NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  Calgary ( 0 ) at  Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 110 ) at  Chicago ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    10:05 PM :  Boston ( 105 ) at  Anaheim ( -125 ) —- T: 105

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• StPaulMick

@Ryanoss said...

Franson’s most recent deployment was popcorn eater 1 of press box 1.
    Maybe he was hurt.

Lol. Lost some coffee on that one.

• Felixxberg

The line matching article is a must today in my opinion. 3 game slate, so not too many ways to differentiate. Made my hesitation about some lines go away.

• StPaulMick

Where is everyone looking for value tonight? Maybe it isn’t going to be necessary to scrape the bottom of the salary barrel to find that one gem. One of the high priced guys it might be worth passing on is Johnny Hockey. You can save some salary there. Much has been made about this “one weird trick” to keep him off the scoresheet. That trick being: put him on the road. Stop me if you’ve heard this one before (and I’m sure you all have, so my apologies), but I’m going to try and paste something in here so that you can all see that is backed up by stats. Take a look at the home/road splits.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/gaudrjo01/splits/

• Felixxberg

@Felixxberg said...

Well, after a few rough days, I’m down to the night where it’s go big or go home! If I lose tonight, I’ll have to lower my daily investment. Wish I could go back to the beginning of the week when my bankroll was a lot higher!

Decided to be more reasonable! Max entering the $3 20-max contest and a single bullet in both the $8 and the $33 contest. A couple of lineups in the $25 contest on FD too. It’s not that reasonable but it’s better than just entering lineups at $33 a piece.

• Felixxberg

@StPaulMick said...

Where is everyone looking for value tonight? Maybe it isn’t going to be necessary to scrape the bottom of the salary barrel to find that one gem. One of the high priced guys it might be worth passing on is Johnny Hockey. You can save some salary there. Much has been made about this “one weird trick” to keep him off the scoresheet. That trick being: put him on the road. Stop me if you’ve heard this one before (and I’m sure you all have, so my apologies), but I’m going to try and paste something in here so that you can all see that is backed up by stats. Take a look at the home/road splits.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/gaudrjo01/splits/

Yep! I do know that trick!

• Quickparty

@Felixxberg said...

The line matching article is a must today in my opinion. 3 game slate, so not too many ways to differentiate. Made my hesitation about some lines go away.

Why thank you. AND it’s actually done on time, with some new formatting per requests.

Lots of value out there today, I’m incredibly bullish on one Frank Vatrano.

• StPaulMick

As Dyavid and Zieg pointed out, a bit of a dropoff in production among top lines is expected on the road due to preferential matchups dictated by the home team, but Gaudreau’s splits numbers bear out that there is something else going on with him.

• Felixxberg

@Quickparty said...

Why thank you. AND it’s actually done on time, with some new formatting per requests.

Lots of value out there today, I’m incredibly bullish on one Frank Vatrano.

The only line that I think is obvious is CGY2. I had a hard time choosing my other lines and it helped me for sure. I was hesitating between CHI3, BOS2 and BOS4 as cheap lines. Now, I’m all set!

• PhoFever

@Felixxberg said...

I always prefer taking two players together over two one-offs, even if both combos are elite. Patrice and I share the same last name so he’s always a good choice!

Haha! Sometimes it’s those decisions based on arbitrary factors like “I like the guy’s last name” that pay off the most.

• mathewsmarner

yes but what if the guy whose last name you like is missing out on brad marchand, his right hand man

• MakinItkane9

@mathewsmarner said...

yes but what if the guy whose last name you like is missing out on brad marchand, his right hand man

Your name is matthewsmarner and i never wanna play either of those clowns

• dandub9

Where can I find the line matching article?

• MakinItkane9

Im switching to fanduel for the time being – i like their gpp’s better. Better payout.. more caps on the amount of entries. i rarely play over 5.

• PhoFever

@Felixxberg said...

The only line that I think is obvious is CGY2. I had a hard time choosing my other lines and it helped me for sure. I was hesitating between CHI3, BOS2 and BOS4 as cheap lines. Now, I’m all set!

I started the morning thinking CGY2 because I always like 2nd lines of hot offensive clubs on the road (for reasons already discussed on this thread). Now I’m balking, though, because Howard is having a good stretch and it’s usually unwise to target a hot goalie playing at home for a decent defensive club that is well rested. I can see this game being 4-2 Detroit with CGY2 notching one goal. Just a gut feeling.

• mathewsmarner

Cgy1 and Anh1 with franson and bieksa (insert goalie there after) is achievable.

But now you guys are doing road splits like it’s ben rothlisberger

the troubling part is the neglect of chi

what one could also do is achieve chi 2 with cgy 1 (both ‘full’ lines on the top power play) add popcorn eater franson/tuuka rask and insert $3100 defence man leftover

• MakinItkane9

@mathewsmarner said...

Cgy1 and Anh1 with franson and bieksa (insert goalie there after) is achievable.

But now you guys are doing road splits like it’s ben rothlisberger

the troubling part is the neglect of chi

the ben splits are way too real and so are gaudreaus
    gm g a
    Home 129 53 87 140 23 24 41 12 0 7 323 16.4 3108 2445:55 18:58

Road 120 27 61 88 -10 16 19 8 0 7 292 9.2 2818 2214:57 18:27

• Zieg30

@Felixxberg said...

Decided to be more reasonable! Max entering the $3 20-max contest and a single bullet in both the $8 and the $33 contest. A couple of lineups in the $25 contest on FD too. It’s not that reasonable but it’s better than just entering lineups at $33 a piece.

Good luck. I’m boycotting DK today over their horrendous $8. Putting in 10-15 entries on FD and calling it a day.

• mathewsmarner

140 pts to 88 is troubling but this is detroit were talking about

also one could also achieve chi 2 with cgy 1 (both ‘full’ lines on the top power play) add popcorn eater franson/tuuka rask and insert $3100 defense man left over.

troubling thing is, you leave out toews and saad and anh 1 (cough derik grant)

• dyavid

@MakinItkane9 said...

the ben splits are way too real and so are gaudreaus
    gm g a
    Home 129 53 87 140 23 24 41 12 0 7 323 16.4 3108 2445:55 18:58

Road 120 27 61 88 -10 16 19 8 0 7 292 9.2 2818 2214:57 18:27

gaudreau has been better this year on the road. 6pts in 6gp but he’s absolutely crushing at home which is why his price has risen so much (18pts in 11gp). i’ll have a little bit of him but more CGY2

• MakinItkane9

@dyavid said...

gaudreau has been better this year on the road. 6pts in 6gp but he’s absolutely crushing at home which is why his price has risen so much (18pts in 11gp). i’ll have a little bit of him but more CGY2

im with ya. still got 20% go dro

• sizzlebeans

@Seahawktom said...

I started the morning thinking CGY2 because I always like 2nd lines of hot offensive clubs on the road (for reasons already discussed on this thread). Now I’m balking, though, because Howard is having a good stretch and it’s usually unwise to target a hot goalie playing at home for a decent defensive club that is well rested. I can see this game being 4-2 Detroit with CGY2 notching one goal. Just a gut feeling.

I’m fading CGY, too. All in on DET1 and CHI2 with some Gibson and ANA defensemen. Granted, I’m pretty much only playing cash games today due to the short slate.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Good luck. I’m boycotting DK today over their horrendous $8. Putting in 10-15 entries on FD and calling it a day.

Thanks! You too. Yep I’m entering only 1 lineup in that one as a lottery ticket. I’ll probably mix BOS4 with CGY2 or something like that.

• Felixxberg

@Seahawktom said...

I can see this game being 4-2 Detroit with CGY2 notching one goal. Just a gut feeling.

I’d be alright with that if DET1 scores 4 goals.

• sizzlebeans

Hmmm…Hampus GTD tonight. That makes the B’s a little more intersting and now I might swap out Gibson in nets.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler