7:05 PM :  Buffalo ( 180 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -220 ) —- T: 180
    7:35 PM :  Columbus ( -105 ) at  Montreal ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:35 PM :  Dallas ( 0 ) at  Florida ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Arizona ( 175 ) at  Winnipeg ( -210 ) —- T: 175
    8:05 PM :  Washington ( 120 ) at  Nashville ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    8:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 125 ) at  Minnesota ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    9:05 PM :  Vegas ( 170 ) at  Edmonton ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    10:35 PM :  Vancouver ( 170 ) at  Los Angeles ( -200 ) —- T: 170

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• zachrob2k

@Zieg30 said...

Hockey content: anyone know Montreal’s lines today? Seems to be some question marks, and the beat writers I’ve canvassed don’t have anything clarifying.

According to Daily Faceoff, it’s gonna be Danault-Pacioretty-Shaw on the 1st line, with Drouin-Byron-Galchenyuk on the second line.

• StPaulMick

@Seahawktom said...

I was surprised to learn recently that West Coast snobbery exists in Canada, too….people in BC don’t seem to think highly of Toronto.

I have heard some jokes regarding the “refined” fans in Rogers Arena who sip on their lattees all game. Maybe Toronto is the Portland to your Seattle, Tom. Lol.

That’s awesome about your son. Dual is the way to go. Less chance of being ridiculed in Europe with a Canadian passport.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@zachrob2k said...

According to Daily Faceoff, it’s gonna be Danault-Pacioretty-Shaw on the 1st line, with Drouin-Byron-Galchenyuk on the second line.

RG is throwing Drouin on the first line. Wonder why.

• zachrob2k

@Zieg30 said...

RG is throwing Drouin on the first line. Wonder why.

Yeah I’m not really sure. And when you check projected lines on Fanduel they confirm what RG believes. But Daily Faceoff pulled their info from a beat reporter for the team, Arpon Basu. Here’s the link: https://twitter.com/ArponBasu/status/930466413722161152

• PhoFever

@Zieg30 said...

I married a native Torontonian. Lost the game of chicken and moved to Toronto from NYC in 2015. My 15-month old is also now a dual citizen.

Interesting, and cool. Can you play DFS up there through normal channels?

I’m also wondering about Montreal. A have a sneaky feeling they might score 4-5 tonight.

• zachrob2k

@Seahawktom said...

A have a sneaky feeling they might score 4-5 tonight.

I’m loving that take. I’m really on the MTL2 line now even without Lehkonen

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

@zachrob2k said...

Yeah I’m not really sure. And when you check projected lines on Fanduel they confirm what RG believes. But Daily Faceoff pulled their info from a beat reporter for the team, Arpon Basu. Here’s the link: https://twitter.com/ArponBasu/status/930466413722161152

Thanks for that link. I’m going to go with DFO + that beat writer unless we hear confirmation otherwise.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

@Seahawktom said...

Interesting, and cool. Can you play DFS up there through normal channels?

I’m also wondering about Montreal. A have a sneaky feeling they might score 4-5 tonight.

Yup. No issues with DFS in Canada.

Real frustrating that I still have to pay US taxes on any DFS winnings, though, when they wouldn’t have been taxed by the Canadian government.

• Blahaaron

Well i may just pick Dubnyk for the 8 dollar game. I’m more interested in following the players I’ve seen mass enter 100 plus entries. If they dont get top 10 itll be a bust

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Habs lines: https://twitter.com/JohnLuTSNMtl/status/930467104310091777.

Plekanec’s line could be a very sneaky play tonight!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

@Felixxberg said...

Habs lines: https://twitter.com/JohnLuTSNMtl/status/930467104310091777.

Plekanec’s line could be a very sneaky play tonight!

I don’t think I can bring myself to do MTL L3 tonight. Hudon got 7 minutes last game. Plek is sitting at 6 points for the season. I’m interested in Gallagher, but I rarely do one-offs.

• nmcross71

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether or not it was worth trying out the DFO article. It’s pretty expensive and I’m hesitant to buy in at that price.

• StPaulMick

@nmcross71 said...

It’s pretty expensive and I’m hesitant to buy in at that price.

I said the same thing last week and I still have yet to pull the trigger. It was pointed out to me that if you do the monthly package it is 5 bucks a week, rather than 10. Everyone in here who has it has said it is worthwhile.

• dandub9

LWL has Galch-Drouin-Byron for MTL 1, posted at 11am est following morning skate

• Felixxberg

@nmcross71 said...

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether or not it was worth trying out the DFO article. It’s pretty expensive and I’m hesitant to buy in at that price.

I recommend it for sure. You should wait until the start of December though, to have it at $20 for the month.

• PhoFever

@StPaulMick said...

I have heard some jokes regarding the “refined” fans in Rogers Arena who sip on their lattees all game. Maybe Toronto is the Portland to your Seattle, Tom. Lol.

That’s awesome about your son. Dual is the way to go. Less chance of being ridiculed in Europe with a Canadian passport.

I love espresso myself, so I won’t bash the Rogers Arena people for that, but I can find other faults with Vancouver fans, aka, what they do when they lose game 7s of Stanley Cups.

• yisman

I’ve been forgetting to use Scandella lately but it’s time to get back on that horse.

He’s not much of an offensive player but he gets good ice time and he’s always cheap.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

I don’t think I can bring myself to do MTL L3 tonight. Hudon got 7 minutes last game. Plek is sitting at 6 points for the season. I’m interested in Gallagher, but I rarely do one-offs.

I’m busy at work today and didn’t realize they were playing against MVP Bobrovsky. I won’t be too high on MTL in general.

• Quickparty

If you’re interested in the DFO article, slip the Twitter DMs (@adalyfrey) and we can try to work something out – can’t promise a discount or anything, but could maybe throw a trial your way. Alternatively, I made a tutorial video that shows how I basically write it…but it’s pretty time consuming stuff.
    Trying to prevent burning myself out so trying some different formats, if anyone that pays for it has feedback on changes feel free to let me know.

And to stay relatively on topic, DAL1 back together and facing the second worst PK unit is intriguing at super-low ownership. Not sure I can pull the trigger though.

• NextSignal

Wasn’t there a larger, standard $5k to 1st Breakaway on FD late last night for today or am I crazy? Did it fill?

• Felixxberg

@Quickparty said...

If you’re interested in the DFO article, slip the Twitter DMs (@adalyfrey) and we can try to work something out – can’t promise a discount or anything, but could maybe throw a trial your way. Alternatively, I made a tutorial video that shows how I basically write it…but it’s pretty time consuming stuff.
    Trying to prevent burning myself out so trying some different formats, if anyone that pays for it has feedback on changes feel free to let me know.

And to stay relatively on topic, DAL1 back together and facing the second worst PK unit is intriguing at super-low ownership. Not sure I can pull the trigger though.

I tried to do it myself when it was announced that we had to pay, but like you say, it’s very time consuming. Also, I’m not too familiar with all of these advanced stats.

As someone who reads it since day 1, I don’t need as much explanation as earlier, since I now know some stuff by hearth (like that MTL’s lines are crushing every team, for example), but it helps a lot when there are new lines or matchups that seem fair but aren’t.

For large slates, I like the new format. I preferred the old one since it was more complete but I understand that you’re human and that lines change a lot between games. It would be impossible to write something complete about every matchup before like 6pm, so the new format makes a lot of sense.

For smaller slates, the more we have, the more I like it. It’s nice to see if 3rd or 4th liners have a legitimate shot at doing something.

Thanks again for these articles!

• Quickparty

Anytime, glad you’re on board! On the smaller slates I’ll try to go more in-depth, and at some point when I get some time can make an explainer on why things are relevant

• yisman

DK is claiming that tonight is the last time they’re running the Dangle.

• Canuckage

@yisman said...

DK is claiming that tonight is the last time they’re running the Dangle.

What does that mean? Last time for $8 buyin or just that tournament in general

• octagon

Source?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).