7:35 PM :  Dallas ( 149 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -165 ) —- T: 149
    8:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 115 ) at  Winnipeg ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    8:05 PM :  Nashville ( 110 ) at  Minnesota ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    9:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 105 ) at  Edmonton ( -125 ) —- T: 105
    9:05 PM :  Washington ( -135 ) at  Colorado ( 115 ) —- T: -135
    10:05 PM :  Vegas ( 140 ) at  Vancouver ( -160 ) —- T: 140
    10:35 PM :  Florida ( 145 ) at  San Jose ( -161 ) —- T: 145
    10:35 PM :  Boston ( 0 ) at  Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Blahaaron

@acadac said...

I didn’t think anatomy lessons were necessary now that it’s 2017, but clearly someone hasn’t brushed up on their understanding of gender. It’s pretty simple so I don’t think I need to Iay it out.

Yeah I know calling the Sedin twins sisters is a thing that people do but they are tough as nails and future hall of famers.

• Kraftster

Just signed up for the line matching article this week. The article doesn’t seem to always indicate the basis for analyzing A and B, i.e., doesn’t expressly confirm that a team does or does not line match when at home. Do we just take the author’s word the matchups will shake out as analyzed? For tonight’s slate, I’m particularly interested in the WAS/COL game. I’m not sure why, on home ice, Bednar would not get L1 out against the Kuz/OV line? The article puts Col L1 out against WAS 2 (the Backstrom line, which the article actually refers to as WAS 1). Are we sure that will be the matchup?

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Quickparty said...

I’m iffy on Hub’s effectiveness if he even plays. Missed shifts last game and no morning skate doesn’t bode well for me even if he says he’s in…and with it being the late late game, I just can’t pull the trigger.
    Also no info on if SJ are running Joes-Donskoi or Pavs-Couture-Hertl again.

Thanks! They’re going with their old lines for tonight (https://twitter.com/ycmmat/lists/sj-sharks).

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Kraftster said...

Just signed up for the line matching article this week. The article doesn’t seem to always indicate the basis for analyzing A and B, i.e., doesn’t expressly confirm that a team does or does not line match when at home. Do we just take the author’s word the matchups will shake out as analyzed? For tonight’s slate, I’m particularly interested in the WAS/COL game. I’m not sure why, on home ice, Bednar would not get L1 out against the Kuz/OV line? The article puts Col L1 out against WAS 2 (the Backstrom line, which the article actually refers to as WAS 1). Are we sure that will be the matchup?

Quickparty is the guy who writes them and he usually reads the current forum so he might answer you.

• dyavid

@acadac said...

I didn’t think anatomy lessons were necessary now that it’s 2017, but clearly someone hasn’t brushed up on their understanding of gender. It’s pretty simple so I don’t think I need to Iay it out.

you’re right! epot shouldn’t just assume their gender

• TicketRaven

I like Markstrom
    should get me the dk win

• Blahaaron

Ok eff it. I have edited my free roll a bunch and I’ll never be happy with it because there is too much I want to do. I’m staying with the obvious lines MTL 1 and Ottawa 1.

• Blahaaron

The $1K quarter Jukebox usually isnt this full until a half hour until game time. There must be a lot of nba players playing tonight. I was gonna enter more too.

• sizzlebeans

@Blahaaron said...

Ok eff it. I have edited my free roll a bunch and I’ll never be happy with it because there is too much I want to do. I’m staying with the obvious lines MTL 1 and Ottawa 1.

obvious lines won’t beat 85,000 other LUs though ;)

• epot

@acadac said...

“I think it was Punch Imlach that used to say that certain players could go into the corners with a a dozen eggs and come back out with none broken”…sorry I didn’t mean to offend anyone!

• keephustlincuz

@sizzlebeans said...

I used Pouliot the other night at $2900 when i saw he was on the top PP line and he exceeded expectations. Edler is a little more expensive, but if he takes Pouliot’s spot, I’m all for it!

I have a bit of BBB and pouliot going tonight. If you happen to see a confirmed lineup can you post a link.

• Quickparty

@Kraftster said...

This is a tough one to be honest. Colorado always matches MacKinnon against the “best” line of the opposition. With the way WSH is running these days, I’ve moved to the assumption that teams will have Backstrom as the ‘best’. As an example, NSH pits NSH1 against the softer top-6 line…in their game the other night, that meant Ovechkin.

Also, since it’s on DFO I typically use their numbering systems to not confuse things. Feel free to slip the PMs (although I dont check them much) or twitter DMs (@adalyfrey) for clarity on anything.

Either way, COL1 is in a great spot and I would prefer they see Ovechkin but am expecting Backstrom.

• Blahaaron

@sizzlebeans said...

obvious lines won’t beat 85,000 other LUs though ;)

I’ll never beat 85000 anyway. I just want to at least get into the 10,000 range. Aw hell. Back to the drawing board. Maybe I’ll go with Florida 1 and Nash 2.

• KindGuy

So which line is going to help me take down this NHL freeroll tonight?

• Blahaaron

@elementasrat said...

So which line is going to help me take down this NHL freeroll tonight?

Tampa line 1 Stamkos, Kucherov, Namestnikov is the most likely to get the most – so far this season no line tops them. Super expensive though.

• KindGuy

@Blahaaron said...

Tampa line 1 Stamkos, Kucherov, Namestnikov is the most likely to get the most – so far this season no line tops them.

Meh, too chalky.

• Blahaaron

@elementasrat said...

Meh, too chalky.

I believe canucks Horvat, Boesser and Baertschi line will have a very good night.
    I dont believe theyll be heavily owned.

• Canuckage

TB1 has been so hot and expensive that isn’t almost impossible to stack with another top line lol

• Blahaaron

@Canuckage said...

TB1 has been so hot and expensive that isn’t almost impossible to stack with another top line lol

You can stack em with the Horvat line.

• Kraftster

@Quickparty said...

This is a tough one to be honest. Colorado always matches MacKinnon against the “best” line of the opposition. With the way WSH is running these days, I’ve moved to the assumption that teams will have Backstrom as the ‘best’. As an example, NSH pits NSH1 against the softer top-6 line…in their game the other night, that meant Ovechkin.

Also, since it’s on DFO I typically use their numbering systems to not confuse things. Feel free to slip the PMs (although I dont check them much) or twitter DMs (@adalyfrey) for clarity on anything.

Either way, COL1 is in a great spot and I would prefer they see Ovechkin but am expecting Backstrom.

Thanks for the response. Man, I wish I didn’t have so much riding on the answer to this. Lots of COL 1 and WAS 2 lines in my LUs, and I like both appreciably less if they are facing off against one another. I’m surprised Bednar would subject the Mack line to the other team’s best, but I guess when you look at the rest of their roster, it’s not hard to see how things might be even worse for them defensively if they focused on giving the Mack line easier minutes.

• branches882

For NHL, is it best to do two line stacks from different teams and then fill the rest with singles, or, one line stack and the rest singles?

• Canuckage

@branches882 said...

For NHL, is it best to do two line stacks from different teams and then fill the rest with singles, or, one line stack and the rest singles?

Prefer to stack two lines but you can do 3 + 2 stack

• Blahaaron

@branches882 said...

To get a lot of pts you pretty much need to guess which game will get the most goals and pick the lines that will score the most which hasnt been easy this year because players who don’t normally score can go on a tear for a game and mess everything up. That is due to the uptick in goals being scored. Goalies are even harder to pick. My advice is to do what you feel is best. Some like 2 stacks. Some stack the forwards a D man and a goalie. Others will pick 5 to 7 players in a game that they believe will be high scoring. If they do that and pick the right players they can score huge pts.

• Quickparty

MacKinnon at home has seen primary minutes vs:
    DAL1, BOS1, STL1 (when that was Tank/Stastny/Steen), CHI1, and mixed minutes vs CAR. Anaheim game is a wash.
    One interesting note was after Duchene got traded, COL1 saw OTT3/OTT2 as the home team in Sweden, but I’m not putting much stock in that.
    The CHI1/WSH1 (Backstrom) comparison seems fair to me. CHI2 has the ‘scariest’ offensive player in Kane, while WSH2 has the ‘scariest’ in OV, but MacK still saw the 1s. Just so you know where my head is at.

• Blahaaron

I’m still angry Colorado changed line 2. That was my fave line to play for the past week

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).