NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  Calgary ( 0 ) at  Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 110 ) at  Chicago ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    10:05 PM :  Boston ( 105 ) at  Anaheim ( -125 ) —- T: 105

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hautalak

Single biased bullet tonight and taking Wings L2 minus Tatar add Mantha plug in Green. So basically PP1 minus Nielsen. Plug in some Ducks and fading the “chalk” game.

• Felixxberg

Well, after a few rough days, I’m down to the night where it’s go big or go home! If I lose tonight, I’ll have to lower my daily investment. Wish I could go back to the beginning of the week when my bankroll was a lot higher!

• zachrob2k

@Felixxberg said...

Well, after a few rough days, I’m down to the night where it’s go big or go home! If I lose tonight, I’ll have to lower my daily investment. Wish I could go back to the beginning of the week when my bankroll was a lot higher!

Good luck man. “Survive and advance” is a motto I think everyone should live by. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

• zachrob2k

For tonight, I don’t think we can avoid how bad NYR’s defense is, so I’m just gonna eat the chalk with CHI1 and hope it’s delicious, and differentiate with BOS1 and Rask in net. My question to you all is, is Rask too risky? The metrics are in his favor but are the BOS lines 2-4 just so bad that Rask is just a bad start?

• zachrob2k

I like CGY1 a lot tonight

• dyavid

CGY on the road = CGY2 night

• zachrob2k

@dyavid said...

CGY on the road = CGY2 night

What makes you say that?

• Felixxberg

@zachrob2k said...

For tonight, I don’t think we can avoid how bad NYR’s defense is, so I’m just gonna eat the chalk with CHI1 and hope it’s delicious, and differentiate with BOS1 and Rask in net. My question to you all is, is Rask too risky? The metrics are in his favor but are the BOS lines 2-4 just so bad that Rask is just a bad start?

He’s having a rough year for sure but at the same time, on a 3 game slate, I don’t think any goalie is a bad play, except maybe Lack since he’s $7,400 (more than Rask).

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

I sank huge in bank roll for about 2 weeks until I started mixing in some 50/50s, Double Ups and Triple Ups recently. It has bouyed me enough to keep playing single entry and 3 max GPPs and cash games. It’s maintaining and slowly increasing my BR. Going to mix in some 3, 5, and 15 man games for cash games tonight to see if I can eek out a little more on the cash game side.

EDIT: If you stay in the $3 or less games you avoid some of the heavy hitters, too.

• sizzlebeans

@zachrob2k said...

I haven’t looked at data yet today, but my initial dummy LU has Gibson. I don’t think BOS has enough speed to get many in against the Ducks defense. Silvy and Cogs vs the Bruins top line will neutralize them and I don’t see their second line doing much against Pesky Perry and the Ducks top line.

• dyavid

@zachrob2k said...

What makes you say that?

I’ve just found that line is more offensive on the road. I think it may be because they are able to dictate matchups at home vs not being able to on the road. At home they are the shutdown line as the try to get the CGY1 a better matchup while on the road the opposing teams toughest line will match with CGY1.

Splits this year for that line:
    Backlund – Home – 11gp – 1G 5A – 6P Road 6GP 3G 2A – 5P
    Tkachuk – Home – 11gp – 1G 5A – 6P Road 6GP 3G 4A – 7P
    Frolik – Home – 11gp – 2G 1A – 3P Road 6GP 1G 4A – 5P

• Zieg30

@dyavid said...

while on the road the opposing teams toughest line will match with CGY1.

I think it’s this.

Any team’s top defensive line (those that line match) will focus on CGY L1, leaving weaker defensive lines for the rest of the lines. I’m always looking harder at second and third lines when they’re on the road.

• Zieg30

Also, honestly getting fed up with DK.

I enjoy the consistent $50,000 GPPs for the NHL, which is higher than seasons’ past, but I’d prefer they mixed in some $4 20-maxes at $40,000 just so we don’t have to see the same damn 150-entry names at the top of the leaderboard every tournament, and so we can hope that not every third line that goes off will actually be taken by somebody.

The payout structure for tonight’s $8 is also horrible. 20% of the pool to first, a $9,800 difference between first place and SEVENTH place. Just horrible. I’ve written to give feedback and tell them I won’t be playing it tonight. Make first place $5,000, or $7,500 if you have to, and filter the difference throughout the top 15.

• sizzlebeans

@Zieg30 said...

Also, honestly getting fed up with DK.

I enjoy the consistent $50,000 GPPs for the NHL, which is higher than seasons’ past, but I’d prefer they mixed in some $4 20-maxes at $40,000 just so we don’t have to see the same damn 150-entry names at the top of the leaderboard every tournament, and so we can hope that not every third line that goes off will actually be taken by somebody.

The payout structure for tonight’s $8 is also horrible. 20% of the pool to first, a $9,800 difference between first place and SEVENTH place. Just horrible. I’ve written to give feedback and tell them I won’t be playing it tonight. Make first place $5,000, or $7,500 if you have to, and filter the difference throughout the top 15.

+1

I wish they would bring back the original $40k Forecheck at 20 max entries for the casual players like myself and probably more on here. I have not once entered the $8 150 max because I’d be out-sharked. Not going to waste my money. Their 20 max Sniper is a joke of a replacement for the original Forecheck, only offering a max $1000 prize on full slate nights. I played the 3 max Forecheck last night, which has a high percentage of payouts, and will probably roll with that one again tonight.

@DraftKings PLEASE bring back the $40k Forecheck with the $3000 top prize for those of us not willing to venture into 150 entry waters for twice the entry fee!!!

• StPaulMick

*Deleted

• SteveM

@Zieg30 said...

Totally agree!

DK has been all over the place with their GPP offerings this season. As a result, FD is getting a lot more of my action than years past and I don’t even like their product as much as DK’s. I encourage others to speak up to DK and to also speak up with their rake $$$. Maybe FD pools can grow, too.

IMO this (GPP payout structure) is something players should care more about. For one thing, it informs proper GPP strategy.

As an example, one day earlier this season I played a whole bunch of different GPPs on DK. The structures were vastly different and there didn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason to it. On this particular day, the top prize (as a multiple of buyin cost) ranged from 750x to 17x. In comparison, last night’s $8 GPP paid out 1875x to 1st place. There was some correlation with field size, with larger fields generally paying more for 1st place, but even there you had weird exceptions like two GPPs each paying out 100x for 1st place, but one had a field size triple that of the other.

A lot of us come from a poker background. It seems to me that model of having a predetermined, published payout structure (in terms of % of prize pool) that scales with number of entries would be a lot simpler to implement by the site and understand by the players. The current system seems like some dude sitting there thinking, “hmmm… so what should I offer tonight???”

• Blahaaron

New strategy. Just pick players who have point streaks.

• Felixxberg

Goalie matchups:

Eddie Lack away: .857, 4.01 (only 1 game away, but he’s .857, 3.75 in 3 total games)
    Jimmy Howard home: .922, 2.57

Henrik Lundqvist away: .901, 3.58
    Corey Crawford home: .938, 2.10

Tuukka Rask away: .896, 3.24 OR Anton Khudobin away : .932, 2.14
    John Gibson home: .922, 2.77

• mt6rings

On a 3 game slate – do you guys like to stack lines or go with duos? Thanks for your input.

• Blahaaron

Going with the hot glove of the bunch. King Henrik has 6 wins in a row including 2 on the road. Last two games he let 2 in on each.

• SteveM

@mt6rings said...

On a 3 game slate – do you guys like to stack lines or go with duos? Thanks for your input.

Assuming you are asking about GPPs…
    If you stack obvious lines on a small slate you may find yourself with an identical lineup to one or more others, effectively limiting the top prize that lineup can win. Given the topheavy payout structure, this is to be avoided (and also why it is counterproductive to share lineups). Duos or less popular lines reduce this risk.

• sizzlebeans

Here’s the corsica data for today’s slate. Heavily favors CHI and DET.

NOTE: all the columns with an “f” is the data for that team. All the columns with an “a” (against) is the data for that teams opponent.

Team pdo xpdo dpdo cf ff sf gf xgf pd ca fa sa ga xga pt goalie sv% gaa
    CGY 101.48 99.61 1.87 50.23 38.11 26.49 1.90 2.31 4.19 46.48 37.19 29.33 2.23 2.31 2.46 Howard 92.2 2.57
    DET 100.53 100.07 0.45 48.65 38.90 27.61 2.25 2.44 3.08 56.92 45.46 34.04 1.94 2.94 4.63 Lack 85.7 4.01
    NYR 97.00 98.37 -1.38 46.63 38.15 30.02 2.00 2.31 4.68 50.60 39.14 32.42 1.72 2.32 3.97 Crawford 93.8 2.10
    CHI 103.64 100.58 3.06 57.97 41.42 33.33 2.98 2.70 6.18 59.59 46.87 34.40 3.33 3.60 4.42 Hank 90.1 3.58
    BOS 100.19 100.24 -0.05 49.43 35.61 24.24 2.00 2.25 4.78 53.85 40.58 28.87 2.37 2.50 5.54 Gibson 92.2 2.77
    ANA 99.45 99.45 0.00 55.61 43.80 31.19 2.39 2.46 4.43 54.00 41.73 28.64 2.31 2.54 5.87 Rask 89.6 3.24

In an easier to digest format (uploaded screenshot to Imgur).

https://i.imgur.com/ZpSrGQS.png

• PhoFever

Really struggling with my single bullet GPP entry today; changed my lineup around 10 times already. I know I want 3 Red Wings but can’t decide whether I should spend the rest on Patrice/Pasta or Patrice/Kane. Using Franson (still on CHI PP1 to my knowledge) and one of the many attractive Ducks blue liners to save salary.

• Ryanoss

• 2015 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Franson’s most recent deployment was popcorn eater 1 of press box 1.
    Maybe he was hurt.

• Felixxberg

@Seahawktom said...

Really struggling with my single bullet GPP entry today; changed my lineup around 10 times already. I know I want 3 Red Wings but can’t decide whether I should spend the rest on Patrice/Pasta or Patrice/Kane. Using Franson (still on CHI PP1 to my knowledge) and one of the many attractive Ducks blue liners to save salary.

I always prefer taking two players together over two one-offs, even if both combos are elite. Patrice and I share the same last name so he’s always a good choice!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler