7:35 PM :  Florida ( -115 ) at  Toronto ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    7:35 PM :  Nashville ( 0 ) at  Ottawa ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Boston ( 100 ) at  Minnesota ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    8:05 PM :  San Jose ( -110 ) at  St. Louis ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    8:35 PM :  Colorado ( 140 ) at  Dallas ( -160 ) —- T: 140
    10:05 PM :  New Jersey ( 135 ) at  Anaheim ( -155 ) —- T: 135
    10:05 PM :  Arizona ( 105 ) at  Vancouver ( -125 ) —- T: 105
    10:35 PM :  Edmonton ( 0 ) at  Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• kdub

Where can I find High danger scoring chance data? cant seem to find it anywhere

• tristanwolf

@kdub said...

Where can I find High danger scoring chance data? cant seem to find it anywhere

What is “high danger”?

• Heterodox

@tristanwolf said...

What is “high danger”?

http://www.corsica.hockey/blog/2016/08/13/shot-quality-and-expected-goals-part-1-5/

kdub, corsica also has high/low danger shots/goals against for goalies, not sure if they have equivalents for skaters. Trying to check, but I guess one tradeoff for having so much info on a free site is that the site will be glitchy and slow. (not a complaint, Fangraphs is the same way, both sites are amazing)

• maxeernst

@Heterodox said...

http://www.corsica.hockey/blog/2016/08/13/shot-quality-and-expected-goals-part-1-5/

kdub, corsica also has high/low danger shots/goals against for goalies, not sure if they have equivalents for skaters. Trying to check, but I guess one tradeoff for having so much info on a free site is that the site will be glitchy and slow. (not a complaint, Fangraphs is the same way, both sites are amazing)

Corsica.Hockey has SCA and SCF. They are integrated with the expected goals model. Scoring chances are >0.09 xG.

• yuda

Ghost a healthy scratch tonight. Hak says it will be a good learning experience for him. WTF

• Heterodox

@maxeernst said...

Corsica.Hockey has SCA and SCF. They are integrated with the expected goals model. Scoring chances are >0.09 xG

I personally have just been using ixG and ixFSh% for skaters

• Codith

@yuda said...

Ghost a healthy scratch tonight. Hak says it will be a good learning experience for him. WTF

As a Flyers fan I agree with this. Ghost has played terrible the last handful of games, sometimes these young elite types need a slap in the face to realize that they haven’t been playing even close to the level they are needed. Ghost is the type that will come back from this and dominate. Good move.

• StanHalen

Reimer revenge game tonight?

• bdvratoric

Who here is with me on those Canucks? Lol

• umwoz

As for high danger you can just as easilly use xG, xFsh% and avg DIST

• keephustlincuz

@Codith said...

As a Flyers fan I agree with this. Ghost has played terrible the last handful of games, sometimes these young elite types need a slap in the face to realize that they haven’t been playing even close to the level they are needed. Ghost is the type that will come back from this and dominate. Good move.

Congratulations Ghost on winning the philly pro athelete of the year award. Enjoy the game from the press box.

Nice job Dave Hackstol.

• umwoz

@StanHalen said...

Reimer revenge game tonight?

His price makes me wanna try it, but Reimer truly is an average at best goalie.

• Scumpunch

@umwoz said...

As for high danger you can just as easilly use xG, xFsh% and avg DIST

I’ve never used xFsh%, but it seems interesting. It lines up pretty well with xG and avg DIST, which I do use.

I’m having a hard time knowing what to do with the Avs this year. They’re 2nd best in the league in score and venue adjusted 5v5 xGA/60, 6th in SCA/60, 2nd in Avg DISTA, and, now that I look at it, 2nd in xFSv%. Have they really transitioned to a well above average defensive team under their new coach, or is it too soon to tell? Obviously relevant today as Dallas should be the most popular team on the board.

• TicketRaven

Dallas Stars haven’t passed the eye test in weeks. I know the injury list is long and the talent is thinned every game, but just can’t roster guys with $6,500+ price tags when everyone around them has no upside either. Weird team this year. They will probably rip off 10 in a row in February – just have to fade until I see something.

• TicketRaven

Sharks at Blues – another game with 2 teams that finding 2 players to give you that combo of 15 pts.+ per night just haven’t got it done. Take Burns and Pavel you get 11 pts. Take stasny/shwartz/steen get 11 or 12 points total – does anyone see a combination that’s a threat to win a GPP on these teams of late?

• TicketRaven

Yakupov on the PP2 – maybe?

• babaloos

@bdvratoric said...

Who here is with me on those Canucks? Lol

Me, but it might have to do with me being at the game tonight

• TicketRaven

Dal -165
    Phi -140

Odds must be broken today – lol

• TicketRaven

Nash has a good chance tonight 2-2 game OT to win
    Ana is going to roll tonight 6-1
    Boston could get this one 4-2 (Wild now too favored – they are not that good)

• TicketRaven

I like Brown / Dowd / Setaguchi

• james9119

@TicketRaven said...

I like Brown / Dowd / Setaguchi

What leads you to pick players like these. Sorry, I’m a first year fantasy player and always seem to have trouble finding the right value plays like this and usually end up creating a balanced lineup of first and second liners with maybe one high priced stud.

• savedatmoneyquan

Any Florida 2 love?

• TicketRaven

Vlad?, Nakky, Hoffman?, Steen?,
    lots of question marks

• maxeernst

@james9119 said...

What leads you to pick players like these. Sorry, I’m a first year fantasy player and always seem to have trouble finding the right value plays like this and usually end up creating a balanced lineup of first and second liners with maybe one high priced stud.

I would recommend not following whatever advice you get in response to this. These are questionable plays at best.

• cplatt87

Anyone heard anything about Ducks starter?

Sounds like they had an optional skate and only thing I can find is one beat writer mentioning he thinks Bernier will start, but I’m guessing we probably won’t get a confirmation until warmups?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).