7:05 PM :  Buffalo ( 180 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -220 ) —- T: 180
    7:35 PM :  Columbus ( -105 ) at  Montreal ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:35 PM :  Dallas ( 0 ) at  Florida ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Arizona ( 175 ) at  Winnipeg ( -210 ) —- T: 175
    8:05 PM :  Washington ( 120 ) at  Nashville ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    8:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 125 ) at  Minnesota ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    9:05 PM :  Vegas ( 170 ) at  Edmonton ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    10:35 PM :  Vancouver ( 170 ) at  Los Angeles ( -200 ) —- T: 170

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

I am! And also a lawyer

Lawyer in Ontario over here (also not a criminal lawyer)!

• StPaulMick

@Blahaaron said...

Im thinking of switching Lou. I had Lindgren before. I’m looking for a goalie who will see a lot of shots but win.

How about Devan Doobie at home v. Philly?

• Blahaaron

@StPaulMick said...

Thanks, Benn. I have a question…for a friend. Let’s say this friend received a stateside misdemeanor dui like 15 years ago, and would never do it again. Can that person ever hope to return to the frozen north?

There are some good tips here for your friend

http://www.ezbordercrossing.com/the-inspection-experience/prior-criminal-offenses/crossing-canadian-border-with-a-dui/

• StPaulMick

@Zieg30 said...

Geez, sucks having to play against all these smart people. Seriously, though.

I have contacted an atty in Canada in the past. I really would like to get it taken care of, if possible. My wife is a French speaker who has looked for work in Montreal. I really do love Canada. As a kid I did a canoe trip from Thompson to Churchill on Hudson’s bay, coming up the Churchill River. it was amazing.

• dyavid

@StPaulMick said...

I was about to say Dubs w B2B shutouts is an option. He’s a streaky goaltender and is hot right now.Pretty sure he had a three game shutout streak around this time last year. Lindgren is in play. Considering Holtby too but he’s risky

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

Nice! I’m based in Montreal and I do mostly civil litigation, but also corporate, contract and real estate law.

@Benn91, tu viens de quel endroit? Je suis de Boucherville.

Now for tonight’s hockey, I can’t wait for the line matching article to come out. It will help a lot on a big slate like that!

• StPaulMick

@Blahaaron said...

There are some good tips here for your friend

Thanks, Blah. Light reading material for me tonight. For my friend, I mean. lol

• StPaulMick

Pens are due to get creamed. I have a bit of interest in BUF1. I haven’t been paying a lot of attention, but it seems like Kane/Eichel/Reinhardt is a bit of a tweak to what they’ve been rolling out recently. Could bring Jack back to life.

• eqn778

Hey I am new here

I am playing Head Up match up vs my friend on FD.

I am getting crush since 2 year now. I am wondering if you guys have some tips for me ? :P

I am using the lineup HQ since a few weeks now Is this the best way to make optimize line up ?

finally, there is many option that I am not sure if I should use it or not.

EXEMPLE :

no offense vs goalie ?
    use min/max Exposures ?

Thanks for you help

• Felixxberg

@StPaulMick said...

I really do love Canada. As a kid I did a canoe trip from Thompson to Churchill on Hudson’s bay, coming up the Churchill River. it was amazing.

Nice! I visited a lot of places in the USA and I liked most of them! Had a complete blast in Florida during the Miami Music Week (in March) last year!

• StPaulMick

@eqn778 said...

EXEMPLE :

no offense vs goalie ?
    use min/max Exposures ?

Thanks for you help

Hi there! Thanks for joining in the conversation. No offense versus your goaltender is wise, a rule that should be adhered to in almost all cases. The min/max exposure thing is a tool that is basically only used in creation of multiple lineups, tournament mass entry stuff.

I would not recommend using lineupHQ at all, especially not in the case of creating a head to head lineup.

• Benn91

@Felixxberg said...

@Benn91, tu viens de quel endroit? Je suis de Boucherville.

Chambly

• PhoFever

@StPaulMick said...

I really do love Canada. As a kid I did a canoe trip from Thompson to Churchill on Hudson’s bay, coming up the Churchill River. it was amazing.

I second that. Loved it so much that I married a gal from Vancouver, and my 1 year old son is about to become a dual citizen….lucky dude.

I was surprised to learn recently that West Coast snobbery exists in Canada, too….people in BC don’t seem to think highly of Toronto. Went to Toronto last year for the first time myself, and thought it was terrific. I’ll tell you this: as far as hockey goes, the Canucks are about as likable as Nickleback and Justin Bieber. Leafs all the way.

• StPaulMick

@StPaulMick said...

@eqn778 said…

A lot of us in here are large field tournament players. The strategy in head to head stuff is a little different. In tournaments the preferred method is to stack lineups, but this leads to boom or bust type situations which are not ideal in the head to head situations. There’s a lot of talk of “floors” and “ceilings”. In head to heads, it is generally said that you should look to players who have a solid, consistent floor—which is a way of saying they routinely achieve a certain point total (that is, their floor). Think of players who see a lot of ice, and have power play usage, consistent producers.

• eqn778

@StPaulMick said...

I would not recommend using lineupHQ at all, especially not in the case of creating a head to head lineup.

How would you proceed ? Thanks

• eqn778

Why dont you like the lineup HQ for HU play ? I mean you need to optimize your point in head up no ?

• Benn91

How many lives does Niemi has??? He is now a habs …

• eqn778

Any other post you think I should go to get help ?

thanks a lot

• StPaulMick

@eqn778 said...

I mean you need to optimize your point in head up no ?

Indeed, you do. I just am of the opinion that a.) rotogrinders doesn’t really put that much effort into their hockey offering and, b.) you can come up with better lineups on your own.

• StPaulMick

@eqn778 said...

Lots of people in here display portions of their lineups in order to be critiqued by the other users here. I think that is the most valuable resource of all.

• zachrob2k

@keephustlincuz said...

Using the high leverage Lehtonen play?

Nah. I mean sure, I think FLA is in a pretty good spot, but I’m more on EDM and MTL 1’s with Rinne in net. Either him or Helle

• Felixxberg

@eqn778 said...

thanks a lot

I don’t know if it’s any good for hockey, but I followed this site’s recommendations for baseball (I know nothing about that sport) and I have done pretty well: https://dfsreport.com/.

Also, there is the now famous line matching article on dailyfaceoff (https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/line-matching/) that you have to pay for, but I wouldn’t use it for H2H, because it gives you an edge on line stacks but not on individual players.

• zachrob2k

@StPaulMick said...

I like that move

• zachrob2k

@StPaulMick said...

Pens are due to get creamed. I have a bit of interest in BUF1. I haven’t been paying a lot of attention, but it seems like Kane/Eichel/Reinhardt is a bit of a tweak to what they’ve been rolling out recently. Could bring Jack back to life.

Interesting…

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Seahawktom said...

I second that. Loved it so much that I married a gal from Vancouver, and my 1 year old son is about to become a dual citizen….lucky dude.

I was surprised to learn recently that West Coast snobbery exists in Canada, too….people in BC don’t seem to think highly of Toronto. Went to Toronto last year for the first time myself, and thought it was terrific. I’ll tell you this: as far as hockey goes, the Canucks are about as likable as Nickleback and Justin Bieber. Leafs all the way.

I married a native Torontonian. Lost the game of chicken and moved to Toronto from NYC in 2015. My 15-month old is also now a dual citizen.

Toronto is a very nice city with good people, for the most part.

Hockey content: anyone know Montreal’s lines today? Seems to be some question marks, and the beat writers I’ve canvassed don’t have anything clarifying.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).