7:05 PM :  Columbus ( 160 ) at  Montreal ( -180 ) —- T: 6o-15
    7:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Colorado ( -105 ) at  Winnipeg ( -115 ) —- T: 6u-10
    8:05 PM :  Arizona ( 145 ) at  St. Louis ( -165 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    10:05 PM :  Detroit ( 140 ) at  Anaheim ( -160 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    10:05 PM :  Nashville ( -110 ) at  Vancouver ( -110 ) —- T: 6u-10
    10:35 PM :  Edmonton ( 115 ) at  San Jose ( -135 ) —- T: 6u-15
    10:35 PM :  Minnesota ( -115 ) at  Los Angeles ( -105 ) —- T: 6o-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• mr_papageorgio

@stellagirl said...

Ryan Miller confirmed in net for the ducks.

Amazing.

So much for the Larkin line being sneaky now.

• keephustlincuz

@mr_papageorgio said...

So much for the Larkin line being sneaky now.

You are still good.

• lwilly

Is it a mistake to include too many players from the same team in cash games on big slates like this? I always get scared away from loading up on a single team I think is in a great spot because of the different avenues there are to the complete team/line whiffing.

• Steverino01

@lwilly said...

Is it a mistake to include too many players from the same team in cash games on big slates like this? I always get scared away from loading up on a single team I think is in a great spot because of the different avenues there are to the complete team/line whiffing.

I don’t play cash, but in GPP I try not to overload on one team.

Don’t recall many on here talking cash in NHL.

I was actually in a pretty good slump and decided to change things up a week ago. Quit taking full lines and went with 3 duos or 2-2-1-1. I do try to throw in a D from the 3 or 4 teams I’m on if it fits. Been hitting all nights but one since. It could be just a normal part of ups and downs in DFS or perhaps I hit on something with this new scoring system on DK.

• Steverino01

@Felixxberg said...

I’m only playing the slate as I’m trying to grind my way back up, but I’d play BOS1 for sure.

Two of my rules apply today: always play BOS1, especially at home, and always stack against Bernier (assuming he’s in), especially when he’s on the road. I also think stacking against Elvis makes sense, but Habs have balanced lines, so they’re unpredictable.

My punt D of the day is Guhle (if he plays).

Yea my initial build / placeholder last night was 3 duos of BOS1 MON and ANH.

Yea Guhle and Mahura are both confirmed to play tonight. I’ll probably go with Guhle, but Mahura possibly being on PP is interesting also.

Still got a lot of looking around to do.

• Canuckage

Decisions decisions…. I got some stacks with ANA2 but wondering if I should stick with Miller as goalie or upgrade to Binnington.

• Canuckage

Looks like there will be a big overlay at the $7 FD main pool! Gogogo enter!

• stellagirl

Yea, FD sent a notification out about an hour ago. I figured…. “overlay”. Went and looked, and 7,500 out of ~13,000 less than 2 hours from lock.

• Steverino01

It’s so hard to figure out who to plug in for Montreal. The scoring can come from any line on any given night. You choose wrong, you’re screwed. I’m now thinking of just plugging in Cousins and using the extra money to plug in the full BOS 1 line, but that goes against what I’ve been doing lately, not playing full lines.

Ugh I’ve been doing way too much tinkering and still an hour to go.

• stellagirl

@Steverino01 said...

It’s so hard to figure out who to plug in for Montreal. The scoring can come from any line on any given night. You choose wrong, you’re screwed. I’m now thinking of just plugging in Cousins and using the extra money to plug in the full BOS 1 line, but that goes against what I’ve been doing lately, not playing full lines.

Ugh I’ve been doing way too much tinkering and still an hour to go.

Agreed. I landed on Domi/Armia/Weber and danault/Gallagher/Petry since at least the first two in those trios are on the same line and PP correlation.

• Volkster6

I went with (4) duos tonight … one of Montreal’s Cousins Thompson.

• keephustlincuz

I’m pretty interested to see who everybody played in the forum contest tonight.

• Steverino01

@stellagirl said...

Agreed. I landed on Domi/Armia/Weber and danault/Gallagher/Petry since at least the first two in those trios are on the same line and PP correlation.

Yea I like those duos also, but I can’t fit them into my build without freeing up cash elsewhere.

I did just now figure out a way to get a duo in by changing my ANH duo, which I just know will come back to haunt me if I go through with it.

I need a beer.

• hautalak

Well I missed on the forum contest so I setup a $2 WTA here. Join and good luck! BOS chalk night haha

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/80689754

• mr_papageorgio

@keephustlincuz said...

I’m pretty interested to see who everybody played in the forum contest tonight.

PIT1 with Schultz, a WPG duo, Dubs for me. Probably a donation night but I’m committed to the BOS fade at this point.

• Steverino01

Anyone else totally fading the EDM/SJ late night hammer? I’m starting to question if fading that game is a good move. Well too late now.

I felt good about my roster before I started tinkering. And here I am still looking at Georgiev as my goalie.

• Volkster6

I have managed to stay with my original roster since the early morning … wow … when it busts tonight I’ll be happy i at least didn’t tinker with the junk

• jjwd

@Canuckage said...

Looks like there will be a big overlay at the $7 FD main pool! Gogogo enter!

dumb contest structure. But i’m sure FD will mistakenly use this as evidence of NHL unpopularity

• mathewsmarner

Theres a reason why these betting sites make you pick from 3 different teams, thats because game stacking works

• yisman

missed playing on DK/yahoo tonight because I had 9 tickets for the FD $7 I had won from satellites

jammed in lineups quickly

I see I have two Cousins, wish I had Perrault and Comtois instead

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 30 Player – Top 5 (11/13 – 7:00 PM)

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/80692929

• sizzlebeans

@mr_papageorgio said...

PIT1 with Schultz, a WPG duo, Dubs for me. Probably a donation night but I’m committed to the BOS fade at this point.

PIT1 w/ Schultz for me too, with Berg/Past/Grizz and Cousins.

@ Steverino – advanced metrics don’t show that EDM/SJS game to be high scoring. As a SJ homer I really wanted to play some of our guys but faded it. Faded all the Pacific games (not something I like to do). Just have NSH goalie for my late night hammer.

• yisman

lineuphq keeps trying to push Colin Wilson into everyone’s lineups. He’s injured and hasn’t played in weeks.

meanwhile, waiting on Nashville’s goalie as usual

• lertno

Thanks for the update . I had wilson in 8 lineups

• sizzlebeans

In the $121 single entry game, BKreider, Slewfoot, Cicima, ezellmt, q80min all have some part of a BOS1 stack going. Loumister and Shashi completely faded the early start games.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler