type of game. I am off Price as I think the Kings can sneak out a 3-2 type of win. Jimmy Howard looks like the biggest favorite to pick up the win but scared off of him for some reason. On the cheap I don’t mind Cam Ward at home against Anaheim on a B2B with them starting Bernier.

Not sure if it is a night to pay up at defense either. Klingberg and a punt for me. Or maybe try to get up to Giordano.

Currently in my lineup I plugged in Howard. Vancouver is still bad despite putting up 5 against the Rangers.

• kdub

Gonna be really hard to not be chalky tonight

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

jeesh. Take 2 days off and all hell breaks loose. Benn and Seguin split up and I just Roussel into a lu. What is this world coming to.

• Jagwarr

• 2016 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

hello everyone, playing some hockey for the first time in a long time and have a few newb questions if someone doesn’t mind.

First isn’t Laine extremley under priced on fd at least?

Now for my real question :) If a hockey team is up 3+ goals do they tend to play, let’s say the third line more then usual? Or do they keep the normal rotation going? Might they add a third defenceman?

Along those lines, is hockey like other sports as in once a big lead is had they get more conservative?

• james9119

@kdub said...

I agree. I have a lineup full of studs. Do you suggest leaving some money on the table on purpose and “downgrading” one spot? GPP

• TheTruthIsALie

Those are good questions. First, I would argue that hockey can be more “swingy” than other sports, so, unless we’re talking about late in the third period, being up 3+ goals isn’t any kind of guarantee; it has to be a substantial lead (maybe, say, 5 or 6 goals) before I think you will see significant line/strategy effects.

That said, you do see changes sometimes. Yes, a team with a big lead will probably try to slow the game down and play more conservative. You will almost always see all the lines cycle through, though, as energy is a real issue in hockey. If one line takes time off, the other lines will be gassed. Sure, the top lines will take shorter shifts with huge leads (or huge deficits), but they’ll usually still play. No, you will not see them add a third defenseman (and take off a forward); personally, I’ve never seen anything but 3 forwards and 2 defensive men at even strength.

• dyavid

@TheTruthIsALie said...

Those are good questions. First, I would argue that hockey can be more “swingy” than other sports, so, unless we’re talking about late in the third period, being up 3+ goals isn’t any kind of guarantee; it has to be a substantial lead (maybe, say, 5 or 6 goals) before I think you will see significant line/strategy effects.

That said, you do see changes sometimes. Yes, a team with a big lead will probably try to slow the game down and play more conservative. You will almost always see all the lines cycle through, though, as energy is a real issue in hockey. If one line takes time off, the other lines will be gassed. Sure, the top lines will take shorter shifts with huge leads (or huge deficits), but they’ll usually still play. No, you will not see them add a third defenseman (and take off a forward); personally, I’ve never seen anything but 3 forwards and 2 defensive men at even strength.

Rather than play a third dman, they will switch to a more defensive strategy such as playing a neutral zone trap and rolling all four lines evenly. This isn’t something to worry about because if your team pulls out to a large lead like this, theres a good chance the guys in your LU from that team have contributed to the large lead and are worth the roster spot.

• cplatt87

@Jagwarr said...

hello everyone, playing some hockey for the first time in a long time and have a few newb questions if someone doesn’t mind.

First isn’t Laine extremley under priced on fd at least?

Now for my real question :) If a hockey team is up 3+ goals do they tend to play, let’s say the third line more then usual? Or do they keep the normal rotation going? Might they add a third defenceman?

Along those lines, is hockey like other sports as in once a big lead is had they get more conservative?

Laine is underpriced on both sites honestly. However, he’s coming off a 3G/1A game and has one of the best matchups on the board, so just be aware he’s going to be super popular tonight.

You have a limited bench in hockey, so the top guys are almost always going to see the ice in the 3rd period even in a close game. However, teams may tend to “sit back” with a comfortable lead rather than continue to attack. However hockey is such a high variance sport you can’t really predict which games are going to end up like that IMO

• keephustlincuz

@kdub said...

What’s your order for ownership tonight?

I think it’s Win, Bos, Dal then Pit.

• DirtyDylz

@eaglezzz said...

I’d look at TJ Brodie over Gio…. looks like Brodie will be on pp1 tonight and is cheaper

Edit: not sure the PP1 thing will be a big plus as CGY PP has been straight poo lately

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@keephustlincuz said...

TB L1 will be up there too.

• Jagwarr

• 2016 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

Thank you so much for your replies. Other then straight chalk, I like James Reimer.

That Clutterbuck bobble head post made me laugh out loud when he scored. TY so much

• NextSignal

We’re assuming McElhinney is in net for Columbus, right? No confirmation yet.

Could be a lot of disappointed Boston owners on Fanduel if Bobrov gets the go. He’s been playing very well.

• NextSignal

Dailyfaceoff just confirmed Bobrov.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@keephustlincuz said...

Don’t have pitt, though I keep wondering if I need to have some but the first 3 you put are maybe my most exposed teams.

Have 1 lu with Fleury in nets. Otherwise, going with a mix of howard, price and Tuuuuuuuuka.

Have some lightning. Not feeling my Islanders. We always struggle down there but we can be a bit unpredictable there, too. Expecting a 4- 2 loss but would not shock me to win 5-3 either. Kind of like how last year’s playoff series was. Unpredictable.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).