NHL FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Arizona ( 151 ) at  Washington ( -175 ) —- T: 6u-25
    7:05 PM :  Ottawa ( 203 ) at  Carolina ( -245 ) —- T: 6½u-10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 Results

Mr_Papageorgio – 148.7
    KETTLEHEADS – 136.5
    Sully556 – 135.3
    the_sashi – 114.1
    flipp39 – 97.2

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 (11/11 – 7:00 PM)

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/80554752

• Sully556

That was my first time playing with you guys. 3rd place not too bad, sometimes it pays to be a Blackhawks homer haha

• Volkster6

Brutal last 15 days … officially tilted, and not sure how to get out of it…

I know my high stakes comes with huge swings and one profitable night like Papa hit last week will swing me right back around — I’m fine with that. Tolerance is dwindling but still there. I’ll have to deposit again but I’ve been in this a long time and understand the grind.

My question — how do I reshape my image of good plays? What have others done lately to bust slumps?

• mr_papageorgio

@Volkster6 said...

Brutal last 15 days … officially tilted, and not sure how to get out of it…

I know my high stakes comes with huge swings and one profitable night like Papa hit last week will swing me right back around — I’m fine with that. Tolerance is dwindling but still there. I’ll have to deposit again but I’ve been in this a long time and understand the grind.

My question — how do I reshape my image of good plays? What have others done lately to bust slumps?

I usually just keep playing and trusting my process but taking a couple days off is probably a better idea. I played high stakes MLB all season and literally made almost all my profit from 5 (very) good days so especially with GPPs you have to be patient and able to stomach some nasty losing streaks.

You seem like you know hockey pretty well so I’d say just keep grinding and if you want a double check post some of your plays in here. Lots of sharp minds in here and everyone is very willing to share their thoughts which makes this forum awesome!

I don’t love tonight especially with DK really tightening the screws on pricing but my current plan is to prioritize CAR, play the ARI goalie, one of Ovi or Carlson and then figure the rest out. Not seeing much value but I’m going with Edmundson again. He has to luck into a point eventually and his peripherals provide a decent floor for 2.7k.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Don’t think there’s a perfect answer for how to bust out. Honestly though I think when it gets there you just have to play a little less and focus on one lineup. But if you are already a one lineup guy, maybe try going with a more balanced build (depends on slate size).

I for one used to plug in at least one full line. Now I have been more into the expensive duos (Berg/Pasta, Pasta/Marchand, McDavid/Drai, etc.). I think it’s important to somehow grab pieces of the “one big line” teams. IMO that gets you started with a “more predictable” outcome if that makes sense. If possible I like to pair a PP D with said duo but sometimes I settle for a bargain D for the same team (even if they aren’t necessarily on the PP).

From there it gets a little more iffy. First I’ll try to find the next value line/duo but if I don’t see something I like, I look for high shot volume as I’ve found that 5+ bonus is almost a necessity. This has lead me to the Gallaghers, Hoffmans, JVRs, and the list goes on.

I’m sure that’s a lot of what you’ve been doing so keep chugging along and things will get back to normal. Lately it’s seemed like you need the 20+ point defensemen to do anything. And sometimes it comes to taking an unpopular stand (like me on my homer Wings the other night against the Bruins). Good luck!

• lemay88

@mr_papageorgio said...

I don’t love tonight especially with DK really tightening the screws on pricing but my current plan is to prioritize CAR, play the ARI goalie, one of Ovi or Carlson and then figure the rest out. Not seeing much value but I’m going with Edmundson again. He has to luck into a point eventually and his peripherals provide a decent floor for 2.7k.

Just curious why you love Carolina so much? 3 game losing streak against Nilsson who is posting .930 save percentage. Mrazek is shaky at best lately.

Edit: Carolina is a one line team right now with Haula out again

• mr_papageorgio

@lemay88 said...

Just curious why you love Carolina so much? 3 game losing streak against Nilsson who is posting .930 save percentage. Mrazek is shaky at best lately.

Edit: Carolina is a one line team right now with Haula out again

That Aho/Terevainen/Niederreiter line was money last season and it looks like they are back together. I could certainly be wrong but I think at home they get a few past Nilsson.

• yisman

I just want to know what bkreider likes.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@mr_papageorgio said...

I usually just keep playing and trusting my process but taking a couple days off is probably a better idea.

That’s where I’m at for now. I’ll play some qualifiers just because I want to go to Nashville, but I’ll wait for bkreider to win his 3rd ticket so I can play a contest he’s not in (if you read this, please note I’m not bashing. I’m actually jealous, as is everyone playing NHL DFS this season).

• mathewsmarner

Svechnikov anyone?

• keephustlincuz

@mr_papageorgio said...

That Aho/Terevainen/Niederreiter line was money last season and it looks like they are back together. I could certainly be wrong but I think at home they get a few past Nilsson.

That’s not what I’m seeing. Their lines are all messed up it looks like.

• mr_papageorgio

@keephustlincuz said...

That’s not what I’m seeing. Their lines are all messed up it looks like.

Yeah I’m seeing different things now (DFO had the line I mentioned this morning but it changed). Looking at shifts from the last game it looks like they did some switching in game but Nino got most of this time with Aho/Teuvo. Probably have to wait til pregame to know what they are up to.

MM – I don’t have Svechnikov tonight and pretty much always get him wrong so he’s probably a good play. I like him plenty tonight just couldn’t make the salary work.

• keephustlincuz

@mr_papageorgio said...

eah I’m seeing different things now (DFO had the line I mentioned this morning but it changed).

Here you go boss.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/projected-lineup-ottawa-senators-carolina-hurricanes/c-311164432

Hot take alert: Dzingel revenge game. Calling 1G 1A 3SOG.

• mr_papageorgio

@keephustlincuz said...

Here you go boss.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/projected-lineup-ottawa-senators-carolina-hurricanes/c-311164432

Hot take alert: Dzingel revenge game. Calling 1G 1A 3SOG.

Thanks! Yeah I was looking at him instead of Nino so I at least get some PP correlation. Gonna try to jam in Svechikov but as I said earlier pricing is tough tonight.

• mattspot10

If you’re looking for a cheap d man, take a look at Siegenthaler on WAS. I’ve been using him for a week now and he lucked into a goal last game. Blocks a ton of shots and his last four games are 9.9, 9.5, 8.4, and 19.5.

Now if I could only get the rest of my lineup to produce…

• Supersharpie

Not DFS related but Don Cherry was fired today.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@keephustlincuz said...

Hot take alert: Dzingel revenge game.

It’s also a Panik revenge game!

• keephustlincuz

@mr_papageorgio said...

Thanks! Yeah I was looking at him instead of Nino so I at least get some PP correlation. Gonna try to jam in Svechikov but as I said earlier pricing is tough tonight.

Svech… 100th game played tonight.

Panik at the disco.

Alright… its settled. All narrative team in the forum contest.

• stellagirl

Coupla bucks worth of Tkachuk/Duclair/Chabot & ARI2 for me.

At least if it hits, it’ll be low owned.

And cute puppy gif for good measure:

• mr_papageorgio

I’m starting to think I’m going to end up looking like a jerk tonight for the number of Jerks I have in my LU.

• stellagirl

At least you’re not rolling out two terrible teams on the road against solid opponents in a fit of -EVness like I am!

• mr_papageorgio

@stellagirl said...

At least you’re not rolling out two terrible teams on the road against solid opponents in a fit of -EVness like I am!

Hey as far as I’m concerned literally anything is in play on a 2 game slate. Crazier things have happened!

• yisman

@Supersharpie said...

Not DFS related but Don Cherry was fired today.

Biggest news today in Canada. I am stunned.

He’s said things like this before. He is who he is. They knew who he is. This is bizarre.

• yisman

punting with Soderberg, I think

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).